Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-19 18:03
Hi there, the problem is located as package design and will be fixed later. Sorry for the trouble caused for you. You may try with your hands to recover the deformation and it does not drive noticeable effect on flight performance.

Hopefully this will be taken care of.
2017-10-19
Use props
Ghost30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126801 ft
United States

Ghost30 Posted at 2017-10-18 20:13
Getting my 2 sets tomorrow from Advexure. I will check to see if they have the same defect. I had also ordered 2 sets from directly through DJI, but its been almost a month now and they have not shipped it yet.

*Update*  I just received 2 sets of the new propeller's (Gold Tips) that were bought and shipped from Advexure. I inspected them for any defects and couldn't find any at all. I also have another order from DJI directly that is arriving by next week. I'll inspect them also if there are any issues with the propeller's and will update my post again.
2017-10-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-10-18 15:41
Good to know these are precision engineered!  I'm excited to see how stupid I'll feel for ordering these!  WOOHOO!!!

I have been flying mine without any trouble at all. They work as DJI said in the ad, it is a different sound slightly quitter than the stock ones. The plastic is soft and they are packed tightly inside boxes. You will be ok, just wait until you get them....  then fly them.

Rich
2017-10-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-19 21:29
I have been flying mine without any trouble at all. They work as DJI said in the ad, it is a different sound slightly quitter than the stock ones. The plastic is soft and they are packed tightly inside boxes. You will be ok, just wait until you get them....  then fly them.

Good to hear.  Yea, mine have (finally) shipped.

I'm hoping EVERYONE is wrong (LOL) & I get a few perfect sets.  
2017-10-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-10-19 21:36
Good to hear.  Yea, mine have (finally) shipped.

I'm hoping EVERYONE is wrong (LOL) & I get a few perfect sets.

Well I am not saying that everyone is wrong, but I really like my new props..

So, I decided to look at mine again to see if I missed something.  photos below...  they look good to me

Rich

IMG_9396.jpg IMG_9397.jpg
2017-10-19
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Bought 4 pairs, no defects. Flew the farthest I have ever flown, and the new props did just fine. They are noticeably more quite. I live in the sticks, with zero traffic or ambient noise from people. The noise reduction is substantial, IMO.
Also, top speed was the same with the other props. This leads me to believe there is no added stress to the motors.
2017-10-20
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my set yesterday and also no defects.

Tested and all checks out !

Amazing results too; between 100 to 200 ft up in the air, wow can hardly hear the Mavic. I'm impressed !
2017-10-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-20 04:12
Bought 4 pairs, no defects. Flew the farthest I have ever flown, and the new props did just fine. They are noticeably more quite. I live in the sticks, with zero traffic or ambient noise from people. The noise reduction is substantial, IMO.
Also, top speed was the same with the other props. This leads me to believe there is no added stress to the motors.

Awesome!  
2017-10-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-20 06:30
Received my set yesterday and also no defects.

Tested and all checks out !

OK, I'm super excited like I'm 8 again!!  

I get my bulk order of props Tuesday.  If they check out, I'm gonna order more, but this time those PLATINUM tipped ones.  You can't have enough props!  I actually ran out once this summer after touching part of a tree.  Went to my "prop box" & was out LOL!

2017-10-20
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

So far has it only been the gold ones with the defect?
2017-10-20
Use props
CalvinC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267831 ft
United States

I just received the new props. They are in perfect shape, no bumps at all.
blades.jpg
2017-10-20
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
Dominican Republic

So what if anything shall we do with damaged props DJI?
2017-10-20
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

CalvinC Posted at 2017-10-20 13:42
I just received the new props. They are in perfect shape, no bumps at all.

Same here, got mine yesterday, inspected them closely after reading this thread. Happy to say no damage, I think the damaged ones were probably mishandled while packaging, if they are packaged by a machine this could easily happen.

Thank god DJI doesn't make turbine blades for Boeing !!
2017-10-20
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got two full sets yesterday.  All 4 black blades have the defect, in the same spot.  It's minor and doesn't appear to affect flight performance or noise.  I'm  actually more worried about the fact that the new blades rub on the bottom of the Mavic and prevent the legs from folding completely.  Wondering which will get damaged first - the blades or the Mavic.

LP
2017-10-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-20 15:29
Same here, got mine yesterday, inspected them closely after reading this thread. Happy to say no damage, I think the damaged ones were probably mishandled while packaging, if they are packaged by a machine this could easily happen.

Thank god DJI doesn't make turbine blades for Boeing !!

Haha, that's called bogus parts. DJI N1 rotors anyone?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Just reporting back .....all 6 boxes are fine no deformation
2017-10-21
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-10-20 15:52
Got two full sets yesterday.  All 4 black blades have the defect, in the same spot.  It's minor and doesn't appear to affect flight performance or noise.  I'm  actually more worried about the fact that the new blades rub on the bottom of the Mavic and prevent the legs from folding completely.  Wondering which will get damaged first - the blades or the Mavic.

LP

^^^ same concern here. I mentioned this on page 1 and no one else seemed to echo the same concern. These props definitely get in the way of the fold-up design of the Mavic which puzzles me that DJI did this.
2017-10-21
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-10-21 10:30
^^^ same concern here. I mentioned this on page 1 and no one else seemed to echo the same concern. These props definitely get in the way of the fold-up design of the Mavic which puzzles me that DJI did this.

It's been mentioned in the other forum as well.    I think I'm going to risk it.  These props really take the annoying edge off of the bee swarm, and my ears are much more relaxed when flying around my yard.  I'll just be careful when I put the MP in it's bag...and if the props get damaged, I'll just put on new ones.

LP
2017-10-21
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Missed out on delivery, wasn't here to sign for it but they left a tag to sign and they will leave at door on Monday. Something else bothers me. Without checking where you live, they automatically charge 10.00 for shipping like a one size fits all. I live 45 minutes from where they shipped from, there's no way DJI should charge that much for shipping when I'm that close by. Come on DJI, most sites have you enter an address then calculate shipping which is the only fair way to do it. 10.00 to ship two sets of props from Carson to Irvine is ridiculous. DJI customer service needs reworking across the board.
2017-10-21
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Socalrob Posted at 2017-10-21 15:20
10.00 to ship two sets of props from Carson to Irvine is ridiculous. DJI customer service needs reworking across the board.

That $10 is to cover the cost of people that make the driver come back a 2nd day and do it all again.  Tossing a few ounces in an MD-11 doesn't cost anything.  All the cost involved with getting it to your house does, especially when it's repeat trips.
2017-10-21
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

While there is barely any visible deformation in my new props, they are causing a vibration problem with my Mavic.  The status indicator on the back of the aircraft blinks yellow 3 times fast instead of the normal green.  This goes in and out switching between green and 3 yellow flashes.  I hovered at about 4' and lightly touched the top of the battery and felt a pronounced vibration.  I replaced the new props with the original mavic props and the yellow blinking went away and not just the normal green.  I can only assume that the defect/unbalance in the new props is causing excess vibration and triggering the flashing yellow lights.  I will be returning these props for refund.
2017-10-21
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-10-21 15:36
While there is barely any visible deformation in my new props, they are causing a vibration problem with my Mavic.  The status indicator on the back of the aircraft blinks yellow 3 times fast instead of the normal green.  This goes in and out switching between green and 3 yellow flashes.  I hovered at about 4' and lightly touched the top of the battery and felt a pronounced vibration.  I replaced the new props with the original mavic props and the yellow blinking went away and not just the normal green.  I can only assume that the defect/unbalance in the new props is causing excess vibration and triggering the flashing yellow lights.  I will be returning these props for refund.

Before you do try this.

2017-10-21
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-21 15:50
Before you do try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52N9Lfa0USI

I sorry to be dense, but I don't understand the point of this.  Not seeing a blinking yellow light and I only have one set of the new props.  Is this video suggesting a way to isolate the unbalanced prop?
2017-10-21
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-10-21 15:36

What firmware are you running?   Thor did mention something about potential vibration issues with the new props and down level firmware.    All 4 of my black props have the deformation (although it is very minor), but it seems to fly fine.

LP
2017-10-21
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-10-21 16:34
What firmware are you running?   Thor did mention something about potential vibration issues with the new props and down level firmware.    All 4 of my black props have the deformation (although it is very minor), but it seems to fly fine.

LP

I have the newest firmware and the newest GO4 app.  Is there a setting that needs to be changed for the Mavic to recognize the new props?  Mine seems to fly fine also, but I can't get rid of the error condition that is evidenced by the the indicator flashing yellow 3 times.  I also can't help but feel the extra vibration that I have detected and the IMU has detected won't be good for the motors.
2017-10-21
Use props
Spinmeout
New
Flight distance : 327736 ft
Australia

I appears the other blade is pressing on the trailing edge of the distorted blade in transit. Reshape using gentle pressure should fix.
2017-10-21
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Spinmeout Posted at 2017-10-21 18:03
I appears the other blade is pressing on the trailing edge of the distorted blade in transit. Reshape using gentle pressure should fix.

It doesn't.

LP
2017-10-21
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-10-21 16:01
I sorry to be dense, but I don't understand the point of this.  Not seeing a blinking yellow light and I only have one set of the new props.  Is this video suggesting a way to isolate the unbalanced prop?

Yes, this suggestion does not address the yellow warning light you are getting just a way to check for an imbalanced / damaged prop as you mentioned you felt a vibration. It is strange that when you put the old props back on the warning light disappears. The latest FW update configured the ESC's to accept the new props. Did you receive a any errors during your last update?
2017-10-22
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hello. I already bought original 8331 golden propellers for my mavic pro. I not sure if i ask Mavic pro 8330 propellers is little harder than new 8331 propellers. Is safe for use golden propellers?
2017-10-23
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-22 00:31
Yes, this suggestion does not address the yellow warning light you are getting just a way to check for an imbalanced / damaged prop as you mentioned you felt a vibration. It is strange that when you put the old props back on the warning light disappears. The latest FW update configured the ESC's to accept the new props. Did you receive a any errors during your last update?

No, the update went flawlessly.
2017-10-23
Use props
fans5aee5495
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Low noise 8331 props cause three flashing yellows in between flashing green when in flight. Any ideas ? I have latest firmware. I have five pairs and no matter which combination, the yellow flashing won't go away, until I put the 8330 original props back on. Annoying !
2017-10-26
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

These props are a disaster.
2017-10-27
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

M4BMW Posted at 2017-10-27 07:32
These props are a disaster.

Mine are fine, as are they for thousands of others, why do you say that?
2017-10-27
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

It might be my imagination but I think the bumps are slowly dissapearing form my blades - the bumps seem to have dissapered from the two least bad ones  and even the worst one is now just noticable.
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5aee5495
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Props are not a disaster ! For £20 they are cheap.
2017-10-27
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Six6Sics #666 Posted at 2017-10-18 13:15
I've heard that its become quite popular to use sandpaper on the prop blades..... thought ??

I use a small chunk of scotch-brite to clean mine. works great.
2017-10-27
Use props
MavicMule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

New MPP arrived yesterday. Platinum set(on bird) and gold set (in microfiber prop bags) in kit were perfect.  QC 100%
2017-10-27
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-10-27 12:33
Mine are fine, as are they for thousands of others, why do you say that?

Let see first off they don't fold correctly under the mavic which in my opinion puts added stress on the motors. Bad QC obviously from the replies from thread. Not to mention gimbal and mavic vibrations and errors from the current firmware. The big reason for me they failed to mention you have to update firmware to use them. Some of us are happy with earlier firmware versions without all the restrictions. They also will cast shadows on your videos on a sunny day do to extra width and lower RPMs.
2017-10-28
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

M4BMW Posted at 2017-10-28 08:20
Let see first off they don't fold correctly under the mavic which in my opinion puts added stress on the motors. Bad QC obviously from the replies from thread. Not to mention gimbal and mavic vibrations and errors from the current firmware. The big reason for me they failed to mention you have to update firmware to use them. Some of us are happy with earlier firmware versions without all the restrictions. They also will cast shadows on your videos on a sunny day do to extra width and lower RPMs.

Mine fold perfectly fine under the mavic and fits in its case no problem. New props operate fine, no issues. I have not noticed any shadows on my videos and it's pretty sunny in Cali and Nevada...
2017-10-28
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have none of those issue, they fold fine and are straight and true for me - in fact the fold far better as they nest into each other at the tips - there is no stress at all, it's a flexible prop, it's mentioned in several places they work with the latest firmware to accommodate the lesser rpm? I get NO shadows from props and no errors, flew 3 batteries yesterday in full sun at all angles with and without ND's - nothing / nada - happy to post a clip. Sounds like you might have some additional issues with your Mavic? My props are the silver tips but they are the same props.
2017-10-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules