3034 60 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Dale 68 Posted at 2017-10-16 06:05
I think pilots use this chart when reporting incidents..

I don't see Snoopy or the Red Baron on that diagram? Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-16
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Can you stop trying to ruin the hobby by posting fake news. Go spout your lies somewhere else.
2017-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/ ... ial-flight-50527567
2017-10-18
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

I decline to inject my opinion until proof is offered from either side.
2017-10-18
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2017-10-16 02:31
Cnn is finally reporting this. What took them so long? This happened Thursday the 12th didn't it?  http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/16/technology/drone-passenger-plane-canada/

Your first problem is watching cnn...they are far from the definitive news network they once were and still think they are
2017-10-18
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

That is very funny!
2017-10-18
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

I think it is both a bit premature to assume this is 1) "fake news" as there are some official reports of an incident that should not be ignored, and 2) at present there is much conjecture, otherwise known as gossip that is muddying the waters on this.  It would be best to wait and see, as has been pointed out there have been many past assumptions about drone hits to only be something else later.
Also, agree with Nigel, whether this is or is not a drone strike the perception is a huge problem that we all don't need.  For one, we don't need DJI putting yet more after market restrictions on our property than we already have and we don't need the government further restricting our hobby/profession more than there already is.
All of us responsible individuals need to hold those morons out there accountable if and when we see it, report them or at least call them on their behavior and improper operations.
2017-10-18
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Yep. Very helpful. Should be distributed to all pilots.
2017-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-10-18 02:03
Can you stop trying to ruin the hobby by posting fake news. Go spout your lies somewhere else.

Are you back to your insultive manners again.
Buddy, I though we lost you in the last firmware debacle... Hahaha

Some peoples kids...oh British eh. That explains it, for you anyway.

Jabs to the ribs, and uppercut, to his leading chin.

RedHotPoker

2017-10-18
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-18 09:38
I think it is both a bit premature to assume this is 1) "fake news" as there are some official reports of an incident that should not be ignored, and 2) at present there is much conjecture, otherwise known as gossip that is muddying the waters on this.  It would be best to wait and see, as has been pointed out there have been many past assumptions about drone hits to only be something else later.
Also, agree with Nigel, whether this is or is not a drone strike the perception is a huge problem that we all don't need.  For one, we don't need DJI putting yet more after market restrictions on our property than we already have and we don't need the government further restricting our hobby/profession more than there already is.
All of us responsible individuals need to hold those morons out there accountable if and when we see it, report them or at least call them on their behavior and improper operations.

Exactly, whether it is fake news or not mostly it is conjecture. The press for one are blowing things up way out of proportion. An airbus copilot reports a drone on finals passing (at a speed of 77 meters or so per second) just above the starboard wing (which cannot easily be seen from the cockpit anyway). The press reports a near miss with death for 100s of passengers. 24 hours later the report was redefined as a probable plastic shopping bag. This is just one report of many. Whatever happened in the free word of the principal “innocent before proven guilty”. It obviously does not apply to the press.

Whether drone pilot, commercial pilot, regulator or the press, we should be careful and act responsibly, at the end of the day we must ALL pay the price.
2017-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Doesn't matter to me what you all think.

Or whether you believe this event happened or not, besides what difference does it make to my life? Nota lot. Ha

It's only a drone strike folks, nothing to get excited about.  The pilot has everything under his command. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-10-18
Use props
Daniel777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 712 ft
Australia

Finally!

Dale 68 is the one with the correct conclusion and "fake news" takes second place.  

All the other commentary is exactly what the reaction that the 'authorities' hope for.
We see it with the gun debate all the time.
They put out fake news or worse still stage a mass shooting just to take away personal rights.
Welcome to big brother version 9.457.10.001
2017-10-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Daniel777 Posted at 2017-10-18 11:43
Finally!

Dale 68 is the one with the correct conclusion and "fake news" takes second place.  

They put out fake news or worse still stage a mass shooting just to take away personal rights.

Sorry mate but you just identified yourself as someone that no-one should pay any attention to.
Go back to watching Alex Jones videos
2017-10-18
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Yikes... Bad publicity...  tighter restrictions coming....  Was he a certified FAA drone pilot? He should be banned...
2017-10-18
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

sSunSets Posted at 2017-10-18 16:58
Was he a certified FAA drone pilot? He should be banned...

He can be a certified drone pilot if you want him to be.  Because he's just as real as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.  There's no pilot suspect and there has been no drone pieces recovered.  Nobody seems that interested in looking, either.  Gee, I wonder why that is?

By the way, the US FAA does not certify pilots, they certificate pilots.  Minor distinction perhaps.  But this incident happened in Canada so I doubt the FAA is all that involved in the case.
2017-10-18
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Hmmm... Your right... Fake news maybe... Maybe a goose or bird... On the evening recently was a follow up to a droner found in my area flying near a U2 concert at a NFL stadium. the town there has relaxed there position lately. And what I thought was a professional FAA certified or licensed gave his opinions. So whats the certifacation of private sector businesses that have state ot fed contracts that fly govt. contract flights for all professional flight applications. Are they certified by the FAA?  
2017-10-19
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-15 10:25
I can't use the expletive, locker room words here, that immediately come to mind. ;-)

DJI Drones would have not been able to fly in a NFZ yes?

2017-10-19
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

This is not good news...
2017-10-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sSunSets Posted at 2017-10-19 18:02
Hmmm... Your right... Fake news maybe... Maybe a goose or bird... On the evening recently was a follow up to a droner found in my area flying near a U2 concert at a NFL stadium. the town there has relaxed there position lately. And what I thought was a professional FAA certified or licensed gave his opinions. So whats the certifacation of private sector businesses that have state ot fed contracts that fly govt. contract flights for all professional flight applications. Are they certified by the FAA?

Are they certified by the FAA?

You'll find the answers here:  https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=20516

2017-10-19
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Thank you Labroides... Now I know the faa 107 rules... saved, and thanks again.
2017-10-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-10-19 18:26
DJI Drones would have not been able to fly in a NFZ yes?

Yes and no. Depends which firmware update you are flying with. ;-)

In the early days, there was no need for any. We could fly free, anyplace, respectfully.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules