Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Calibration Stuck on 50%
21982 168 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-5-16 12:54
Hi, I have this very same issue in a week old Phantom 4 Advanced +, won't finish gimbal calibration and gets stuck at 50%, all the other parameters and calibrations seem to work just fine. Can you add me to the beta testers list please Susan? My account mail is

alvarolunab@gmail.com

Hi Alvaro, I had replied your post, please check.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SledgeHammer Posted at 2018-5-16 13:18
Niiiice.. An official P4P fix and only beta BS for P4A. DJI Go better not force me to update to this faulty new firmware.

The firmware for Phantom 4 Adv has not officially announced. If there is a need, users can provide us with their DJI accounts to have the beta firmware.
Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully, the firmware for Phantom 4 Adv will be officially published soon. Thank you for understanding.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

amell Posted at 2018-5-16 14:42
Much better now I have upgraded!. Liking the new pano modes, spherical, 180 and horiz/vertical. Fixed the gimbal calibration issue and the other loss of signal issue I was having on the other thread. Plan to fly it a few times later this week

Thank you for your update. Should you have any further questions after the flight tests, please feel free to contact us at any time, we will do our best to help.
2018-5-16
Use props
adamski7900
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i got the same with my dji  p4 advenced plus , any one can help ?  account --   adamski79@interia.pl
2018-5-17
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-16 20:12
Hi Alvaro, I had replied your post, please check.

Hi DJI Thor

The beta released works and now gimbal calibration is able to finish. Thank you very much. I would like to ask you about the camera not pointing straigh, with a slight deviation to the left. The gimbal calibration did not solve this issue.

By looking at other sources of information, it seems to be a common issue, but I really dont want to send the drone to the repair shop, I just want to fly it since it is not a big deal to me. Anyway, I would like to ask you for a feature request which is that the same way the camera roll axis can be manually adjusted, if in future DJI GO releases the camera yaw axis can be manually adjusted as well, maybe is not that complicated. I will file this also as a feature request in the DJI GO app. Anyway I am interested in your opinion about this issue. Thanks in advance.
2018-5-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-5-17 04:17
Hi DJI Thor

The beta released works and now gimbal calibration is able to finish. Thank you very much. I would like to ask you about the camera not pointing straigh, with a slight deviation to the left. The gimbal calibration did not solve this issue.

If you look in the gimbal settings menu in DJI Go 4, and look at 'Adjust Gimbal' you should see options to adjust the Roll & Yaw of the gimbal manually. These values are then saved by aircraft.

Edit:- see this post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1129656
2018-5-17
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

ah thank you so much
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

adamski7900 Posted at 2018-5-17 03:43
i got the same with my dji  p4 advenced plus , any one can help ?  account --

Beta sent, please check.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thanks to Aardvark reply, for Phantom 4 Adv, gimbal yaw is adjustable. Please check if it helps to correct your situation.
2018-5-17
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-17 22:34
Thanks to Aardvark reply, for Phantom 4 Adv, gimbal yaw is adjustable. Please check if it helps to correct your situation.

Yes it helped, now it is pointing right ahead. Thanks
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-5-16 12:54
Hi, I have this very same issue in a week old Phantom 4 Advanced +, won't finish gimbal calibration and gets stuck at 50%, all the other parameters and calibrations seem to work just fine. Can you add me to the beta testers list please Susan? My account mail is

alvarolunab@gmail.com

Sorry for the late response. I've received your message and will add you in later.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Much better now I have upgraded!. Liking the new pano modes, spherical, 180 and horiz/vertical. Fixed the gimbal calibration issue and the other loss of signal issue I was having on the other thread. Plan to fly it a few times later this week

Thanks for keeping us updated. Feel free to contact us if there is any question.
2018-5-21
Use props
dfman_montana
New
Flight distance : 55125 ft
United States

Another victim of the gimbal calibration problem and all my videos currently have a slight shake to them. Sent PMs to request the beta version.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dfman_montana Posted at 2018-6-1 09:55
Another victim of the gimbal calibration problem and all my videos currently have a slight shake to them. Sent PMs to request the beta version.

Sorry for the late response. I'll forward to the right team to add you in.
BTW, it is suggested to click the reply button message if you need one's attention so that he/she can receive the notification and handle it timely.
2018-6-11
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.2

Susan, will you please send the fix.
mtaylor742@gmail.com
2018-6-19
Use props
mackthekn1fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154324 ft
Estonia

Hello Susan!
Would you please send me the fix as well.
artyom.dougan@gmail.com
2018-6-20
Use props
mackthekn1fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154324 ft
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-11 03:07
Sorry for the late response. I'll forward to the right team to add you in.
BTW, it is suggested to click the reply button message if you need one's attention so that he/she can receive the notification and handle it timely.

Hello Susan.Would you please send me the fix as well. Thank you!
artyom.dougan@gmail.com
2018-6-20
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same problem.. P4P
fixed by rolling back firmware... calibrating.. then updating firmware.  It now completes the calibration but the camera does not move during the process.  I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to work.  With previous firmware the camera would move during calibration.
2018-6-22
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So is DJI ignoring us now?

This is an iOS bug.  It happens when I switch modes using my iPad and it also makes the HDMI output module break.
If I use an android phone/tablet to switch video modes it fixes the problem until I try to use Apple again.  How does one get in touch with support?  Email has been 48hrs with no response.  This thread is obviously not being read.

HELLO? DJI?
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 2018-6-19 12:32
Susan, will you please send the fix.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team and add you in.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mackthekn1fe Posted at 2018-6-20 07:34
Hello Susan.Would you please send me the fix as well. Thank you!

The beta is estimated to be ready around 1-2 working days, please check and try later.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneBees Posted at 2018-6-27 06:45
So is DJI ignoring us now?

This is an iOS bug.  It happens when I switch modes using my iPad and it also makes the HDMI output module break.

Sorry for the late response as I just read this post. I've forward this to the designated team and add you to the list.
Also, it is recommended to check the reply button under one's message, so that we can get the notification and handle it timely, thanks!
2018-6-27
Use props
Ruilof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75666 ft
Netherlands

Same problem here. Calibration gimbal stops at 50%. After refreshing all the firmware and factory settings of both the drone and the RC I calibrated the IMU first. After that the calibration of the gimbal was successful!
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ruilof Posted at 2018-7-4 05:00
Same problem here. Calibration gimbal stops at 50%. After refreshing all the firmware and factory settings of both the drone and the RC I calibrated the IMU first. After that the calibration of the gimbal was successful!

Just to verify, it is a P4P, right? If yes, the gimbal calibration issue has been fixed in the official firmware, no worries. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-6
Use props
MOTOTOGO
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-6 00:03
Just to verify, it is a P4P, right? If yes, the gimbal calibration issue has been fixed in the official firmware, no worries. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

I have a new P4A and neither the gimbal nor the IMU successfully calibrates even though I have apparently the current firmware on both RC and unit.  Camera won't point straight ahead / horizontal, won't keep level horizon when panning or moving (not in FPV mode).  About to return it to B&H as I'm thinking this one is a lemon.  Pls upload beta if this is still in effect to jennifercox@mac.com . Thanks
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MOTOTOGO Posted at 2018-7-6 18:01
I have a new P4A and neither the gimbal nor the IMU successfully calibrates even though I have apparently the current firmware on both RC and unit.  Camera won't point straight ahead / horizontal, won't keep level horizon when panning or moving (not in FPV mode).  About to return it to B&H as I'm thinking this one is a lemon.  Pls upload beta if this is still in effect to  . Thanks

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team and add you in. It the issue persists after refreshing the firmware, please kindly upload some sample videos for further assistance, thanks!
2018-7-7
Use props
MOTOTOGO
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-7 00:58
Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team and add you in. It the issue persists after refreshing the firmware, please kindly upload some sample videos for further assistance, thanks!

Hi Susan - no luck and not able to fly without successful IMU calibration. The camera seems to want to be pointed about 30 degrees and slightly tilted.  When I did fly it before, it lost horizon with the slightest pan movement....
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MOTOTOGO Posted at 2018-7-7 11:26
Hi Susan - no luck and not able to fly without successful IMU calibration. The camera seems to want to be pointed about 30 degrees and slightly tilted.  When I did fly it before, it lost horizon with the slightest pan movement....

After you got the beta, please make sure the firmware update is successful, then do IMU calibration and gimbal calibration to see whether it works.
2018-7-9
Use props
MOTOTOGO
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 01:09
After you got the beta, please make sure the firmware update is successful, then do IMU calibration and gimbal calibration to see whether it works.

I didn't get the beta  - or maybe I just don't see where it's loaded for me to update...
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MOTOTOGO Posted at 2018-7-10 15:29
I didn't get the beta  - or maybe I just don't see where it's loaded for me to update...

Sorry for the late response. I'll double check with the right team, you may try to refresh within one working day.
2018-7-13
Use props
MOTOTOGO
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-13 03:39
Sorry for the late response. I'll double check with the right team, you may try to refresh within one working day.

Hi Susan,
I just PM'D you hoping to catch you on a Friday.  Still no luck.  Updated with the Beta, recalibrated IMU and Gimbal (which did complete) but same problem.  Please advise asap.  Thank you.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MOTOTOGO Posted at 2018-7-13 15:20
Hi Susan,
I just PM'D you hoping to catch you on a Friday.  Still no luck.  Updated with the Beta, recalibrated IMU and Gimbal (which did complete) but same problem.  Please advise asap.  Thank you.

Could you upload a short video of the gimbal issue? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether it can be figured out remotely.
2018-7-16
Use props
Kraven90
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-16 02:43
Could you upload a short video of the gimbal issue? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether it can be figured out remotely.

hi susan,

My AC Phantom 4 Advanced

1. When starting the aircraft, the camera makes a moves as the ghimbal is warming up. The camera gets its horizontal-front possition  but after a few seconds  a noise comes out from ghimbal and it lose its position making a tilt down.The camera aim (tilt) down  a little bite (approximate 70degrees ) when it is suppossed to stay firm at 90degree (horizontaly)
2. When I fly the aircraft and I comand rotating to the left or right the camera has a tilt up and then slowly moves to the horizontal position.
3. I have tried again to auto calibrate the ghimbal but it gets stuck at 50% calibration process.
4. Brand new out of the Box, havent been fly before
5. AC Version 0128
I really need help, please!

2018-7-20
Use props
Kraven90
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-17 22:31
Beta sent, please check.

hi DJI Thor

My AC Phantom 4 Advanced

1. When starting the aircraft, the camera makes a moves as the ghimbal is warming up. The camera gets its horizontal-front possition  but after a few seconds  a noise comes out from ghimbal and it lose its position making a tilt down.The camera aim (tilt) down  a little bite (approximate 70degrees ) when it is suppossed to stay firm at 90degree (horizontaly)
2. When I fly the aircraft and I comand rotating to the left or right the camera has a tilt up and then slowly moves to the horizontal position.
3. I have tried again to auto calibrate the ghimbal but it gets stuck at 50% calibration process.
4. Brand new out of the Box, havent been fly before
5. AC Version 0128
I really need help, please!
2018-7-20
Use props
Jake12
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376617 ft
Sweden

Kraven90 Posted at 2018-7-20 21:00
hi DJI Thor

My AC Phantom 4 Advanced

You need the 0800 beta version!
2018-7-20
Use props
Kraven90
lvl.1
Indonesia

Jake12 Posted at 2018-7-20 21:49
You need the 0800 beta version!

do you have the download link? is it really fixed the problem?
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kraven90 Posted at 2018-7-20 21:00
hi DJI Thor

My AC Phantom 4 Advanced

Hi Kraven, I suggest that you try the beta firmware. Please leave me your DJI account, I will help to forward the beta. Thanks.
2018-7-21
Use props
Kraven90
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-21 03:53
Hi Kraven, I suggest that you try the beta firmware. Please leave me your DJI account, I will help to forward the beta. Thanks.

Hi DJI thor,

My dji account : yohansenj@gmail.com
2018-7-21
Use props
Kraven90
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-21 03:53

the Beta version will be available in DJI Assistant 2?
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kraven90 Posted at 2018-7-21 04:38
the Beta version will be available in DJI Assistant 2?

Sorry for the delay. I had forwarded the beta to your account, please check. You can update it via the DJI Assistant 2. Please let me know if you haven't received it, thanks.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules