HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE WARNING WINDOW ON YOUR DJI GO4 APP?
5065 18 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EoSwQBGMdUTzUxZExkcWNsXzg
WARNING WINDOW

Hi there,

I have travelled this week end to my village town in the middle of no where in Spain, and as you can imagine i was so excited to fly my Spark around the hills and the lake and every where i could imagine, but after driving for more that 3 hours when i tryed to get in the air i got a message window blocking the view of my phone screen sayin "This area (Ehnhaced warning zone) may include flight restrictions. Please confirm you want to continue the flight and be cautious.
I marked the box that says I accept full responsibility for my flight but the massage window did not dissapear from my screen. I tryed every thing, even restart the app and the drone, I tryed to connect to internet on my phone but it did not dissapear. I know that there is an airport like 30 kilometers away and an helicopter base like 10-12 kilometers away so I dont think that should be an issue.
Can anyone please tell me how i can get this message off my screen so I can fly and take nice pictures and footage?

2017-10-16
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you needed to check the other box indicating you are authorized to fly in that area.  Once you do that, then it would likely have enabled the "Confirm" button for you to be able to click on it and make the screen go away.
2017-10-16
Use props
Bluedot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218471 ft
Germany

Maybe you need to check both boxes, before you can successfully hit the „confirm“ dialogue? (In the film one can see that only one box is checked)
2017-10-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-16 12:43
I think you needed to check the other box indicating you are authorized to fly in that area.  Once you do that, then it would likely have enabled the "Confirm" button for you to be able to click on it and make the screen go away.

But I thought that one needs some kind of authorisation in any written form...Have you experienced this issue before?
2017-10-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Bluedot Posted at 2017-10-16 12:43
Maybe you need to check both boxes, before you can successfully hit the „confirm“ dialogue? (In the film one can see that only one box is checked)

Yeah cause i thought I should have some kind of written authorisation before i could check that box...but I will try that next time. Thanks for the tip
2017-10-16
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you really don't have authorization to be able to fly in that particular area, then you shouldn't be flying there.  If you do have authorization, then I'm pretty sure if you just agree to both items and click confirm, then you will be good to go.

Also see this response to similar question:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=825250
2017-10-16
Use props
Bluedot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218471 ft
Germany

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-16 12:54
Yeah cause i thought I should have some kind of written authorisation before i could check that box...but I will try that next time. Thanks for the tip

This is just a stupid dialogue! DJI just does not want to be held liable if you are doing illegal stuff in your legislation. A third checkbox could read „I will kill my mother before I lift off the drone“. nobody is checking, if you are really doing it ;-)
2017-10-16
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-16 12:52
But I thought that one needs some kind of authorisation in any written form...Have you experienced this issue before?

See also these for further info on the zones:

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly

2017-10-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-16 12:58
If you really don't have authorization to be able to fly in that particular area, then you shouldn't be flying there.  If you do have authorization, then I'm pretty sure if you just agree to both items and click confirm, then you will be good to go.

Also see this response to similar question:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=104403&pid=868088&fromuid=825250

I fully undestand that, but as I said, there shloud not be such a warning in that particulary area, but thanks anyway for your tip and recomendation Kloo Gee.
2017-10-16
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-16 13:04
I fully undestand that, but as I said, there shloud not be such a warning in that particulary area, but thanks anyway for your tip and recomendation Kloo Gee.

That is a different question than what you were previously asking.  For anybody to be able to help you with that, you would need to share the exact location you were trying to fly.
2017-10-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Bluedot Posted at 2017-10-16 12:59
This is just a stupid dialogue! DJI just does not want to be held liable if you are doing illegal stuff in your legislation. A third checkbox could read „I will kill my mother before I lift off the drone“. nobody is checking, if you are really doing it ;-)

Hahaha..ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind...just feeling weird now that i missed the chance to take some cool pictures and make some good footage this weekend...
2017-10-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-16 13:00
See also these for further info on the zones:

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly

Thank you for the info.
2017-10-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-16 13:46
That is a different question than what you were previously asking.  For anybody to be able to help you with that, you would need to share the exact location you were trying to fly.

This is the GO info for the zone where I was trying to fly with the message box on my screen.

Geospatial Info

Geospatial Info
2017-10-16
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

I don't want to start the new thread about nearly the same issue, so I will connect to this thread.

It should be possible to overdrive the restrictions imposed by DJI GO if the user uses a different app for controlling flight allowance. Especially since info about NFZ in DJI GO are NOT VERIFIABLE and sometimes  tends to be wrong. Personally, I use DroneRadar in order to check if I can fly or not at a given spot. It covers Poland only, but the information presented there are: 1) more accurate, 2) verifiable - DR presents the official source of the restriction, 3) take into account flight altitude and drone's mass (in some zones Polish law allows drone only up to a certain weight and forbids the others), 4) are updated constantly.

I observed that it is not rare that information about location of NFZs presented in DJI GO and DR are incompatible. And it can be checked that it is DR that is right and DJI GO is wrong. Nevertheless, for the time being, DJI GO enforces its 'view' of where NFZs are. That is why I wrote that it should be possible to overdrive it.

On the other hand, I honestly admit that I don't know how to do it safely, so that some idiots will not switch NFZs all completely and fly straight into airports CRT zone. Possibly... one way would be an open API for NFZs in DJI GO so that local providers can create their own more accurate plug-ins.

Just my 5 cents.
2017-10-17
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

_pk Posted at 2017-10-17 12:01
I don't want to start the new thread about nearly the same issue, so I will connect to this thread.

It should be possible to overdrive the restrictions imposed by DJI GO if the user uses a different app for controlling flight allowance. Especially since info about NFZ in DJI GO are NOT VERIFIABLE and sometimes  tends to be wrong. Personally, I use DroneRadar in order to check if I can fly or not at a given spot. It covers Poland only, but the information presented there are: 1) more accurate, 2) verifiable - DR presents the official source of the restriction, 3) take into account flight altitude and drone's mass (in some zones Polish law allows drone only up to a certain weight and forbids the others), 4) are updated constantly.

Thank you for your input,
2017-10-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I had some almost similar incident, twice, in Hamburg.
But may have been another nfz relevanz area
The nfz on dji go 4 were "a bit" extended to the nfz area, the DFS app showed me.
P.ex., it was the "Millerntor Stadium NFZ", which wanted to keep me grounded down at the river Elbe, close to the museums submarine
But I had another field to check, "NFZ area to extended" or such.
I cant find a screenshot about.
By checking "zone to extended, I could overwright the Apps NFZ area  with "informing" DJI (with clicking this option in the app)
And checking the stadiums nfz now, on dji go, it is down to a yellow authorisation zone and the size of the DFS apps nfz for it. Seems they reacting on such input

2017-10-17
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-10-17 17:12
I had some almost similar incident, twice, in Hamburg.
But may have been another nfz relevanz area
The nfz on dji go 4 were "a bit" extended to the nfz area, the DFS app showed me.

That sounds great that you can give DJI input on these kind of issues and they react to adjust the parameters on the NFZ areas...thanks for the info S-e-ven.
2017-10-17
Use props
fans5d97ce6d
lvl.1
Canada

Same problem in Canada. You would think that after tapping 'yes' the problem would be resolved. But no. I'll now search for the other box, and see if that helps.
2019-5-21
Use props
Bochel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11375 ft
Netherlands

I had something similar in Valencia. After tapping "Yes" the box stayed in the screen. Tapping "Cancel" solved my problem..
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules