Cannot stream facebook live with cellular connection
3115 14 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jase
lvl.1
Flight distance : 433005 ft
Australia

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any ideas why i cannot stream facebook live with a cellular connection.

It does the countdown, but then just stays on "connecting" and nothing happens.

I am using a IPhone 8 plus and have a good 4g cellular connection and a enabled cellular data for both apps.
The only time i have been able to get it to work is at home when i am on WiFi?

I have deleted and reinstalled both apps with no luck.

If i just try facebook live without using the dji app, it works fine with the cellular connection i have.  

any ideas?  

Thanks
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you could use the live stream when connecting WiFi, then it would not tend to be the app's issue. Please try to restart the phone, and make sure that the internet is enabled for DJI GO 4. If it doesn't work, please provide me with the screenshot of the interface when it stops connecting. Thank you.
2017-10-17
Use props
Jase
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-17 22:19
If you could use the live stream when connecting WiFi, then it would not tend to be the app's issue. Please try to restart the phone, and make sure that the internet is enabled for DJI GO 4. If it doesn't work, please provide me with the screenshot of the interface when it stops connecting. Thank you.

Hi, thanks for your response.  

I tried restarting the phone and made sure the internet connection was enabled with no luck.  I still just stays on the "connecting" screen

This is a screen shot of the screen

Thankyou

IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0028.PNG
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.PNG
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jase Posted at 2017-10-19 16:20

I tried restarting the phone and made sure the internet connection was enabled with no luck.  I still just stays on the "connecting" screen

Thanks for your feedback, I had forwarded this situation to our engineers to look into, will reply you once I hear from them.
2017-10-20
Use props
Sr RK
New
Spain

Same kind of issue here.
Dji OSMO +, DJi GO app, iPhone 6 with iOS 11.xx
Everything fine until it starts the countdown to connect to Facebook Live but it keeps on "connecting" status
and never resolve it.

Any clue will be appreciated.

2017-10-20
Use props
fans11d4b5e7
New

United States

Question— I have an iPad mini 4 with just WiFi, can I use my iPhone to the Mini with WiFi access for my Mavic controller?  Is it reliable?  When your flying, do you need WiFi access all the time?
2017-10-20
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

i have the same issue. Iphone 6 and Android Google Pixel XL
2017-10-20
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

I read something about in on another forum: "Facebook changed their rules on using the API".

Livestreaming via Facebook-app does work, livestreaming via third party software doesn't work. A work arround is using the custom RTMP-server... In DJI Go there is no option to do so for as far as I know!
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jase Posted at 2017-10-19 16:20

Jase, would you please help us confirm the firmware version for your drone and DJI GO 4 app version? Which may help us locate the issue. Thank you very much!
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sr RK Posted at 2017-10-20 13:19
Same kind of issue here.
Dji OSMO +, DJi GO app, iPhone 6 with iOS 11.xx
Everything fine until it starts the countdown to connect to Facebook Live but it keeps on "connecting" status

Would you please help me confirm the firmware of OSMO + and the dji go app version number?
Besides, please upload a screenshot for the "Connecting" page, or film a small video showing the situation.
We'll do a test on our end as well and trying to figure it out.
2017-10-22
Use props
Jase
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-10-22 01:12
Jase, would you please help us confirm the firmware version for your drone and DJI GO 4 app version? Which may help us locate the issue. Thank you very much!

Hi, thanks for looking into this for me.   I have attached some screen shots with the current versions for my drone and the dji go 4 app.

thanks

IMG_0130.PNG
IMG_0131.jpg
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jase Posted at 2017-10-22 02:58
Hi, thanks for looking into this for me.   I have attached some screen shots with the current versions for my drone and the dji go 4 app.

thanks

Thank you very much, we'll test it on our end and come back to you for the news, appreciate your patience!
2017-10-22
Use props
Jase
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-10-22 18:39
Thank you very much, we'll test it on our end and come back to you for the news, appreciate your patience!

Hi, just wondering if you have had any luck with finding a solution or been able to replicate this facebook live streaming problem I am having?

thanks

2017-10-29
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

We have received your feedback,we will fix this issue  in next releases.
2017-11-6
Use props
ramphulakhil123yahoo.com
New

Mauritius

HI ,

I am having same exact issue with DJI go App , it says connecting but never really connects . Can anyone please assist me or forward me with a link that can help .

Thanks
2020-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules