No Fly Zone Question
1009 9 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

I had this error pop up last night... (Pic1)

Is this telling me I can't fly? or is it just warning me that I'm close to the Red No Fly zone? (Pic2) and what will happen if I entered it.... Just want to be sure.. as I've never had a no fly zone warning before.

Cheers

Pic 1

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 2

2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is warning you to fly with caution so you can fly as normal however, if you fly near the red NFZ the drone will stop and hover as geo fenced from entering that airspace - glad to see an example of this working.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is just warning that you are close to the NFZ. You can check whether the motor can be started.
2017-10-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

They are not spelling "Smart" correctly in the app warning.  
2017-10-16
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-10-16 02:04

Nice Catch!
2017-10-16
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-10-16 02:04

This is why they have a  "Report Error"  link in the warning tab...Did you actually report it?
2017-10-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Do you not also get a warning about the green zone?

Even if you don't get a warning you should take note of it since it is a low fly area for the RAF where they are allowed to fly down to 0ft.  If you are flying somewhere within their boundary and don't have good all round visibility then check their flying times before you fly: https://www.raf.mod.uk/rafshawbury/flyinginfo/lowflying.cfm

They also have a drone info page: https://www.raf.mod.uk/rafshawbu ... onesafetyadvice.cfm

I doubt they fly much where you were flying but the boundary on their map does go to that area.  Their map is not a circle! -
2017-10-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, if rth doesn't work, Can you still bring it home manually?
2017-10-16
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for all the replies. In the heat of the moment the message didn't quite make sense to me, and I aborted just in case. Even now though message could be written a little better. No, I didn't get a message at all about the "Green" zone. The above message is all I got. I did start the motors successfully after dismissing the message, but didn't fly just in case. Now I know I can.... I'll be back

2017-10-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-16 07:36
So, if rth doesn't work, Can you still bring it home manually?

Presumably you would have to manually fly around the NFZ using the map display and then you can go back to using RTH when it has a clear path to home.

It is unlikely to be a problem though since it will only happen if you activate RTH while the opposite side of the NFZ from home and there are not many NFZs small enough to stay in visual range while flying to the other side of them.
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules