Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 recent purchase
2087 47 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If there is any change to the design of the hub, would DJI make an announcement to all its users. This has been a major issue for all I2 product users. If DJI has not, I can only trust what is reported from many users before. There is no improvement/remedy to the rattling issues with the pops of I2.
2017-11-28
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-11-28 13:42
If there is any change to the design of the hub, would DJI make an announcement to all its users. This has been a major issue for all I2 product users. If DJI has not, I can only trust what is reported from many users before. There is no improvement/remedy to the rattling issues with the pops of I2.

I will tell you that I have no rattles and the props are very tight. DJI has always addressed any issues with product. You may want to contact them, give them your thoughts. I am sure they will resolve your issue.
2017-11-29
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

I received new I2 two days ago and there is 5 mm free play at the rotor tips due to play in the quick release mounting point.
The poor fit leads to vibration, lack of precision in hover, risk of damage.  DJI have not resolved the design issue.
I tried DJI support but just got fobbed off.  Now have escalated this as a safety critical issue.  Sorry if I upset anyone.
2017-12-6
Use props
Advexure
lvl.3
United States

We see dozens of Inspire 2s come through here at Advexure each week and it's been quite some time since we've see the propeller issue. Every so often we'll see it with owners that bring in older units that never got propeller replacements but for the most part it's been fully resolved and no longer exists.
2017-12-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Advexure Posted at 2017-12-6 23:03
We see dozens of Inspire 2s come through here at Advexure each week and it's been quite some time since we've see the propeller issue. Every so often we'll see it with owners that bring in older units that never got propeller replacements but for the most part it's been fully resolved and no longer exists.

That has been my experience as well. Mine is about a month old and there =is no issue and I did not make any adjustments.
2017-12-7
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Advexure Posted at 2017-12-6 23:03

Maybe the tight fitting props are being selected for the US market, and the loose fitting props are being selected for the UK market?   Mine was shipped new by a UK supplier, and arrived on Monday this week.  It has 5 mm blade tip play in every propeller, not just the red ones.

There is also the possibility that the UK supplier has "old stock" that are from the first manufacturing run, but if this was the case, why didn't DJI just send me a new set of rotor mounts and props from the latest production run?  Instead, DJI told me that the loose fitting props on my I2 were not a safety or reliability issue.  This, in my opinion, is incorrect and irresponsible.

2017-12-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I had to do the CA glue trick on my old P4 props recently.  Seems the original props, now a year and a half old, were getting looser than when new as the plastic wears.  They are tight again.  I've done this with the I2 props too and even my white ones were loose when new.  I don't really consider it a big issue as I've had to doctor a lot of other RC aircraft over the years.

Now my Sonicare toothbrush plastic switch has degraded to the point it no longer turns on.  I put epoxy on it to make it hard again to press to activate the internal switch, but it finally has turned into a plastic goo inside the $150 thing so it went into the trash.  Plastic, and a lot of vinyls and rubbers, just don't wear with with time.  Even PVC plastic sprinkler pipe shrinks in time and may come apart.  There are rate tables for sundry plastics and their shrinkage like this one:  Percentage shrinkage of plastics.  Neighbor had to replace some cracked plastic or fiberglass roof tiles.

2017-12-7
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-7 10:16
I had to do the CA glue trick on my old P4 props recently.  Seems the original props, now a year and a half old, were getting looser than when new as the plastic wears.  They are tight again.  I've done this with the I2 props too and even my white ones were loose when new.  I don't really consider it a big issue as I've had to doctor a lot of other RC aircraft over the years.

Now my Sonicare toothbrush plastic switch has degraded to the point it no longer turns on.  I put epoxy on it to make it hard again to press to activate the internal switch, but it finally has turned into a plastic goo inside the $150 thing so it went into the trash.  Plastic, and a lot of vinyls and rubbers, just don't wear with with time.  Even PVC plastic sprinkler pipe shrinks in time and may come apart.  There are rate tables for sundry plastics and their shrinkage like this one:  Percentage shrinkage of plastics.  Neighbor had to replace some cracked plastic or fiberglass roof tiles.

That is the problem with plastic vs metal. Plastic wears and metal although it will wear it will flex a bit and spring back to form.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules