Not all still shots are saving
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Any one else have issues with some still shots not saving?  I've had this issue on my last 2 real estate shoots.  I'm shooting braketed pictures to use as HDR's from multiple angles of the properties. I push the trigger and confirm that I hear the sound effect for all 3 shots then move onto the next angle.  After I land, I double check the pictures before shutting down and sure enough at least 1 set of pictures is missing.  When it happened today, I thought maybe I just didn't hit the button because there were tons of obstacles I was manuevering around, however after re-launching and getting back into position, I purposely took 2 sets of pictures to be sure.  When I landed however, only 1 set was on the card.
2017-10-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I've found if I hit the shutter too soon, the image may still be processing in the camera and won't write the following shutter release unless I count to eight.  It happens more with slower exposures a lot where the wheel around the shutter button keeps spinning for several seconds when compared to the higher speeds for stills where it may spin once.  It's an odd camera at times, and especially with the manual Laowa 7.5mm lens in still mode where screen image looks okay, but actual image is blown out (Grossly over-exposed.), video side isn't as problematic.
2017-10-17
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-17 12:21
I've found if I hit the shutter too soon, the image may still be processing in the camera and won't write the following shutter release unless I count to eight.  It happens more with slower exposures a lot where the wheel around the shutter button keeps spinning for several seconds when compared to the higher speeds for stills where it may spin once.  It's an odd camera at times, and especially with the manual Laowa 7.5mm lens in still mode where screen image looks okay, but actual image is blown out (Grossly over-exposed.), video side isn't as problematic.

I can see that happening, hitting the button too soon, when I went back up and took 2 shots to replace the one that was missing from the first flight. However, the set that was missing from the first flight had at least 2 minutes since the previous shot was taken.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

In addition to the slower exposures, the DNG format also needs more time to be saved. What format did you select?
Which camera do you use? And SD card?
2017-10-17
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 22:33
In addition to the slower exposures, the DNG format also needs more time to be saved. What format did you select?
Which camera do you use? And SD card?

I was shooting around noon, so slower exposures was not the problem.  The format was a 3 photo bracketed burst in RAW and jpeg but the interval between shot set was no less than 2 minutes apart if not more since the shot that was missing was over 1 acre away from the previous shot and the following shot took a long time to get into position because of an over abundance of power lines and support guy wires in this one front yard.  It was ridiculous.  Looked like a spider web and I had to squeeze the Inspire into that mess to try to get a shot of the front of the house that wasn't totally obscured by wires.
Also, in a couple other positions, I fired off more than one set back to back and each set was there.  It's just random that some don't record to the SD card.  I've had to get into the habit of checking all the pictures after landing but before powering down to make sure that I don't have to go back up.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules