No waypoints for the P3
16843 64 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ob1artkid
lvl.1

United States

I don't think you're right. It wouldn't be that hard for them to produce the software for this, especially since they have already done this in the past. Also, there's so, so, so many people complaining about this. Think about it. Why would a company want so many passionate complainers when they can easily produce the software since they have already done it before. You guys are being naive  thinking DJI is lazy. I don't think so. In fact, they could have included the software and charged a little more. Even now, since so many people are complaining and want it, they can just say "let's do it because we definitely see that people want it and we can even charge a little for it and make more money." No, they definitely don't want any part of producing the software even though they have done it before and even though they could possibly make some money on it. They're not stupid despite that people on here are screaming they are. While I don't think DJI products and support are 100% perfect, they are by far the best in the drone market. They're the best currently and there's absolutely no need for them to offer software that may cause problems. The only way I see them producing  waypoints and ground station (without a 3rd party involvement), would be if another company successfully produces and masters it and forces DJI to do it. That kind of goes for all features.
2015-4-13
Use props
tclutz
lvl.1

United States

Did any of you stop to think that the reason DJI has not included automated flight path software is due to the fact that the FAA has banned automated flight?! Amazon is forced to do their testing in other countries because the FAA has expressed banned any and all automated flight. And what about the requirement to keep line of sight? What if an automated flight path causes the pilot to lose line of sight?

I am one who would've purchased the P3 for the use of flight path software, but the more I read the angry posts on this page, the more i reflected on the actual root of the decision not to include. Why would you willfully include a feature that has been expressly banned by the government agency you are trying to appease?

Hey Chevy/Toyota/Ford, why didn't you release your latest vehicles with a feature that allows for automated driving paths?! HUH!? *Sarcasm*

end_of_thought
2015-5-20
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Never used waypoints but surely the motions the quadcopter makes using them are uncinematic?
2015-5-20
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

This is total BS. Im sorry. You can't call it a PROFESSIONAL and not have Home loc, not have POI, not have waypoints. I have some serious incentive to sell mine off. If you can't do complex cinematic pans then what good is this drone? It just became a toy with this news.  Not even compatible with a second controller. Sorry but this really is making me angry now when MANY TIMES DJI has said it was coming.

You may have just lost a lot of business to 3DR. Sorry but its a fact.

- Not happy customer right now :@
2015-6-1
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

It is coming.  I have the SDK and the waypoints/ground station capability is completely supported.  You all have very vivid imaginations, I'll give you that.  Tuck in your napkins, crow is about to be served.  GS is coming soon....
2015-6-1
Use props
jeremybrooking
lvl.2

New Zealand

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-9 01:40
You are correct.  No waypoints.  You will have to wait for the SDK to be released and as Eric stated ...

Hang on, I JUST finished a live chat support call with you guys who say the total opposite to you.

Seriously, does this companys head know what its ass is doing?
2015-6-1
Use props
mheger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 454511 ft
Germany

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-9 01:40
You are correct.  No waypoints.  You will have to wait for the SDK to be released and as Eric stated ...

hello, why suddenly no waypoints? Eric Chang of DJI USA told something different at this hands-on:   (Min. 17:10)

and: why DJI don't talk about no SDK for P3 Advanced at the official Product-Site? There DJI writes: SDK DEVELOPMENT

Have a new idea that requires a view from the sky?
Develop your own app by using the DJI Software Development Kit. The Phantom 3 platform is fully
open
and allows you to program apps that...

The Phantom 3 Plattform, not only the Phantom 3 Profesional!!!!!!!!

But there must be more difference than camera and charger between Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional, because SDK is only for professional version  i can read there: https://www.dji.com/info/news/dj ... ire-1-and-phantom-3
What are other differences between Adv and Pro Models than camera (HD/4K) and Charger (56/100W)? Look at the Video, Eric Chen told that are only differenes! Now i bought a Adv. and will never use SDK-based Functions and Apps? No Waypoints???? Thats not fair DJI!
2015-6-2
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

The SDK does group the Professional and Inspire together in the typedef DJIDroneType, but also contains a typedef for the Advanced: DJIDrone_Phantom3Advanced.  I really believe that the Flight Management System on both the Professional and Advanced are identical, the only difference being in the camera body itself.  When they integrate GS/Waypoints into the Pilot app, it may be that GS will not work on the Advanced ONLY AS A SALES mechanism.  I do hope not (I own the Advanced).  But be sure - the SDK gives 3rd parties the ability to allow this for the Advanced.  GS/Waypoints will come, rest assured.
2015-6-2
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

I love my P3p.  But IF the Inspire1 is still waiting for waypoints, it's been out for how long, the P3 is not going to get waypoints, follow me, ground station or any other promise coming soon with SDK, any time soon.
2015-6-2
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

digitaldave Posted at 2015-6-2 07:34
This is total BS. Im sorry. You can't call it a PROFESSIONAL and not have Home loc, not have POI, no ...

I dont understand your post, this thread was already old. Why you came here and posting that GS is not coming? Who said that?
2015-6-2
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

mheger Posted at 2015-6-2 19:49
hello, why suddenly no waypoints? Eric Chang of DJI USA told something different at this hands-on:  ...

look at the date my friend
2015-6-2
Use props
morgenmicha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 454511 ft
Germany

but look at the website my friend... nothing about waypoints... only sdk...
2015-6-13
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-9 08:33
That is a corporate decision.  We could do it but choose to let third parties make the application ...

Hi Tahoe_Ed... I am just wondering if there is any news about waypoints-developing... Have you heard anything or........
Kindest regards,
Max
2015-7-8
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I'm a sucker. Inspire 1 since February and recently bought a P3P for backup while Inspire 1 is out in the LA Spa for motor diagnostics/replacement.
I fly commercially with an Exemption, and cannot be without a photo bird. I gave up on Groundstation and bought an X8+ for mapping. It works great!
Bottom line IMHO- the Inspire 1 is an AWESOME bird to fly and capture pretty damn good video. The P3P is ok but jittery in flight comparatively.
YES, I do want GS for the Inspire 1 and P3P, but couldn't wait for the DJI promises to materialize. I would love to be amoung many who call them out in public at their next launch event
Marketing BS should be punishable crime and liability levied to remedy those who were duped.
2015-7-8
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those using Android devices, this third party application has a waypoint feature:
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .djiultimateflight3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-8
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

That is a corporate decision.  We could do it but choose to let third parties make the application ...

How convenient for you.

Are you afraid of liability?  Why not add a disclaimer to your advertising and user manual?  Didn't you release the P2 with these features?  Did you suffer shame and lawsuits with the P2?

Your marketing people need to be restrained.

2015-7-8
Use props
craigr9
lvl.2

United States

If this is true, then WHY is DJI limiting 3rd party developers from adding these features.  I own Litchi, and UltimateFlight.  Both developers are unable to enable these functions, because DJI disabled the SDK, with the last firmware update.
Both developers are waiting on DJI to re-enable the SDK, which currently does not work with the P3.
Is there a way to get our money back, so that we go back to the Vision +, or buy a 3DR Solo?
2015-7-8
Use props
sstriano
lvl.1

United States

craigr9@comcast Posted at 2015-7-8 23:42
If this is true, then WHY is DJI limiting 3rd party developers from adding these features.  I own  ...

Man! This combined with the cracking issue on the shells!

I think a class action lawsuit might wake them up maybe?

Very disappointed! If 3DR get's the Solo hashed out DJI will be in trouble.
2015-7-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

craigr9@comcast Posted at 2015-7-8 23:42
If this is true, then WHY is DJI limiting 3rd party developers from adding these features.  I own  ...
There are plans to have support for GS, but there is no information on a date yet.  I apologize for your frustration.  I can only relay the information from R&D.
2015-7-8
Use props
launchpad72
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-9 06:35
There are plans to have support for GS, but there is no information on a date yet.  I ap ...

Dear DJI,

When sending out software updates please do it right, test it and make sure it works. We can wait as long it is rock solid with no issue. Please don't just pump stuff out to make those who complain happy. Sending crap out will hurt the company and community more than a long wait on something.  I want waypoints, but I want it to come back home more!!

Signed
Every Phantom Owner

2015-8-22
Use props
ddomit
lvl.1
Mexico

They actually had those features in the DJI Go app description, but they have removed them.

You can see in this video, they are already advertising those features in the app. Sec 37.

2015-8-27
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

gsp171@mchsi.co Posted at 2015-4-9 02:10
Now that's a deal breaker, what a joke, let the community be the test subjects to the development wi ...

it is not for DJI to learn, it is for consumers if not happy!!!
2015-8-27
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-8 21:48
That depends on the developers.  DJI will provide them with the tools, what they do with them is u ...

Do you want to revise this answer and the one above?
2015-10-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inspire users and P3 users are using Litchi and Pix4D and many other Apps with great success.  We also have Waypoints, POI, Follow Me, CL and HL integrated into our App.  I am not sure what your point is?
2015-10-1
Use props
46chief
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581519 ft
United States

Apple has done pretty well with it's own Apps, even itunes is on the other OS. It's so frustrating that DJI hasn't developed this, ISn't available for the P@? Instead they make it more dangerous to fly because if you want to follow waypoints you have tolaunch your vehicle fly up to 10 meters, look down at your screen take your hand off the control open the tool in the Go app, select the appropriate  function, then fly to the next point, pause set waypoint etc...

So misleading I bought the P3 because I thought the ground station app or the pc ground station app would enable my p3 to be a mapping tool. Someone at Amazon is not going to like me I'm boxing this back up and returning it.

2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules