Intermittent Connection Loss
1008 7 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was trying to fly my Mavic Pro yesterday.  I was using DJI GO4 V 4.1.10 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A The mavic has the latest firmware update.  I was in an area where I have flown before there is no interference. The tablet had wifi switched off.  
It wasn't a good flight.  Intermittently for a few seconds, The signal was repeatedly lost and regained.  I rebooted everything, but it made no difference. I had this problem before using a mobile phone which was solved by putting it into Aeroplane mode which didn't work here. It's the first time I've used DJI GO4 V4.1.10

Any tips?

Thanks

2017-10-16
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

maaaaaan im having the same issue.... started when I was on 4.1.8 and then 4.1.9.... I use a HTC ONE cell NEVER HAD ISSUES ( flown in usa and Europe) now im noticing the same issues that you have described. I will get the AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED every 30 to 45 seconds. I don't even have to lift off and I will get the "aircraft disconnected warnings". I have also taken off and have lost connection only to watch the MP hover and  then would connect again and I would immediately land. Only thing I have noticed is the radio interference is a little high but nothing that has ever been a big problem.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the intermittent image loss in a short distance, we mainly need to vary it into two aspects, one is the interference of the external environment, the other is the mobile device performance or connection itself, which means internal factor. So you can try to fly in another place, adjust the antennas of the RC, make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft; then you need to check if there is a bad connection between the RC and your mobile device, try another mobile device, use a mobile device with a strong performance and see if it works.
2017-10-16
Use props
Mascupz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55725 ft
Indonesia

Replace your usb cable with the better one, I use usb cable from ang**. It never disconnected anymore
2017-10-17
Use props
Culp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've tried 3 different cables and none work.  I haven't got an alternative to the tablet to try but I've reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab a6 to factory settings and then only installed DJI Go 4 but I'm still getting the connection issues
2017-12-18
Use props
Borny
lvl.3
Flight distance : 799665 ft
Australia

Have you found the problem? I'm having the same issue after upgrading to V01.04.  Everything worked fine before the upgrade &  i can't go backwards.
2017-12-20
Use props
djiuser_wOAgZwl
New
Flight distance : 4324 ft
United States

Ditto to above.  Same issues, keep losing connection from drone to phone.  Using Samsung Note 3, lose camera ability to switch back and forth, losing camera period.  No signal, system wants to go home, I cancel and then fly it back.  I seem to be able to fly the drone without signal, as if the phone has no bearing on the remote or drone.  I can make the gimbal move and fly as needed, but no picture.  When I download later, I get no pictures, but in some cases there is a video of the whole flight.  I sometime have the drone hovering in arms reach and it loses signal.  This is just in the last few months.  I can not downgrade back to DJIGO, have to use the "upgrade" DJI4.

Few questions for anybody,
I turn on my phone GPS when I fly, do I need it on?  I have turned it off to test it and the drone flew as well.

I fly with my wifi off on the phone, usually I am away from any wifi signal.  Wifi on my phone have any connection with the drone?

Getting tired of burning up half my battery trying to get the drone to fly, any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
2017-12-20
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

This happen me sometimes on 4.1.18, i am now on 4.1.15 again, no issues yet(latest firmware MP)Samsung A5 (2017)
Fly now with Litchi until 4.1.20 is safe to fly
2017-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules