well I did it. My month old P2v+ v3 is up on ebay
1488 26 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Will see if it sells and pick me up a P3.   Are we allowed to post a link to ebay?
2015-4-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Hey Jerdel,
What is the link to your ad? Since we don't have PM ability I have no other way of finding it.
2015-4-8
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Here is the link  http://www.ebay.com/itm/19155449 ... d=p3984.m1555.l2649
2015-4-8
Use props
go4two
lvl.2

United States

Who is to say DJI won't work with folks like you and I?  I ordered on March 6th and didn't receive until March 12th.   I have a email into DJI right now to see if they'll let me exchange.  I also bought through Paypal, and I know Paypal will get my money back as well.
2015-4-8
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Ill check into that, but seeing how Ive flown it I doubt they will do anything. Its worth a shot though.
2015-4-8
Use props
QuadFever59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 727713 ft
United States

I would just like to thank all of you early adapter test pilots out there. I just got my PV2+3.0 a month ago and will gladly wait for the P3+
2015-4-8
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Im willing to take the gamble lol
2015-4-8
Use props
QuadFever59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 727713 ft
United States

These are such great times we live in. It reminds me of when I purchased my first Apple Mac. Couldn't get enough of it.
2015-4-8
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Would like to know if they are going to have something for people that just purchased a P2 ?
I would of waited for the P3, already bought a 7' monitor and Transponder for mine putting my cost over the P3
2015-4-8
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

I hope so. Heck id be happy with 50 bucks off at least it would be something....
2015-4-8
Use props
bowman81
lvl.1
United States

They are not going to do anything to assist anyone that just purchased a previous model. Confirmed by DJI today.
2015-4-8
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Keep your Phantom2's and buy a Phantom3, that way when you crash, you will have something else to fly while the other is being repaired or junked.
2015-4-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't imagine them "doing things" for people who bought units - heck, lots of people (many many thousand) will buy P2's in the next couple of months! They did discount them from the original of $1369 - and they do (even now) offer a 5% off coupon....this may be good on the P3's too - check it out - who knows?

All of these things represent doing something for existing owners and customers. My goodness - I am glad that I gave up my career in retail back in 1998....that was before customers expected me to pay them for buying things!

Oh, the 5% off coupons....you'd have to visit various forums for those. But please don't yell at me and cuss if I am not allowed to give you free money.....

I may have some at:
http://www.droneflyers.com/talk/ ... on-dji-phantom.900/
2015-4-8
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Actually they did do something.  They discontinued the V2+ so the folks on the re-sale market don't have to compete with DJI selling the older model.  There is a sector of the market that will be OK with not having the latest and greatest, and will be looking for a bargain.  Like when Apple came out with the iPad air, they kept selling iPad 2, but at a much lower price.  Made my used iPad 2 worth even less.  So at least by getting out of this market they helped keep the re-sale up on these.  Well at least for now.  
2015-4-8
Use props
go4two
lvl.2

United States

I can with 100% certainty say that after seeing the specs on this new P3, I would have bought it instead of the Vision plus.  I am really disappointed in the range of the vision plus and this new P3 seems to have addressed that.  I can rarely go out any further than 1200 feet and that is with the FVP booster app.  I just ordered the ITELITE panel because of this.  

It might be bad luck for me, but like I said, I am really disappointed.  It's not like this new P3 will have a lot of bugs.  It is basically just a P2 with many awesome upgrades.  For basically the same price might I add!!!
2015-4-8
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Oh ouch to the ITELITE folks huh?  I forgot about them.  Running a pre-release for an accessory on a product that just got discontinued.  
2015-4-8
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Dang it, that buy now button really got to me. Its been staring at me for hours...Im weak...  Just ordered the advanced with an extra battery...gah wife is going to freak if she finds out....Anyone have an extra room for rent? :@
2015-4-8
Use props
go4two
lvl.2

United States

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-9 04:27
Oh ouch to the ITELITE folks huh?  I forgot about them.  Running a pre-release for an accessory on a ...

LOL.....Jerdel you are going to be in trouble!  
2015-4-8
Use props
subliminal
New

Australia

Are you guys serious? Come on.

Do you go out and buy a 2014 model car, drive it around for a month then discover that the 2015 model is released and expect to be able to take it back and have the company exchange your month old 2014 model for a brand new 2015 just because you "feel cheated" or you feel it is only 1 month old?

Have some common sense people!
2015-4-8
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

subliminal Posted at 2015-4-9 07:13
Are you guys serious? Come on.

Do you go out and buy a 2014 model car, drive it around for a month  ...

Maybe not, but it should be disclosed by DJI when you talking to customer service about which Phantom to buy two weeks ago that oh by the way  we have the Phantom 3 coming out if you want to wait. Poor customer service and business practices if you ask me
2015-4-8
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-9 07:32
Maybe not, but it should be disclosed by DJI when you talking to customer service about which Phan ...

waaahhhhhhh
2015-4-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-9 04:27
Oh ouch to the ITELITE folks huh?  I forgot about them.  Running a pre-release for an accessory on a ...

Hey,
Still a bargain at twice the price, i get to fly twice as far and it only cost me $89.00 and i did not have to upgrade to do it....
2015-4-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I want 4K video like I want....a dump truck. Both take a lot more time and energy to do the job I need to do......

I will fly my P2V+ until I lose it one way or another...which won't be long.

If a Quad was a device that lasted for many years I could semi-understand the complaining a little better (but not much!).
But the average life span of a quad is probably less than a year. One experienced Phantom user mentioned that among many people he knew the average total spent in the first year was 2 to 3X the initial price of the quad (lost, crashing, repairs, upgrades, batteries, etc.)

Have a little patience and you will likely be buying a new P3 before very long...and in the end you can't take that cash with you.

2015-4-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-9 10:52
I want 4K video like I want....a dump truck. Both take a lot more time and energy to do the job I ne ...

You don't have to record in 4k if you do not want to, you still have the 1080/720 choices with the 4k camera in your settings, so unless you like the new super sweet controller, distortion free lens, more powerful motors, and a few others i failed to mention then no need to upgrade, but hey, if you do, you are kinda future proofed for 4k if and when you have a TV and a computer that will properly process them....
2015-4-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm not upgrading my 2010 Passat either! I'm sure the new cars can list hundreds of subtle improvement, but it gets me there and I will use it until it wears out.

As we have seen, there is no such thing as "future proof". But I accept that people are different. We just bought a new TV and didn't even consider a 4K - because we use Netflix as well as Amazon and don't have the bandwidth anyway - AND, frankly we cannot tell the difference between 720, 1080 or 4K in the stuff we watch. If you have a 72" TV and want to closely identify the sweat pores on your favorite NFL player - that's another thing.

Look at the music example. CD's provided a better audio than 99% of human ears could differentiate.....with the coming of itunes, napster, etc. folks dumbed down that quality to 128K and it was MORE than enough to satisfy the masses.

Well, I have an iphone 5 too - and a 2009 Mac Pro. I keep looking at the new Macs and the total speed score is only double what mine is...that's not enough of a bump to excite me (in computing it really doesn't make much of a diff).

But, yeah, obviously most people don't think like I do....if it were so, no one would stand in line for new iphones!
2015-4-9
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

I bought my P2 H3-3d in November, then added Lightbridge and the Cinemizer goggles in Feb..  Spent over $2600, and just a few months later there is a unit out that has all of those things except the goggles for under $1000?  Yea, it's pretty disappointing.  I'm really surprised they didn't come in at the $1500-$1700 range with those upgrades on the P3.  Heck, Lightbridge alone is $1400....  Makes it difficult to even resell my configuration and make even half my money back when you can get a better rig for that price.  Don't get me wrong, I am super happy it's that cheap,,,, just disappointing that I didn't hold off on the Lightbridge and pick up a P3 instead.  The P3 is definitely a huge upgrade over a standard P2, even with my setup,,,, however I don't see a way to add goggles or an HDMI output?  That would be my only drawback to the upgrade, even though I only use the goggles when it's really sunny and I can't see my phone very clear.
2015-4-9
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Jerdel Posted at 2015-4-8 19:28
Here is the link  http://www.ebay.com/itm/191554497167?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555 ...

You did well on your sale.
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules