Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Batteries
562 15 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycloneDrones
lvl.1
United States

I have a P4. Can these batteries be used with P4Pro?
2017-10-17
Use props
PaulSouthport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Yes. Slightly less flight time, but fit fine.
2017-10-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 429111 ft
Australia

As other post stated, yes. But if using the same batteries in both a P4 and a P4P (or P4A for that matter), the battery firmware must be at the right level. Currently the prod firmware releases for the P4 and P4P comprise the same battery firmware level, but they've been out-of-sync previously.

If sharing batteries, and firmware isn't right, you'll get a "Incompatible firmware" message reported on the app, and refreshing the battery in that craft with the craft firmware will be required to use that battery.
2017-10-17
Use props
Daniel777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 712 ft
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-17 14:26
As other post stated, yes. But if using the same batteries in both a P4 and a P4P (or P4A for that matter), the battery firmware must be at the right level. Currently the prod firmware releases for the P4 and P4P comprise the same battery firmware level, but they've been out-of-sync previously.

If sharing batteries, and firmware isn't right, you'll get a "Incompatible firmware" message reported on the app, and refreshing the battery in that craft with the craft firmware will be required to use that battery.

thanks for that info ... on a similar topic, where do i read the P4 pro and RC firmware versions numbers?
2017-10-17
Use props
Tmygun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daniel777 Posted at 2017-10-17 15:03
thanks for that info ... on a similar topic, where do i read the P4 pro and RC firmware versions numbers?

In the DJI 4 Go App.  It will give you both version numbers.
2017-10-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Australia

Daniel777 Posted at 2017-10-17 15:03

Go into the settings screen in DJI GO (the 3 dots at top right) and scroll down. Click on "About...". If you're connected to the craft you should see ALL version numbers.

[Edit] Sorry, I dropped the context. If battery firmware level isn't reported there, you may need to go into the Battery menu under Settings. If the version isn't listed there, it may be under "Advanced" - the last option on that menu.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with 2#. The inconsistent firmware message will pop up when different firmware are detected between aircraft and battery. BTW, the battery firmware will not show in the APP.
2017-10-17
Use props
Daniel777
lvl.1
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-17 17:51
Go into the settings screen in DJI GO (the 3 dots at top right) and scroll down. Click on "About...". If you're connected to the craft you should see ALL version numbers.

[Edit] Sorry, I dropped the context. If battery firmware level isn't reported there, you may need to go into the Battery menu under Settings. If the version isn't listed there, it may be under "Advanced" - the last option on that menu.

Thank you very much
I had gone there earlier but only the app version was showing, but now everything is there - thanks again.

When I flew a mission yesterday the RTH was not working and everytime I selected RTH my P4pro would simply start to land where ever it was at the time . rebooting all 3 components didn't help either so I am now trying to diagnose why that is happening...  It's a brand new P4pro drone.  On my old drone it worked perfectly...
2017-10-17
Use props
PaulSouthport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

What is RTH configured to do in the app?
2017-10-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Australia

Daniel777 Posted at 2017-10-17 22:08
Thank you very much
I had gone there earlier but only the app version was showing, but now everything is there - thanks again.

Depends on circumstances. If you trigger RTH when it's within 20m of you it will descend where it is, and it can't return home if the GPS signal is weak or a Home Point wasn't set.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Daniel777 Posted at 2017-10-17 22:08
Thank you very much
Punchbuggy suggestion is spot on. Please double check and confirm.

2017-10-18
Use props
Daniel777
lvl.1
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-17 22:39
Depends on circumstances. If you trigger RTH when it's within 20m of you it will descend where it is, and it can't return home if the GPS signal is weak or a Home Point wasn't set.

Is that a new feature?

When I last tested the RTH a couple of weeks ago I thought that it was returning back to the exact launch irrespective of where the RTH was selected, even within 20 metres?

However during yesterday's flight I did as I always do and do a quick launch and then a RTH to test the system and every time I selected RTH is just wanted to land where it was (although it was always within 20 metres of launch).  When it ran out of battery it correctly returned to launch +/- 0.3 metre.

Anyway it's good to know that if one flies less than 20 metres from the launch site then one needs to manually select the land site.
2017-10-18
Use props
Daniel777
lvl.1
Australia

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-10-17 22:18
What is RTH configured to do in the app?

"configured to do in app" - can one configure the RTH?
2017-10-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Australia

Daniel777 Posted at 2017-10-18 03:02
Is that a new feature?

When I last tested the RTH a couple of weeks ago I thought that it was returning back to the exact launch irrespective of where the RTH was selected, even within 20 metres?

The 20m behaviour is referenced in the manual also.  ;-)

And just to be sure thaat the craft always knows where home is, I never take off untill GO reports that the Home Point had been recorded.
2017-10-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Australia

Daniel777 Posted at 2017-10-18 11:11
"configured to do in app" - can one configure the RTH?

RTH is RTH. I think the poster was thinking of setting the craft action on lost signal.
2017-10-18
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.2
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-18 13:21
RTH is RTH. I think the poster was thinking of setting the craft action on lost signal.

In the app on the remote controller you can set it to hover, land or RTH, they say after an update to always check your prefered settings as they maybe changed during an update.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules