More restrictions for Canada!!
729 3 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

And you guys wonder why DJI has to start locking down the hardware? All it takes is one idiot to ruin it for everyone.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/dro ... c-garneau-1.3633035

2017-10-15
Use props
fans464c96e6
lvl.2

Canada

This Transport minister of ours is not a smart guy. He has severe "droneophobia". He seems to hate all UAVs. While i understand the safety precautions, all his statements about incidents have been without proof. Is there a picture? of the drone, picture of the damaged plane or anything to prove it was drone? For all we know, the same way pilots used to report UFOs, this is one of those types of incidents.
I remember last year, i believe in UK, it was reported a drone had struck a plane, a few days later the story was revised to say that "it could have been a plastic bag floating in the air".

I for one, cant take these reports seriously. yes there are really really stupid people out there. But i still cant believe someone is that stupid to go hit a plane with a drone!
2017-10-15
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

Governments want monopolies of force, and intelligence is a tool for that. This is not about safety, it is about bullying people away from gathering their own intelligence. They are corporate tools themselves. The expose of meat industry cruelty to animals is just the beginning of what drones can do. They SHOULD be afraid of drones.
2017-10-15
Use props
Nigel8159
New
Canada

I'm all for appropriate and reasonable regulation of drones in Canada.  I would gladly register and fill out electronic flight plans for every flight.  The biggest problem is that you can't regulate "stupid".  As with anything ie cars (impaired drivers), guns (mental heath, criminals) - there is always a small percentage that don't observe regulation and have to be "enforced" into compliance.  We wouldn't dream of taking away the ability to drive because of impaired drivers and they kill far more innocent people than drones do.  We need to focus on the rule breakers not paint the whole body of drone pilots with the same brush.

I too would like to see the proof that it was in fact a drone as well before we begin the witch hunt.  
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules