5543 27 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a x4s and bought the x5s with sock DJI lense for 20MP stills a few months ago. I only tried it and it seamed fine using auto since i'm new to photgraphy. With all the issues with fimware and a RMA with a battery it hasnt gotten used. My battery came back today so I charged it and put on my x5s. When touch the screen for AF it places a green box where I tap like my Mavic but the box goes red, i think this happen before but its kind of stuck at infinity so it takss decent photos far awary. Then I tried manual and don't see focus change. The camera is in AF and I tried MF with no change. Am I doing somthing wrong or will I be sending this back under warrenty?

I shutdown the I2 removed the camera and reinstalled the DJI lense itself restarted everything.
I installed the x4s and focus works fine
I shutdown and restarted X5S again and still no focus.

Is there a setting?
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, John, red frame mean the focus failure.
Is the object clear? Does this issue happen in every places and objects?
I suggest to calibrate lens firstly in Camera Settings. If the problem persists, please take a short video for further analysis including firmware version, thanks.
2017-10-16
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'll do a calibration outside this afternoon since it has to be focused on something at 30 meters and do a video and post it. I'm thinking focus motor just doesn't work and never did at this point, appears to be stuck on infinity. I only have one x5s so I can't tell if it's the lens or the camera itself. All my firmware should be up to date. I have a demo with this equipment on Saturday at the AMA both to show my DJI Products at the 5K race which you help me get the airspace authorization unlocked.  I tried the calibration inside last night and it just hung. Hmmm
2017-10-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Also, you should be able to use the focus scroll wheel on the GO 4 screen to see if it will change focus in manual focus mode.  If not, it's bad.

Might also try and clean the contacts.  One of my lenses refused to link up to the X5S even though it is an approved one.  When I put the other lenses on, they worked.  After I cleaned the contacts, it began working.
2017-10-17
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tried the calibration outside with no change I also checked my firmware and it's 100% up-to-date.  The pins are clean but know it's  the lens itself.  I call B&H Photo in New York and they said that foucus ring should not completely go around and appears to be not assembled correctly at the factory. I just hate to wait 3 months for a fatory fault. Any chance of getting me the instructions to disassemble it and the check what might be disconnected so I don't have to go through all the trouble of sending it back and waiting for 3 months like I did for a brand new battery? I might just buy an Olympus 14-42 so I can keep using this camera working instead of going back to my X4S.
Mindy I'll send you the video link via PM
2017-10-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I doubt if you'll get anywhere dismantling it yourself, especially if it needs a part.

You could buy a used MFT lens from keh.com to hold you over while yours gets fixed.  I bought my Oly 45mm f/1.8 from them for $100 less than new, and it looks like new too.  Seems I got a whole bunch of MFT lenses now so I can check and compare should the X5S act up.  Doesn't hurt to have a backup given this quirky stuff.
2017-10-17
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-17 12:12
I doubt if you'll get anywhere dismantling it yourself, especially if it needs a part.

You could buy a used MFT lens from keh.com to hold you over while yours gets fixed.  I bought my Oly 45mm f/1.8 from them for $100 less than new, and it looks like new too.  Seems I got a whole bunch of MFT lenses now so I can check and compare should the X5S act up.  Doesn't hurt to have a backup given this quirky stuff.
Agree, but I can fix almost anything but new i was hoping something is just unplugged or disconnected inside, but don’t want to void warranty. I'm looking at the Olympus M.ZUIKO AF Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens.

* I bought it. But am still testing the lens.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-17 11:56
I tried the calibration outside with no change I also checked my firmware and it's 100% up-to-date.  The pins are clean but know it's  the lens itself.  I call B&H Photo in New York and they said that foucus ring should not completely go around and appears to be not assembled correctly at the factory. I just hate to wait 3 months for a fatory fault. Any chance of getting me the instructions to disassemble it and the check what might be disconnected so I don't have to go through all the trouble of sending it back and waiting for 3 months like I did for a brand new battery? I might just buy an Olympus 14-42 so I can keep using this camera working instead of going back to my X4S.
Mindy I'll send you the video link via PM

John, thanks for your update, I'm confirming with our engineers if there is malfunction, please allow me some time, thanks.
2017-10-18
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-18 01:05
John, thanks for your update, I'm confirming with our engineers if there is malfunction, please allow me some time, thanks.

I tested the X5S with an identical lens from a friends X5 and it still doesn't focus L. My lens will focus on his X5, so it must be the camera body itself. My x4s works on my I2. Can we ask if they share the same internals for focusing inside the Inspire 2? If anyone had a x5s locally I would try it on my inspire 2, but don’t know anyone near Southern New Hampshire with one, but I’m asking around. The last thing I want to do is send in my Inspire 2 and X5S
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-18 14:47
I tested the X5S with an identical lens from a friends X5 and it still doesn't focus L. My lens will focus on his X5, so it must be the camera body itself. My x4s works on my I2. Can we ask if they share the same internals for focusing inside the Inspire 2? If anyone had a x5s locally I would try it on my inspire 2, but don’t know anyone near Southern New Hampshire with one, but I’m asking around. The last thing I want to do is send in my Inspire 2 and X5S

John, before sending in, please calibrate the lens again, the calibration process was not right in your video. Please refer to the tutorial video to do it again, thanks.
2017-10-19
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Mindy, yes I know it was a video to show what it doesn't do. I tried it exactly like this but still, it never tries to focus as this demo shows it does. This celebration only sets the infinity correctly. My issue is it does even try to focus at all, even in manual. I can't make it change, like the motor in the lens doesn't get power from the X5S. I hope it just the new X5S as I can use my X4s while it gets repaired or exchanged. If I send it in, can you help me get it back in a week or two?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-19 11:59
Mindy, yes I know it was a video to show what it doesn't do. I tried it exactly like this but still, it never tries to focus as this demo shows it does. This celebration only sets the infinity correctly. My issue is it does even try to focus at all, even in manual. I can't make it change, like the motor in the lens doesn't get power from the X5S. I hope it just the new X5S as I can use my X4s while it gets repaired or exchanged. If I send it in, can you help me get it back in a week or two?

Johnnie, here is the link for contacting our support: http://www.dji.com/support. Please provide me the case number if you send in. I can help you follow the case. Thanks.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-19 11:59

John, I'm so sorry for the late response because of holiday.
I've seen you have already sent in the camera but I didn't track the progress with the shipping label we provided.
Did you send by your own or the shipping label we provided?
2017-10-28
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 01:15
John, I'm so sorry for the late response because of holiday.
I've seen you have already sent in the camera but I didn't track the progress with the shipping label we provided.
Did you send by your own or the shipping label we provided?

I received the case#  a few weeks ago but didn't get the label as promised in few days. I called this morning and they said give them another email, like gmail, and you will see the label in 24 to 48 hours.. My email is fine and I received a reply each time I asked it about via this email. I have received a retun label using this email once before when I had a bad battery.

To end the waiting and frustration, I shipped it in on my own today UPS. $34.26 I called DJI again & waited on hold a second time.. caller 5, 20 min. I gave them the tracking number the first rep requested I did after I told him I was just going to go ship it becase I need this $1899.00 investment fixed ASAP. Thank you!

I sent you my case number via PM so you can expedite a replacement for me! Thank for working this!
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-11-6 14:44
I received the case#  a few weeks ago but didn't get the label as promised in few days. I called this morning and they said give them another email, like gmail, and you will see the label in 24 to 48 hours.. My email is fine and I received a reply each time I asked it about via this email. I have received a retun label using this email once before when I had a bad battery.

To end the waiting and frustration, I shipped it in on my own today UPS. $34.26 I called DJI again & waited on hold a second time.. caller 5, 20 min. I gave them the tracking number the first rep requested I did after I told him I was just going to go ship it becase I need this $1899.00 investment fixed ASAP. Thank you!

Hi, John, I just saw this post, sorry for the late response because I was not on duty yesterday.
You should contact me earlier if you didn't receive the shipping label, I will definitely help to look into what was going on.
The package has not arrived in the facility, let us wait patiently.
If you need any assistance during the repair process, please don't hesitate to let me know.
2017-11-8
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mindy,
Email from DJI on the 13th says it will ship out in 5-7 days.  I looked and still no change in status, or a email refund for shipping. This $2000 camera I worked my tail off to purchased and waited a month for, bought a new telephoto lens to try to use as is for demoing DJI product at Aviation day, drove 3 hours to test and can use! Can someone make it right and do something for me a valued customer. It would be great to get something above my expectations, but I just don’t feel DJI is capable of doing such thing.  

Again, my case number is CAS-1120155-Z2T4V2 I sent via PM to both You and Elecktra last week becase you offerd to expedite, but you may be both away.
2017-11-21
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Help
annika_strom_5295_1024x768.jpg
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-11-21 19:36
Mindy,Email from DJI on the 13th says it will ship out in 5-7 days.  I looked and still no change in status, or a email refund for shipping. This $2000 camera I worked my tail off to purchased and waited a month for, bought a new telephoto lens to try to use as is for demoing DJI product at Aviation day, drove 3 hours to test and can use! Can someone make it right and do something for me a valued customer. It would be great to get something above my expectations, but I just don’t feel DJI is capable of doing such thing.  

Again, my case number is CAS-1120155-Z2T4V2 I sent via PM to both You and Elecktra last week becase you offerd to expedite, but you may be both away.

John, I'm so so sorry for the late response, I was not on duty yesterday and PM was missed.
I've checked the case, it has been received almost ten days ago and the status has not been updated.
I will escalate the case to local team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you in working days. Appreciate your patience.
If you need further assistance, please just keep me posted in the thread, I will reply as long as I'm on duty.
2017-11-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No change, I swear if it says inspire 2 on the return, the techs kick it aside. Can you light a fire under these people to get them to move! No refund for shipping it back on my dime either.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-11-27 22:14
No change, I swear if it says inspire 2 on the return, the techs kick it aside. Can you light a fire under these people to get them to move! No refund for shipping it back on my dime either.

John, I do escalate the case to local team, our supervisor is working on your case, I will leave him a message to take care of it and get you an update as soon as possible, sorry to have kept you waiting, I sincerely hope the case will get sorted out soon.
2017-11-27
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 23:14
John, I do escalate the case to local team, our supervisor is working on your case, I will leave him a message to take care of it and get you an update as soon as possible, sorry to have kept you waiting, I sincerely hope the case will get sorted out soon.

The supervisor called me Tuesday, two days ago, His apologised and said he was sending out the replacement that day via expedited shiping as a token of apology. So I should have had today, Thursday the 30th.  He said on a follow up email after our call, a member of the logistics team would send me a follow up by end of day with a tracking number.

Guess what happened?  No follow up form logistics Tuesday afternoon, X5S didn't come today. I recived a email today that it shipped ground today so I just might have by the 7th of Dec. I am so disappointed that he didn't follow up on his promise. He also said he couldn't reimburse me for my $32 shipping sending it back for DOA warrenty because the records show UPS was notified 2 times to send me out a label, but they didn't send one! (no it wasnt in spam) I would bet the email given or recorded by them was somhow transposed incorrectly. Obviously my account email is correct, but somehow I had to pay out of pocket after waiting weeks for a lable. not quite fair and unacceptable for me as your highly valued customer. I asked can e send a hat or some DJI little marketing gift and he said sorry we dont have access to that. You know any nice gesture goes a long way.

Thank you again for your help Mindy, but when you see that supervisor again tell him he needs to follow up on his promises and I am disappointed.

2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-11-30 21:02
The supervisor called me Tuesday, two days ago, His apologised and said he was sending out the replacement that day via expedited shiping as a token of apology. So I should have had today, Thursday the 30th.  He said on a follow up email after our call, a member of the logistics team would send me a follow up by end of day with a tracking number.

Guess what happened?  No follow up form logistics Tuesday afternoon, X5S didn't come today. I recived a email today that it shipped ground today so I just might have by the 7th of Dec. I am so disappointed that he didn't follow up on his promise. He also said he couldn't reimburse me for my $32 shipping sending it back for DOA warrenty because the records show UPS was notified 2 times to send me out a label, but they didn't send one! (no it wasnt in spam) I would bet the email given or recorded by them was somhow transposed incorrectly. Obviously my account email is correct, but somehow I had to pay out of pocket after waiting weeks for a lable. not quite fair and unacceptable for me as your highly valued customer. I asked can e send a hat or some DJI little marketing gift and he said sorry we dont have access to that. You know any nice gesture goes a long way.

Hi, John, I'm terribly sorry for this situation that he didn't keep the promise, I will definitely transfer your frustration to him, all I wish is you will get it back soon and come back to work again.
There is no tracking info since 1st, Dec, did you receive it now?
2017-12-4
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-4 02:04
Hi, John, I'm terribly sorry for this situation that he didn't keep the promise, I will definitely transfer your frustration to him, all I wish is you will get it back soon and come back to work again.
There is no tracking info since 1st, Dec, did you receive it now?

No worries, you're great. It came back, rubber thin cover was missing and I know it's the same camera but no paperwork, so I dont know what was found wrong. I wish I knew in case it happens again out of warranty.

The focus works now but I haven't flown it or calibrated it yet. I have been playing with my Mavic and a new Inspire 1 so I can set it up with the FLIR Radiometric IR camera, Zenmuse XT
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-12-21 22:26
No worries, you're great. It came back, rubber thin cover was missing and I know it's the same camera but no paperwork, so I dont know what was found wrong. I wish I knew in case it happens again out of warranty.

The focus works now but I haven't flown it or calibrated it yet. I have been playing with my Mavic and a new Inspire 1 so I can set it up with the FLIR Radiometric IR camera, Zenmuse XT

Hi John, sorry for the late response since I was off duty.
Per the case, I saw the outcome of damage assessment was ''Failed to imaging '', then the X5S was replaced.
May I know which part was missing? Do you have the picture of it? I will help to verify. Thank you.
2017-12-24
Use props
Gabriel Adrian
New
Flight distance : 758 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Jon...I have the same problems with focusing with x5s DJI 15 and Olympus 45...I leave in luton..if I come to you can I just check one of your lens on my camera to see what is going on? If you can will be a really good help for me... thanks
2018-12-14
Use props
Gabriel Adrian
New
United Kingdom

Hello Jon...I have the same problems with focusing with x5s DJI 15 and Olympus 45...I leave in luton..if I come to you can I just check one of your lens on my camera to see what is going on? If you can will be a really good help for me... thanks
2018-12-14
Use props
Gabriel Adrian
New
United Kingdom

2018-12-14
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get the DJI focus wheel, best investment for a zoom.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules