7196 98 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Pumavic @TroutboyNZ - can one of you guys post some pics of your Mavic with the new props folded - both from the bottom and from the side?   I'm questioning how some of us have props that lift the rear arms slightly, and others don't.  I can't see how this can happen unless there is more than one Mavic or prop design...

Thanks,
LP
2017-10-31
Use props
djiuser_86eenut
lvl.1
United States

Just got my new props and they vibrate like crazy.  I've been building drones for years and there is simply no way a firmware upgrade is going to fix vibrating props.  These props are defective period.  I'm certainly not going to be updating any time soon after hearing about all of this new active tracking.
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_86eenut Posted at 2017-12-30 19:04
Just got my new props and they vibrate like crazy.  I've been building drones for years and there is simply no way a firmware upgrade is going to fix vibrating props.  These props are defective period.  I'm certainly not going to be updating any time soon after hearing about all of this new active tracking.

Ensure you're on the latest firmware. My 8331's work perfectly.
2017-12-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I have flown many flights with the new 8331 props, and at first I really liked them. Then after time, I noticed vibrations in my video, and yawing. I calibrated, upgrated firmware ext ext. Then I dawned on me, it might be the props. Well, it was the props. After replacing with my old props, everything went back to normal. So 4 pairs of 8331's went into the garbage.
2017-12-31
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-12-31 05:02
I have flown many flights with the new 8331 props, and at first I really liked them. Then after time, I noticed vibrations in my video, and yawing. I calibrated, upgrated firmware ext ext. Then I dawned on me, it might be the props. Well, it was the props. After replacing with my old props, everything went back to normal. So 4 pairs of 8331's went into the garbage.

Everyone on forums beat me up over these crappy things. Mine shipped defective.
2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_86eenut
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-31 04:40
Ensure you're on the latest firmware. My 8331's work perfectly.

Firmware has nothing to do with anything.  The firmware wouldn't know if you attached your mother to your motors.  The PIDs can compensate only so much and they can't compensate for this type of vibration nor can the camera gyro.
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One of the latest FW releases realigned the output of the motors RPM’s to compensate for the 8331 and this was in readiness for the launch of the Platinum and is stipulated by DJI for that purpose.
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_86eenut Posted at 2018-1-9 06:00
Firmware has nothing to do with anything.  The firmware wouldn't know if you attached your mother to your motors.  The PIDs can compensate only so much and they can't compensate for this type of vibration nor can the camera gyro.

Overview
• Firmware: V 01.04.0000
• DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.1.10
• DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.9

What’s New?
• Added QuickShot feature (requires DJI GO 4 app v4.1.10 or higher).
• Added Dynamic Home Point for ActiveTrack mode.
• Added support for Mavic Pro Platinum firmware and 8331 Low-Noise Quick Release Propellers.
• Adjusted the color in Normal mode to Vivid.

I suggest getting your facts straight in future...
2018-1-9
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

I bought a set of 8331 when they first came available. They had rough edges and were very thin and flexible. Some of the tips were bent slightly. It seemed to fly OK, sounded about the same, no shaky gimbal, but somehow did not feel as "positive" to control input. A little mushy. So i put the 8330 back on and it felt great, flew like it always did.

Thinking that the next batch of 8331 would be better made, i bought another set, last week in fact. These came through much cleaner, no rough edges and the tips seemed to be all in line. I did a test where i flew at eye level and took a close look at how the props track. I noticed that 2 of the props did not track correctly. That is, i can see 2 distinct paths the tips take on the same prop. I could also see some vibration in the path come and go without controller input. Almost like a harmonic balance issue. Though none of this can be seen in video, it does worry me that there could be vibration putting undue strain on the drone.

In the end, i am back on the original 8330 props. The noise level benefit of the 8331 is negotiable at best, It's not like it makes your Mavic a stealth. And the 50 RPM's gained really does not effect flight time as much as we would like to think. Flying with confidence in your gear is very important. IMHO, the 8331 props do nothing to improve the flying experience, but they look pretty cool when it is sitting still...
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get a Mavic Platinum - you’ll notice the difference then.
2018-1-9
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-9 08:11
Get a Mavic Platinum - you’ll notice the difference then.

For me, the MPP improvements do not justify spending another $1200-$1500. I will wait for the next generation. By then my MP will be about wore out and will need replacing...
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s understandable but the topic is specifically about the 8331 props which in my personal experience work perfectly with DJI’s current, latest version of the Mavic Pro - which the 8331 props are mainly designed for.
2018-1-9
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-9 08:33
That’s understandable but the topic is specifically about the 8331 props which in my personal experience work perfectly with DJI’s current, latest version of the Mavic Pro - which the 8331 props are mainly designed for.

Specifically about 8331 props on Mavic Pro, by the looks in the pic the OP posted. The OP never actually clarifies if he is working on MPP. And his profile shows a Mavic Pro pic. I understood this topic to be about 8331 props on MP, not MPP. No big deal. And DJI does support the 8331 props on MP, not just for the MPP. Very possible the 8331 work perfect on MPP. Mine actually work fine on my MP. Just had some concerns i mention above. I'm simply sharing my experience with 8331's on MP...
BTW: Why does your MPP not show up on your profile pic? Maybe there is not a different pic for the 3 Mavic flavors? Pro, Platinum, and Alpine. Do they all show up as MP?
Update: I see in your profile pic you upload is a MPP, but i guess all the small icons they place under your milage are the same for all Mavics. Sry, thats what i was looking at...
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyLenz Posted at 2018-1-9 11:49
Specifically about 8331 props on Mavic Pro, by the looks in the pic the OP posted. The OP never actually clarifies if he is working on MPP. And his profile shows a Mavic Pro pic. I understood this topic to be about 8331 props on MP, not MPP. No big deal. And DJI does support the 8331 props on MP, not just for the MPP. Very possible the 8331 work perfect on MPP. Mine actually work fine on my MP. Just had some concerns i mention above. I'm simply sharing my experience with 8331's on MP...
BTW: Why does your MPP not show up on your profile pic? Maybe there is not a different pic for the 3 Mavic flavors? Pro, Platinum, and Alpine. Do they all show up as MP?
Update: I see in your profile pic you upload is a MPP, but i guess all the small icons they place under your milage are the same for all Mavics. Sry, thats what i was looking at...

I guess comparing your experience with the 8331's to mine there is a clear distinction between compatibility and optimisation... BTW I also used a set of 8331's that I bought on my previous Mavic (alpine white) and again, absolutely no issues. Yep - having owned the Mavic Pro fly more combo, Mavic Pro Alpine White and Mavic Pro Platinum only the Mavic Pro icon shows up. Same on the app, until I turn the drone on and it switches to the MPP.
2018-1-9
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-9 12:14
I guess comparing your experience with the 8331's to mine there is a clear distinction between compatibility and optimisation... BTW I also used a set of 8331's that I bought on my previous Mavic (alpine white) and again, absolutely no issues. Yep - having owned the Mavic Pro fly more combo, Mavic Pro Alpine White and Mavic Pro Platinum only the Mavic Pro icon shows up. Same on the app, until I turn the drone on and it switches to the MPP.

Wow, DJI loves you! 3 Mavics in a about a year. I'm envious. Very nice...
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyLenz Posted at 2018-1-9 12:23
Wow, DJI loves you! 3 Mavics in a about a year. I'm envious. Very nice...

I doubt it - I retuned the alpine white to Apple for a full refund LOL
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_86eenutfHCj9
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-9 06:16
Overview

I'm never upgrading my mavic.  Why would I want more DJI oversight?
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_86eenutfHCj9
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-9 06:16
Overview

Also, if software is required for a propeller then THEY made it so it WOULDN'T work without the upgrade. Stop being a lemming.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hence why doing the FW upgrade stops the vibrations. Anyway, I have no idea who you think you are or who you think you are talking to but I don’t appreciate your tone or insulting remark - I really ain't got time for trolls pal! Good day!
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules