Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FOCUS WHEEL 2 - OSMO and X5 ISSUE - HELP
4731 22 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankieK33
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Maybe I made a huge blunder. Most likely, probably.

I bought the Focus Wheel 2. I used it on a shoot and it was amazing.

I got my own, tried to set it up and it's not working.

I have the original Osmo Handle and an X5 Zenmuse that was originally used for an Inspire 1 Pro.

When I try to look at my firmware on the X5 through the OSMO, it says "Unknown Versions".

I think this may be the issue, or just maybe, that the focus handwheel does not work on this configuration of hardware.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Frank
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Frank, the firmware of Osmo Pro and handwheel must be up to date. We suggest to flash the Osmo Pro firmware, here is the tutorial video of Osmo for your reference:
2017-10-18
Use props
FrankieK33
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-18 21:17
Frank, the firmware of Osmo Pro and handwheel must be up to date. We suggest to flash the Osmo Pro firmware, here is the tutorial video of Osmo for your reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvahCGAtZvU

Nothing happens when I do this. I am using an X5 that was bought first for the Inspire. I don't have the inspire any longer.

The Osmo says UNKNOWN FIRMWARES.

Flashing does not work. Any ideas?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FrankieK33 Posted at 2017-10-19 22:17
Nothing happens when I do this. I am using an X5 that was bought first for the Inspire. I don't have the inspire any longer.

The Osmo says UNKNOWN FIRMWARES.

Frank, please ensure that you download the right version. It should be 1.4.0.70. Here is the link:
http://www.dji.com/osmo-pro-and-raw/info#downloads. If it doesn't work, please provide the failed log. Thanks for support.
osmo pro.PNG
2017-10-20
Use props
FrankieK33
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-20 00:29
Frank, please ensure that you download the right version. It should be 1.4.0.70. Here is the link:
http://www.dji.com/osmo-pro-and-raw/info#downloads. If it doesn't work, please provide the failed log. Thanks for support.

This is not working. Nothing will work when I put the .bin on the memory card.

Does the focus wheel work with the Original X5 and Original OSMO?
2017-10-23
Use props
fans90220354
lvl.2

Hong Kong

FrankieK33 Posted at 2017-10-23 17:08
This is not working. Nothing will work when I put the .bin on the memory card.

Does the focus wheel work with the Original X5 and Original OSMO?

Yes, they are compatible. Please provide a screenshot of your app.
2017-10-24
Use props
FrankieK33
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sir, sorry that we didn't see any pictures.
X5 should work with Osmo handle directly as long as you update the firmware.

What SD card do you use? Have you formatted SD before copying the bin file?
Or have you tried to change a SD card?
2017-10-27
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 01:56
Sir, sorry that we didn't see any pictures.
X5 should work with Osmo handle directly as long as you update the firmware.

Colleagues! Please explain how DJI Focus Handwheel differs from DJI Focus Handwheel 2? Thank you.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lepi Posted at 2017-11-2 20:22
Colleagues! Please explain how DJI Focus Handwheel differs from DJI Focus Handwheel 2? Thank you.

DJI Focus Handwheel 2 has been much improved than DJI Focus Handwheel.
1. Adding LENS button to open lens travel settings and switching between focus, aperture or zoom control.
2. Adding Power Switch to power on/off the Focus Handwheel 2.
3. Focus Handwheel 2 is compatible with Inspire 2.
Hope the answer is helpful.
2017-11-2
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 21:21
DJI Focus Handwheel 2 has been much improved than DJI Focus Handwheel.
1. Adding LENS button to open lens travel settings and switching between  focus, aperture or zoom control.
2. Adding Power Switch to power on/off the Focus Handwheel 2.

Thank you so much. Now I know the difference.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lepi Posted at 2017-11-2 21:26
Thank you so much. Now I know the difference.

You are welcome, any further question, please keep us updated.
2017-11-3
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-3 01:34

I forgot to ask. I have a device DJI Osmo Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter for connecting a smartphone as a monitor. If I buy DJI Focus Handwheel 2, will both devices work simultaneously through this adapter? That is, focus control and video signal transmission to the monitor. Thank you.
PS
You do not need to respond. I found the answer myself. Sorry for disturbing.

2017-11-3
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-3 01:34

Respected! Explain to me, please, why DJI Osmo Pro Handwheel 2 sold without a communication cable? How can I use it without a cable? Is this the fad of a manufacturer or a marketing joke? Or am I missing something? Why can not the Handwheel 2 be completed with a cable to connect to the camera or a wired adapter? Thank you.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lepi Posted at 2017-11-7 03:27
Respected! Explain to me, please, why DJI Osmo Pro Handwheel 2 sold without a communication cable? How can I use it without a cable? Is this the fad of a manufacturer or a marketing joke? Or am I missing something? Why can not the Handwheel 2 be completed with a cable to connect to the camera or a wired adapter? Thank you.

Please forgive me for the late response because I was not on duty yesterday.
Since DJI Focus Handwheel 2 can work with Inspire 2 and Osmo Pro/RAW, customer have different choice.

If customers purchase DJI Focus Handwheel 2 for Inspire 2, the Communication Cable is not essential, that is the reason why the Communication Cable need to be purchased separately.
Appreciate your kind understanding.
2017-11-8
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 02:17
Please forgive me for the late response because I was not on duty yesterday.
Since DJI Focus Handwheel 2 can work with Inspire 2 and Osmo Pro/RAW, customer have different choice.

Now it is clear. Thanks for the answer.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lepi Posted at 2017-11-8 02:43
Now it is clear. Thanks for the answer.

No problem, please keep me posted if you have other query, I will reply as soon as possible.
2017-11-8
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 02:48
No problem, please keep me posted if you have other query, I will reply as soon as possible.

It upsets me that DJI Store does not send his goods to Russia, as if the Russians are not people. On AliExpress I can buy the Handwheel 2, but the cable does not sell here. That's the problem.
PS
However, today the seller of AliExpress promised me to put in the box with the Handwheel 2 the communication cable for Ozmo X5 Pro. It seems that there are no problems yet.
2017-11-8
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 02:48

I received a parcel yesterday with a set of Handweel 2 and a cable to it. Made samples on the Olympus lens 14 - 42 EZ pancake. The focus moves smoothly, the aperture and ZUM jump. A great distress. Why does the aperture and zoom occur in jumps? It depends on the lens or such a principle of work for this Handwheel 2?
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lepi Posted at 2017-12-6 02:03
I received a parcel yesterday with a set of Handweel 2 and a cable to it. Made samples on the Olympus lens 14 - 42 EZ pancake. The focus moves smoothly, the aperture and ZUM jump. A great distress. Why does the aperture and zoom occur in jumps? It depends on the lens or such a principle of work for this Handwheel 2?

Hi, Lepi, sorry to know there are problems with Focus Handwheel.
Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Go APP or try another mobile device?
Do you have the stock lens to test the Aperture?
2017-12-7
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-7 04:14
Hi, Lepi, sorry to know there are problems with Focus Handwheel.
Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Go APP or try another mobile device?
Do you have the stock lens to test the Aperture?

Yes, I installed a stock 1: 1.7 / 15 ASPH lens and checked the operation of the  Aperture. Unfortunately it works also in abrupt way. I think that this is a hardware feature of Handwheel 2.
I'm already tired of constant disappointments. The firmware is still not updated. I expressed a lot of remarks and wishes for the existing firmware, but nothing changes with the manufacturer. With this policy, buyers will soon turn their backs on JI.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansa593a47e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i have the same issue cannot connect focus wheel 2 to osmo pro  the firmware is 01.04.00
2019-5-29
Use props
fansaf3745fe
lvl.1

Armenia

HI, as soon as i connect my dji focus handwheel on my Osmo Pro, Zenmuse X5 camera FREEZES. [i switched it ON, blue indicator BLINKS, LENS BLINKS when pressed BUT NOTHING...please HELP, John
2022-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules