Problems with sd card in phantom 3 SE
5573 29 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manuklx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54711 ft
Spain

I have read a lot in the forum before asking but I have not found the solution.
Since I bought the dron a couple of months ago when I try to make videos, a message that says "sd card invalid" appears. I have formatted from the app and also from the pc but the problem persists.I have also calibrated IMU, Gimball, compass .....
Buy the card recommended by Dji "Lexar 633x UHS-I class 10, 95MB / s.
I would like you to help me determine if something is wrong or is a dron problem. Attached catch of the problem. Thanks in advance .

">

">

">

">

">

">

">
2017-10-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Lexar cards seem to be problematic when used in DJI aircraft. Try a Sandisk Extreme Pro series card, they are usually very reliable.
2017-10-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Geebax is spot on.  Follow his advice and your problem will be solved.
2017-10-18
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-18 15:46
Lexar cards seem to be problematic when used in DJI aircraft. Try a Sandisk Extreme Pro series card, they are usually very reliable.

thanks geebax I'll follow your advice and I'll tell you if it works
2017-10-18
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-18 15:50
Geebax is spot on.  Follow his advice and your problem will be solved.

Thanks Alabama for your advice, I will.
2017-10-18
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Thanks Geebax..... good info....
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Change to another recommended SD card will be helpful to verify the issue. Please let us know whether it works.
2017-10-18
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-18 19:16
Change to another recommended SD card will be helpful to verify the issue. Please let us know whether it works.

Thanks Susan for the attention, this weekend I'll buy the card and I'll try to see if it works and I'll tell you something.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Manuklx Posted at 2017-10-19 03:28
Thanks Susan for the attention, this weekend I'll buy the card and I'll try to see if it works and I'll tell you something.

Please keep us posted whenever you have the chance.
2017-10-19
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

I am sad today because after following your advice the problem persists.
Buy the new card that I recommend geebax I put it correctly in the phantom and just start and I said the message "sd card invalid".
Try formatting from the dji go app and it did not format. Also try resetting camera and when I do that seems to fix the problem but the minute comes back out the error. Then format it from the pc in fat32 and slow format. Neither works. Attached some photos and videos for more information. Waiting for your response.

">

">

">

">

[media=x,970,580][/media]

As you can see in the video, the minute of attempt to record jumps the message of sd card invalid and although the recording button is active the time does not elapse.

[media=x,970,580][/media]

With this card is even worse than with the lexar.
It's the third one I try. Lexar, sandisk, samsung.

2017-10-21
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Manuklx Posted at 2017-10-21 15:55
I am sad today because after following your advice the problem persists.
Buy the new card that I recommend geebax I put it correctly in the phantom and just start and I said the message "sd card invalid".
Try formatting from the dji go app and it did not format. Also try resetting camera and when I do that seems to fix the problem but the minute comes back out the error. Then format it from the pc in fat32 and slow format. Neither works. Attached some photos and videos for more information. Waiting for your response.

Thanks for getting back to us. Just to verify, all the SD cards were purchased from local formal shopping malls, right? In theory, it supports Micro-SD cards with Class 10 grade or above and write speeds above 60 Mbps (Note the write speed. Normally average, max. write speed or read speed is labeled in products). The SD card of poor quality may affect recording. To confirm the exact status, contacting a local authorized dealer is helpful to verify at your convenience. Alternatively, you can start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis.
2017-10-21
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-19 13:55
Please keep us posted whenever you have the chance.

Hi Jamie, I think I've done everything I could before I opened a case. I guess Dji will take care of the repair costs since the dron is under warranty.
As I am from Spain my dron corresponds to send it to the technical service of Holland.
How long do you think it will take the whole process?
I feel sad because since I bought it I had problems and I relied on DJI because I thought it was synonymous with warranty.
Greetings and thank you.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Manuklx Posted at 2017-10-22 12:33
Hi Jamie, I think I've done everything I could before I opened a case. I guess Dji will take care of the repair costs since the dron is under warranty.
As I am from Spain my dron corresponds to send it to the technical service of Holland.
How long do you think it will take the whole process?

Have you sent the drone in? The drone needs to be evaluated after it arrives, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within the warranty period. We will do our best to get it resolved shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-10-22
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-22 21:19
Have you sent the drone in? The drone needs to be evaluated after it arrives, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within the warranty period. We will do our best to get it resolved shortly. Appreciate your patience.

So be it!!!
I have not yet commanded it. I'm going to open the case today. Thank you for the attention, Miss Diana.
2017-10-23
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

So be it!!!
I have not yet commanded it. I'm going to open the case today. Thank you for the attention, Miss Diana.
2017-10-23
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

So be it!!!

2017-10-23
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

So be it!!!
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Manuklx Posted at 2017-10-23 03:34
So be it!!!

Good to hear, the Suppor Center will have you up an running in no time.
2017-10-23
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

Can you help me with a question?
I have to send to the technical service the complete dron with battery, radio control and propellers?
Also the micro SD that gives me the problem?
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Manuklx Posted at 2017-10-25 16:27
Can you help me with a question?
I have to send to the technical service the complete dron with battery, radio control and propellers?
Also the micro SD that gives me the problem?

If you have tried plenty of SD cards, you can just send the drone body in. We will take care of it when it arrives. Appreciate your patience.
2017-10-25
Use props
zazaki
lvl.1

Switzerland

I am encountering the same issue on a Phantom 3 SE. I have got the same persistent error when trying to film in 4K ; with different SD card brands. "SD card invalid" & no timelapse

I have tried 2 Sandisk Extreme Pro ; 1 Sandisk Ultra class 10 ; 1 Samsung Evo+

Only a Kingston class 4 is able to shoot in 4k. Otherwise the drone flies perfectly well.

Any news about the problem? My concern is that I bought the drone in China and I live in Europe.
2017-11-28
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

zazaki Posted at 2017-11-28 06:13
I am encountering the same issue on a Phantom 3 SE. I have got the same persistent error when trying to film in 4K ; with different SD card brands. "SD card invalid" & no timelapse

Hello Zazaki, my ghost has returned from repaired technical service but now I have other problems. I had to update it to be able to fly because the app was asking for it and I did not connect without updating. After putting the new firmware the device goes off without more when you want . and it loses video signal many times. I hope your experience is not as negative as mine and help you solve your problem.
For my part I am very disillusioned with DJI. I would have liked to evolve to phantom 4 but after this experience I do not think so.
A greeting zazaki.
2017-11-30
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

Can you go back to the firmware you had before sending it to the technical service?
At least before the sd did not work but flew very far and without signal cuts.
If someone can help me, I'll be grateful.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Manuklx Posted at 2017-11-30 05:25
Can you go back to the firmware you had before sending it to the technical service?
At least before the sd did not work but flew very far and without signal cuts.
If someone can help me, I'll be grateful.

Manuklx, I am afraid that P3SE doesn't support firmware downgrade. Please kindly send the drone back so we can help to take care of it. Thank you for your understanding.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

zazaki Posted at 2017-11-28 06:13

Hi Zazaki, I would like to know more info about your case, coz you mentioned you are not able to film in 4K. When you said this, is it that when you select 4K, the SD card gives you the message "SD card invalid" or I misunderstood you.
Please try to do a camera reset, or format the SD card on the PC and try again.
Besides, we suggest using SD card with Class 10/UHS-1 and above and writing speed with 60Mbps. Please kindly choose original SD card from the SD card company, which can ensure the full test of its stability and compatibility.
If the issue persists, please send the drone back for us to do an overall check. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-30
Use props
zazaki
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-30 19:17
Hi Zazaki, I would like to know more info about your case, coz you mentioned you are not able to film in 4K. When you said this, is it that when you select 4K, the SD card gives you the message "SD card invalid" or I misunderstood you.
Please try to do a camera reset, or format the SD card on the PC and try again.
Besides, we suggest using SD card with Class 10/UHS-1 and above and writing speed with 60Mbps. Please kindly choose original SD card from the SD card company, which can ensure the full test of its stability and compatibility.

When I try to film in 4k, what basically happens is as follow. I touch the record button on the DJI app ; the button becomes square ; the timecode stay indefinitely at 00:00:00 ; when I try to press the red square button, nothing happens ; it stays as a red square button. Then when I quit the app and relaunch it, it say "SD-card invalid".

I TRIED TO RE-FORMAT ON THE APP ("FORMAT FAILED", RIGHT AFTER THE BUG DESCRIBED BEFORE)

I TRIED TO FORMAT ON PC (FOLLOWING DIFFERENT METHOD) ; MAC

MY SD CARD PROVIDER IN SWITZERLAND IS A SERIOUS ONE

I TRIED EVERYTHING. ONLY AN "OLD" KINGSTON CLASS4 IS ABLE TO SHOOT IN 4K

I TOO HAVE SMALL NUMEROUS DISCONNECTION WHEN FLYING LIKE 250 METER

I have re-start entirely the drone each time i want to fly, because I always got the flight limitation working in background (even when not active)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Hx/view?usp=sharing
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

zazaki Posted at 2017-12-4 01:31
When I try to film in 4k, what basically happens is as follow. I touch the record button on the DJI app ; the button becomes square ; the timecode stay indefinitely at 00:00:00 ; when I try to press the red square button, nothing happens ; it stays as a red square button. Then when I quit the app and relaunch it, it say "SD-card invalid".

I TRIED TO RE-FORMAT ON THE APP ("FORMAT FAILED", RIGHT AFTER THE BUG DESCRIBED BEFORE)

Thanks for your video, will forward it to our engineers to check. And for the Timelapse, it means timed-shot, intervals, you can select it on the camera settings when you are in Photo mode.
2017-12-4
Use props
zazaki
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 18:42
Thanks for your video, will forward it to our engineers to check. And for the Timelapse, it means timed-shot, intervals, you can select it on the camera settings when you are in Photo mode.

Thanks for the hyper reactive support
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

zazaki Posted at 2017-12-5 02:39
Thanks for the hyper reactive support

Hi there, it is confirmed by our engineers that it needs to be repaired. Could you please send it back so we can take care of it? Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Please also PM me your case number once you get one. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules