4037 6 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drklion22
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone have any further info on the ADS-B that is part of the Matrice 200/210 (AirSense)?  Does it transmit as well as receive signals?  Does air traffic display on the DJI app?  Any details would be much appreciated.  
2017-10-17
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Just receives. little airplane turns blue when 1st detected then yellow & finally red with warning to land due to near by aircraft. An aircraft symbol appears on the map colour dependant on proximitry where aircraft is
2017-10-17
Use props
drklion22
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

broadlandboy Posted at 2017-10-17 20:51
Just receives. little airplane turns blue when 1st detected then yellow & finally red with warning to land due to near by aircraft. An aircraft symbol appears on the map colour dependant on proximitry where aircraft is

Thanks for the info.

Was wondering, the plane that turns colors as it approaches closer to the Matrice does it show altitude or some kind of info of the traffic?
2017-10-18
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Just distance & not exact
2017-10-18
Use props
acansa_geo
New

United States

Unless I'm missing something this shouldn't be relied on as a true representation of all aircraft potentially operating in the airspace. You would have to be in an area with aircraft currently utilizing ADS-B Out and would then only see that plane unless there is a ground station and is receiving a custom traffic picture. If aircraft where you're located in are all Mode C and there is no ground station they will not be visible.

Attached is a link to an article with graphics the further illustrate.
ADS-B Graphic
2018-3-7
Use props
drklion22
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

acansa_geo Posted at 2018-3-7 21:57
Unless I'm missing something this shouldn't be relied on as a true representation of all aircraft potentially operating in the airspace. You would have to be in an area with aircraft currently utilizing ADS-B Out and would then only see that plane unless there is a ground station and is receiving a custom traffic picture. If aircraft where you're located in are all Mode C and there is no ground station they will not be visible.

Attached is a link to an article with graphics the further illustrate.

No, you are not.  I asked this question before I had the Matrice 210.  After flying it the ADS-B part of the Matrice gives a false sense of awareness.  Other then other aircraft transmitting ADS-B there are plenty of planes not using it thus always be aware of your surroundings.  Its a nice addition to the Matrice but dangerous if one just only relies on it for situational awareness.
2018-3-8
Use props
davidherries
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3768451 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Here is a quick video I made of the Airsense working on a Matrice 2XX unit.

I'm just wondering where DJI are at migrating this into their other drones ?

Thanks
Dave

2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules