13836 28 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AMP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1231204 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello All.  I want to create "missions" from my computer to fly to and from a planned route.  I know how to fly and record waypoint stops along the way but I want to do the planning before I fly.  What program or app do I need to use?  Do you have any links and/or videos I can watch?  I have the P4P+ and love it.  Cheers!

2017-10-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you looked at DJI Ground Station
2017-10-17
Use props
Howie12
lvl.2
United States

Litchi works well for what you want but you can't put 3rd party apps on the P4P+.
2017-10-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I have a P3 Adv and Litchi works on that - and does exactly what you're asking.
2017-10-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With the P4pro+ you are out of luck.
You would need to get a regular P4 pro controller to be able to load and run the software.
Litchi is one of the best options for what you want to do.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry that P4P+ does not support to install the third party APP. Flying the mission and saved it in Waypoints, you can use it next time directly.
2017-10-17
Use props
AMP
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Okay thank you.  Using Waypoints can I contro/changel the altitude?  For example: Fly to a way point, then fly up directly above the way point, and then save the new way point so when it's on it's mission the drone will go up/down???  Thank you!
2017-10-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 20:08
I'm sorry that P4P+ does not support to install the third party APP. Flying the mission and saved it in Waypoints, you can use it next time directly.

"P4P+ does not support to install the third party APP."
That would not be the big issues if DJI was a little more up on their toes and did make a better SW/FW/App that would stand up to the stunning (before upgrade) Aircrafts.

I believe OP has some questions to you in the above post.

Also it would be nice if you could add a link to some better lecture as the manual also what this regards, very much lack of details of what the function does and what it does not.
waypoints.png
2017-10-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

AMP Posted at 2017-10-18 08:31
Okay thank you.  Using Waypoints can I contro/changel the altitude?  For example: Fly to a way point, then fly up directly above the way point, and then save the new way point so when it's on it's mission the drone will go up/down???  Thank you!

Aloha AMP,

As Labroides said, Litchi is the software that does what you want.  But Litchi is a third party software and will not work with your remote controller, P4 Pro+ (plus).  You would have to buy the P4 Pro remote controller and an iOS or Android device to run third party software.  Many P4 Pro+ (plus) customers on this forum have done so because they like the flexibility.  The P4 Pro remote controller is available from DJI at the DJI Store for $319;

https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-remote-controller

Litchi runs real well on the newer devices with sufficient power.  You can design missions on your computer and save them on the Internet.  Then you sign in to Litchi with a WiFi connection and open the mission and load it and fly it.  

The only drawback with Litchi is altitude and objects.  People crash if they do not have the right altitudes set or make a mistake in aligning between waypoints.  One guy on YouTube crashed on take-off and later realized he had not set the first waypoints to have enough altitude.  Another guy flew a mission and later realized when looking at his footage that he had missed setting the right altitude for a few waypoints and the P4's obstacle avoidance saved his bird.

This is why DJI has you fly the mission and then save it.  There are a number of benefits to this approach, least of which there are a lot less crashes!  In your case with DJI GO 4, when you want to change the altitude of a specific waypoint, fly a new mission and set the new waypoint altitude.  With the repeated practice, you will learn a lot more about your mission and how to video it, so much so that the result will be a lot better.

When you are much more experienced and possibly doing this commercially, using a Waypoints Mission software that you can use on your computer will make the expression of your experience much easier.  You will also be in a better position financially to have what you need to do the job safely.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-21
Use props
AMP
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-21 00:04
Aloha AMP,

As Labroides said, Litchi is the software that does what you want.  But Litchi is a third party software and will not work with your remote controller, P4 Pro+ (plus).  You would have to buy the P4 Pro remote controller and an iOS or Android device to run third party software.  Many P4 Pro+ (plus) customers on this forum have done so because they like the flexibility.  The P4 Pro remote controller is available from DJI at the DJI Store for $319;

thank you for all the insight!
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-20 23:12
"P4P+ does not support to install the third party APP."
That would not be the big issues if DJI was a little more up on their toes and did make a better SW/FW/App that would stand up to the stunning (before upgrade) Aircrafts.

Thanks for reminder. This video might be helpful:
2017-10-24
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

P4p Waypoint feature is a toy, max 500m range, min waypoint altitude 5m, min distance between waypoint to big, you cannot give a name and save them, no way to edit later on pc etc... In my test also sometime is not respecting the heading and it rotates the other side...
Also creating something like flying to a place circle it ( similar to poi mode) and fly out is super hard to do.... For the two film project that I needed I never make it to work reliably.
The only good thing about it is that they are safer due that you set the altitude by flying but that is about it everything else is much much better in litchi
2017-10-24
Use props
AMP
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi.  If I purchase a P4P controller≥ . Can I have 2 controllers set up to the same P4P? (not turned on at the same time)  My intensions are to use Litchi as a mission planner.  But it would be nice to have a back up or to use the P4P + controller sometime too.  Thanks!
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AMP Posted at 2017-12-11 20:47
Hi.  If I purchase a P4P controller≥ . Can I have 2 controllers set up to the same P4P? (not turned on at the same time)  My intensions are to use Litchi as a mission planner.  But it would be nice to have a back up or to use the P4P + controller sometime too.  Thanks!

Of course. The aircraft can be connected with another controller via linking RC. I'll attach the tutorial video for your reference.

2017-12-12
Use props
Latanzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839885 ft
Australia

Howdy DJI Susan,
Have read recently that P4P+ now can upload Litchi. Is this correct?
2018-4-17
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

Latanzi Posted at 2018-4-17 01:45
Howdy DJI Susan,

i would like to know this too please ..
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Latanzi Posted at 2018-4-17 01:45
Howdy DJI Susan,

Latanzi, P4P+ supports to install the third-party apps since V1.3.6.0, but we can not ensure the performance. You can check from here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-134274-1-1.html
2018-4-19
Use props
Latanzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839885 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-19 22:51
Latanzi, P4P+ supports to install the third-party apps since V1.3.6.0, but we can not ensure the performance. You can check from here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-134274-1-1.html

Thanks Susan,
Appreciate that there are no guarantees in regards to performance with 3rd party apps.
However, with that in mind I'd like to say how well Litchi performed on one of your P4P+ units today.
It will take me some time to get a better appreciation of the program, but I had a great day with it today.
Had to overcome winds around 18 knots, 2 White Bellied Sea Eagles, 2 Brahimy Kites and what may have been a juvenile Wedge Tail Eagle. The P4P+ was rock solid in the breeze and the Eagles thankfully just inquisitive. Litchi Mission worked really well and we captured some great imagery.
Did have one dropout of the program, but I believe that is due to a misplaced finger stroke. Loss of transmission at  between controller and UAV was consistent with the DJI Go App (Terrain related).
Thanks DJI for releasing this ability   
2018-4-23
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Quick question for all, I have installed Litchi on my P4P device (iPad 4 mini).  I have created an account and several missions on my PC through the website.  When I log into my iPad with that account, I dont see the missions I created as being available to open.  Granted I only messed with it for an hour or two yesterday.  The AC was not powered up at the time so maybe that had something to do with it??  Any pointers, greatly appreciated.  Thanks all
2018-4-23
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-4-23 05:18
Quick question for all, I have installed Litchi on my P4P device (iPad 4 mini).  I have created an account and several missions on my PC through the website.  When I log into my iPad with that account, I dont see the missions I created as being available to open.  Granted I only messed with it for an hour or two yesterday.  The AC was not powered up at the time so maybe that had something to do with it??  Any pointers, greatly appreciated.  Thanks all

As soon as you select waypoint missions using the top left flight mode selector on the screen, you should see two folders on the left hand side of the screen. From memory, the top left folder will allow you to load missions you've saved in the Litchi hub
2018-4-23
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer

United States

Awesome....thanks mrbill.  I will try that when I get home this afternoon.    BTW, do I need to be connected the interweb when I run a mission in the field?
2018-4-23
Use props
ROKI
lvl.3

Croatia

what is the message obstacle sensing will be disabled when aircraft is landing fly with caution ?
2018-4-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ROKI Posted at 2018-4-23 11:45
what is the message obstacle sensing will be disabled when aircraft is landing fly with caution ?

You posted this in your own thread here and then multiple replies to other peoples threads here, here, and here, so including here you have posted this question in 5 seperate places, this is classed as spamming, not going to report it, but just be aware chap, you cannot keep doing this on other peoples posts, thats why you failed to get a reply on any of them!
2018-4-23
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-4-23 06:41
Awesome....thanks mrbill.  I will try that when I get home this afternoon.    BTW, do I need to be connected the interweb when I run a mission in the field?

No you don’t - in fact avoid it. Try to cache your maps beforehand though
2018-4-23
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer

mrbill Posted at 2018-4-23 22:48
No you don’t - in fact avoid it. Try to cache your maps beforehand though

My iPad connects to my home WiFi when I fly at home.  Should I turn off the WiFi on the iPad?
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Latanzi Posted at 2018-4-23 04:16
Thanks Susan,
Appreciate that there are no guarantees in regards to performance with 3rd party apps.
However, with that in mind I'd like to say how well Litchi performed on one of your P4P+ units today.

I'm happy to hear this as well. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
2018-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-4-24 01:22
My iPad connects to my home WiFi when I fly at home.  Should I turn off the WiFi on the iPad?

You could if you like ... or you could leave it on.
It won't make any difference.
2018-4-24
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer

United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-24 03:00
You could if you like ... or you could leave it on.
It won't make any difference.

i do get WiFi interference warnings popping up.  Wondering if the iPad is the cause or the cell phone in my pocket possibly.  (or is the router in the house thats doing it?)  All three have their Wifi turned on.
2018-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-4-24 03:05
i do get WiFi interference warnings popping up.  Wondering if the iPad is the cause or the cell phone in my pocket possibly.  (or is the router in the house thats doing it?)  All three have their Wifi turned on.

You'll get interference warnings any time you fly in an urban area.
The interference is being detected by your Phantom so it doesn't have to be things like your phone or iPad.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules