Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IPhone 8 Plus NOT Compatible with DJI GO app
12Next >
16710 79 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0DAY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458238 ft
United States

After hours of troubleshooting, reloading the DJI app. Updating and re-updating the firmware, and reading these Forum posts, I have concluded the IPhone 8 plus is NOT currently compatilbe with the IPhone 8 plus.

I am running.
IOS version 11.1 (15B5078e)
Model MQ992LL/A
Iphone 8 Plus.

I either get one of the following when trying to connect with my Mavic Pro.

1.) App just crashed
2.) App loads but gives a black screen
3.) App connects and immediately give a full screen Video of the camera but app control is lost.
4.) App loads but freezes.
5.) App loads but camera view is black

DJI please look into this. I would have suspected with a rolloout of a new Iphone that you would have assummed many people would upgrade their phones. I have no solution to this or or older phone to roll back to.  So I am without the use of my Mavic Pro.

Fail

2017-10-18
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

You wrote DJI Go.  Just to be certain, did you actually use the DJI Go app, or the DJI Go4 App?  Phantom uses DJI Go, Mavic uses DJI Go4.
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad I didn't upgrade; what a pain.
2017-10-18
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RESET EVERTYHING! reinstall but DON'T UPGRADE. If it connects and everything is working fine then keep it and DON'T  upgrade until DJI solve the kinks!
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the connecting issue, please try to reinstall the app, reboot the mobile device, or try to refresh the mobile device's system. Besides, if it is possible, could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to look into?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

Connect to iTunes and click “Sync”. (The backup and synchronization steps can be skipped while diagnostics cannot.)

For Mac, go to ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/.
For Windows, go to C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\.

Open the “Device’s Name” (“XXX’s iPhone”) folder and check whether there is a crash file of which the name starts with “accessory” or “iap”. If yes, please upload the files to Dropbox and provide me with the link. Thank you so much.
2017-10-18
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 18:50
For the connecting issue, please try to reinstall the app, reboot the mobile device, or try to refresh the mobile device's system. Besides, if it is possible, could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to look into?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

There in NO C1 options.
This is an IPhone 8+ aka IPhone 8 plus.
I have done the following:

1.) Hard Reset of the phone
2.) Reinstalled the App
3.)  Rebooted over and over agin
4.) Reinstalled the Mavic pro firmware several times
5.) Updated the DJI app on the IPhone multiple times
6.) Rebooted the IPhone again.

I am not sure why you make references to check for crash files or looking on the filesystem of the IPhone? I don't believe you can do this unless the phone is jailbroken. If there is a way please advise what you suggest ?

Very sad I can not use the Mavic Pro anymore now that I have an IPhone 8 plus.

2017-10-19
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Good to know, I was about to upgrade phones and also just ordered my mavic.  I will just stick with the Iphone 7 for now.
2017-10-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought iOS 11.1 was the Apple Beta release, that's perhaps why it's not working. Current formal release is 11.0.3.
2017-10-19
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

iOS 11.1,
With release version he stated is public Beta but I don’t know if that’s an issue or not.  I am currently running Developer Beta 11.1 Beta 4 and have not encountered any problem on any of my devices — but I do not have an 8 or 8+.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-19 16:20
There in NO C1 options.

Thank you so much of your feedback. Now we have an update from our engineers: Hi, this issue may case by iOS 11, you can try upgrade to iOS 11.1 beta 3, now we are talking to apple to solve this issue. Thank you.
2017-10-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cannot understand why you are having this much trouble. Have you considered returning your iPhone 8+ for another one?

I commented to you on my post with a screenshot of my software version / FW. I am on iOS 11.0.03 as of 2 days ago.  Only had the DJI Go 4 App crash once, but most likely a fluke. it was rock solid yesterday

Rich
2017-10-20
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-20 07:31
I cannot understand why you are having this much trouble. Have you considered returning your iPhone 8+ for another one?

I commented to you on my post with a screenshot of my software version / FW. I am on iOS 11.0.03 as of 2 days ago.  Only had the DJI Go 4 App crash once, but most likely a fluke. it was rock solid yesterday

Is there a reason you haven't upgraded your IPhone 8+ to IOS 11.1. Unfortunately my came with IOS 11.1 not 11.0.x like you are using? Perhaps the problems were introduced with the newer IOS?
Can you possibly upgrade your IPhone to the newest IOS to see if there is a difference ?

Thanks
2017-10-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

There in NO C1 options.

When you back up your iPhone with iTunes, logs are stored to your computer in the locations DJI Thor noted, getting these to DJI can really help their developers understand what is happening.
2017-10-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-20 16:00
Is there a reason you haven't upgraded your IPhone 8+ to IOS 11.1. Unfortunately my came with IOS 11.1 not 11.0.x like you are using? Perhaps the problems were introduced with the newer IOS?
Can you possibly upgrade your IPhone to the newest IOS to see if there is a difference ?

Hi ODAY

Based on my settings and going to the software tab. my iPhone is on the latest version iOS 11.0.03 see screen shot.

Am I missing something?

Also, Thor's instructions for getting the log files are located on your PC or MAC and this does not require jail breaking anything on  your phone. I looked on my log files, nothing is there for the latest version of the Go 4 App. (no errors)
Rich
Image-1.jpg
2017-10-20
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552569 ft
Sri Lanka

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-20 17:16
Hi ODAY

Based on my settings and going to the software tab. my iPhone is on the latest version iOS 11.0.03  see screen shot.

To get 11.1 beta I think you have to become part of beta testers group. Or maybe latest iPhone 8 and 8+ already comes with 11.1. For general users the latest is what you have 11.0.3
2017-10-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ColomboPilot Posted at 2017-10-20 21:22
To get 11.1 beta I think you have to become part of beta testers group. Or maybe latest iPhone 8 and 8+ already comes with 11.1. For general users the latest is what you have 11.0.3

I am not part of the beta testing group and only using the currently released version from Apple. I guess 11.0.03 is working for me and do not need to get the beta version. I had only one glitch the other day and have not seen anything since.

Thanks for clarifying this for me

my phone is only 2 weeks old and it came with iOS 11.0 and it shipped directly from Apple.
Rich
2017-10-20
Use props
fans8330f75b
New
United States

Running iPhone 8+ and iPad Pro with the same (multiple at this point) iOS 11.1 beta versions. iPhone crashes or has non-functional black screen - iPad works as expected. Same version (latest) of Go 4 app and Mavic Pro firmware.
2017-10-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Take away from this thread, is all IOS 11.0.3 users who want to fly DJI drones using the DJI Go4 ap - DO NOT UPGRADE TO IOS 11.1 just yet

2017-10-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-10-21 07:26
Take away from this thread, is all IOS 11.0.3 users who want to fly DJI drones using the DJI Go4 ap - DO NOT UPGRADE TO IOS 11.1 just yet

I would go further and recommend everyone stick to 10.x until DJI resolves the many issues, unless you enjoy living dangerously. I'd revert if I could, even though I very much enjoy the new OS, I'd rather fly with no worries of screen lockups or video feed fails. iPhone 7 AT&T here.
2017-10-21
Use props
fans8330f75b
New
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-10-21 07:26

Same issues on 11.0.x so I’m not sure it’s ios 11.1 that’s the problem.
2017-10-21
Use props
jmaurophoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440758 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue with mu new iPhone 8. Everything is on the latest update: iPhone, GO 4 app, Phantom 4 Pro, and RC. It works fine on my iPhone 5s, which has also been updated to the latest iOS, but I really prefer to us the iPhone 8 and the bigger screen. I have also used it with my Samsung Tab A Android tablet using the GO 4 app. It works, but the display sucks. It seems like there is interference and it corrupts the display, making it difficult at best to see what the drone see through the camera.
2017-10-21
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-20 17:16
Hi ODAY

Based on my settings and going to the software tab. my iPhone is on the latest version iOS 11.0.03  see screen shot.

IOS 11.1 is ONLY available on certain models of Iphone. I have an IPhone 8 Plus and it will run on that.  If you have another model of hardware you will have to research if IOS 11.1 is compatible or not.  If you do indeed have an IPhone 8 you will eventually get prompted to upgrade. Sometimes depending on how you have your phone configured you will NEED TO BE CONNECTED to WIRELESS to get the update.

Hopefully this helps?
Oday
REMEMBER - It clearly appears that IOS 11.1 and the IPhone 8 are NOT COMPATIBLE - so don't upgrade if you want to use your DJI
2017-10-21
Use props
Raw1261
lvl.2
United States

i have tried 11.1 beta 4 and went to the 11.0 commercial using a iPhone 6 plus and getting the same issues. soon as MPP turns on DJI GO 4 APP is non responsive at all to touch
SMDH
2017-10-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-21 14:29
IOS 11.1 is ONLY available on certain models of Iphone. I have an IPhone 8 Plus and it will run on that.  If you have another model of hardware you will have to research if IOS 11.1 is compatible or not.  If you do indeed have an IPhone 8 you will eventually get prompted to upgrade. Sometimes depending on how you have your phone configured you will NEED TO BE CONNECTED to WIRELESS to get the update.

Hopefully this helps?

okay, I got it... I will stick with iOS 11.0.03 on my 8 + and wait for DJI  developers to fix the Go 4 App

Rich
2017-10-22
Use props
fans847324fc
New
Flight distance : 15961 ft
United States

Seems I'm a lucky one with Rich above. I can confirm everything is running well on iOS 11.0.3 on Iphone 8 Plus. Flying Phantom 4 Pro. In fact its been the least laggy I've ever flown, screen was extremely fluid. Upgraded from on Iphone 6.
2017-10-22
Use props
Phoenix Flight
New
Flight distance : 15961 ft
United States

fans847324fc Posted at 2017-10-22 09:02
Seems I'm a lucky one with Rich above. I can confirm everything is running well on iOS 11.0.3 on Iphone 8 Plus. Flying Phantom 4 Pro. In fact its been the least laggy I've ever flown, screen was extremely fluid. Upgraded from on Iphone 6.

Forget it, I see now this is a MAVIC only thing. Maybe that's part of the issue then.
2017-10-22
Use props
jayhawkkg
New
United States

I'm having issues with my iPhone 8 plus and Mavic Pro/DJI Go4 app.

The aircraft will power up and everything works fine.  Then I'll takeoff and get about 20 seconds of flight before the app shows "aircraft disconnected" and I get a black screen.  The aircraft is still flying fine and I have complete control via the controller, but I have no visual info.  

I swapped out my new 8 Plus with my son's 6S that I used prior to upgrading and everything worked fine.  

I'm on an 8 Plus running iOS 11.0.3 (15A432) and updated all DJI apps when I did the switch.  

I'm going to assume this issue won't be fixed by next weekend when I'm planning my next flight/video shoot.  Looks like I'll be back to the 6s running iOS 10.
2017-10-22
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

jayhawkkg Posted at 2017-10-22 18:39
I'm having issues with my iPhone 8 plus and Mavic Pro/DJI Go4 app.

The aircraft will power up and everything works fine.  Then I'll takeoff and get about 20 seconds of flight before the app shows "aircraft disconnected" and I get a black screen.  The aircraft is still flying fine and I have complete control via the controller, but I have no visual info.  

It would be nice if DJI gave us an idea of how long they think it's going to take to fix this issue and or at least confirming they acknowledge it and are working on it !
This sucks.  I Need to see if I can get it taken off of Apples list of compatible software until its fixed.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-23 13:34
It would be nice if DJI gave us an idea of how long they think it's going to take to fix this issue and or at least confirming they acknowledge it and are working on it !
This sucks.  I Need to see if I can get it taken off of Apples list of compatible software until its fixed.

The connection problem seems an issue in iOS 11.0, 11.0.1 & 11.0.2, now we are talking with Apple about this issue and hope it can be fixed on iOS 11.1, and for now, you can try to install iOS 11.1 beta 3 for this issue.
2017-10-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

iOS 11.1 beta 4 works fine for me, iPad Pro 10.5, dji go4, dji go and litchi all work great....
2017-10-24
Use props
fans8330f75b
New
United States

Latest app update does not seem to fix the issue with iPhone 8+
2017-10-25
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

fans8330f75b Posted at 2017-10-25 03:49
Latest app update does not seem to fix the issue with iPhone 8+

Confirmed it DOES NOT FIX the Mavick Pro issue. I didn't think it would since it really only made reference to the SPARK but I was hoping they would address it somehow. Same problem exists.

THE MAVICK PRO and IPHONE 8 with DJI GO 4 app are NOT COMPATIBLE. ***** BEWARE ******
No more flying time and no response from DJI

2017-10-25
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

IOS 10.0.3 didn't fix the connectivity problem with the iPhone 8? My understanding was that it did.
2017-10-25
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

There in NO C1 options.

sadly in the same bout
2017-10-27
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

the other thread on this says someone downloaded the 11.2 beta and it worked - good luck trying to find the download though
2017-10-27
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

I noticed a new app update earlier today, still no worky
2017-10-27
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

I'm not finding where DJI states GO 4 is compatible with beta versions of any iOS. Someone please point me in the right direction. If you're not a dev what's the point in running unstable / glitchy beta firmware versions only to complain things aren't working properly. I'm running iOS 11.0.3 on my 64GB iPhone 8 Plus with DJI GO 4 latest version 4.1.15 installed. I'm connected using an Apple USB to lightning cable (not using the piece of crap micro USB to lightning supplied by DJI) and everything works perfectly. Maybe I got lucky, but to me it sounds like a beta issue not a hardware issue.

2017-10-28
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

fallsilent Posted at 2017-10-28 01:52
I'm not finding where DJI states GO 4 is compatible with beta versions of any iOS. Someone please point me in the right direction. If you're not a dev what's the point in running unstable / glitchy beta firmware versions only to complain things aren't working properly. I'm running iOS 11.0.3 on my 64GB iPhone 8 Plus with DJI GO 4 latest version 4.1.15 installed. I'm connected using an Apple USB to lightning cable (not using the piece of crap micro USB to lightning supplied by DJI) and everything works perfectly. Maybe I got lucky, but to me it sounds like a beta issue not a hardware issue.

The answer for me and probably most people is that the IPhone 8 plus.. (that's what I have) was shipped with IOS 11.1.  There are however many other users that have the IPhone 8 and IOS 11.0.3 and still are experiencing the same crashing/non functional issues. I think you may just be luck even though I am not sure why there would be a deviation with your setup as it matches what others do besides that you are using an Apple lightning cable.
So my questions to you are the following:

1.) Are you using a Mavic Pro (It has been insignuated that the problem may just be with the Mavic Pro/Phone8/DJI GO 4 app?
2.) What connecter/converter/brand are you using to convert the lighting cable normal USB connector to a mini usb which is what the controller uses?

Your input would help us narrow this down greatly.

Oday
2017-10-28
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-28 12:32
The answer for me and probably most people is that the IPhone 8 plus.. (that's what I have) was shipped with IOS 11.1.  There are however many other users that have the IPhone 8 and IOS 11.0.3 and still are experiencing the same crashing/non functional issues. I think you may just be luck even though I am not sure why there would be a deviation with your setup as it matches what others do besides that you are using an Apple lightning cable.
So my questions to you are the following:

I had no idea there was a full USB port under the controller. It looks like this fixes the problem. So the problem must be with the cable or the micro USB port.
Going outside to test it.

2017-10-28
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-28 12:59
I had no idea there was a full USB port under the controller. It looks like this fixes the problem. So the problem must be with the cable or the micro USB port.
Going outside to test it.

Using the USB port  UNDERNEATH the controller allows you to fly the Mavic Pro again! Thank you @Fallsilient for the idea!
2017-10-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules