Mavic Pro Gimbal motor overloaded, won’t calibrate.
9026 4 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpeedyFrog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152231 ft
New Zealand

I recently upgraded from the Spark and bought a Mavic Pro second hand. The seller said it had never been crashed and had recently been serviced. On my first flight,l with it, the picture quality on my phone looked overexposed and hazy. I’m hoping this is just s csmera setting I haven’t figured out yet. But as I was hovering and aimed the camera straight down at the grass, I was getting s rippling effect on the video. Also whilst flying, the gimbal was jiggling in the wind and any time I made turns or accelerated/decelerated. I landed the drone, packed it up and went home to update the firmware. The update kept failing, and all of a sudden whilst sitting on the table the gimbal started recalibrating and locked in a downward position and began overheating to the point that it burnt 2 of my fingers  when I picked it up. I turned the Mavic off, let the camera and gimbal cool down and tried updating the firmware again. This time the update worked, but the gimbal constantly screeches and tries to calibrate before settling the camera  in a downward-facing position. It says in my DJI Go app that the gimbal motor is overloaded. I don’t know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated!
2017-10-18
Use props
liljessie
lvl.1
United States

Look for video on
2017-10-18
Use props
liljessie
lvl.1
United States

Search YouTube for positioning of Gimbal dampener board and make sure all 4 corners and rear hook are positioned correctly to start.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to restart the drone for times, and calibrate the gimbal, besides, please check if the anti-drop hooks are loosened, you can refer to the tutorial below. If the gimbal persists warning overload, I recommend sending it back for repair. For the overexposure issue, please try in autofocus mode.
2017-10-18
Use props
Tylerbrown630
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 20:30
Please try to restart the drone for times, and calibrate the gimbal, besides, please check if the anti-drop hooks are loosened, you can refer to the tutorial below. If the gimbal persists warning overload, I recommend sending it back for repair. For the overexposure issue, please try in autofocus mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX&index=15

I bought my mavic pro brand new from Costco and I am having a similar problem, It will calibrate up to 31% and then fails every time. but something is definitely wrong and I have no idea what to do and when I go on youtube I see recommendations for replacing a ribbon cable on my gimbal to potentially fix the problem?
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules