16727 79 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-28 13:16
Using the USB port  UNDERNEATH the controller allows you to fly the Mavic Pro again! Thank you @Fallsilient for the idea!

No problem. It is a known issue on these forums that using the micro USB cable supplied with the Mavic coupled with the micro USB port on the side of the controller is not very stable. I'm glad you're up and going again.

I do have one question for you. Did you buy your iPhone 8 plus directly from Apple? I'm asking because I have never ever heard of Apple shipping any piece of hardware with beta software. Are you sure it's iOS 11.1 and not 11.0.1? Just curious.
2017-10-28
Use props
fansc0544422
New
United States

i have noticed the app seems to not support iOS 11.1. same issues with me. the app will open but freezes, I can see preview but cannot press anything on the screen. very frustrating!
2017-10-28
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458238 ft
United States

fallsilent Posted at 2017-10-28 19:40
No problem. It is a known issue on these forums that using the micro USB cable supplied with the Mavic coupled with the micro USB port on the side of the controller is not very stable. I'm glad you're up and going again.

I do have one question for you. Did you buy your iPhone 8 plus directly from Apple? I'm asking because I have never ever heard of Apple shipping any piece of hardware with beta software. Are you sure it's iOS 11.1 and not 11.0.1? Just curious.

Bought the IPhone from Verizon directly.
2017-10-29
Use props
fansa86e1b73
New
United States

I can upload the App, and get it to start on my iPhone 8 Plus, but it will not let me sign in. It will take my email, but will not let me put in my password. I am stuck.
2017-10-29
Use props
Tadaima
New
United States

fansa86e1b73 Posted at 2017-10-29 11:44
I can upload the App, and get it to start on my iPhone 8 Plus, but it will not let me sign in. It will take my email, but will not let me put in my password. I am stuck.

Ok, I got  the app to load upon reinstall in my iPhone 8+. The App found my Mavic, but the camera won't register. I flew as a cameraless drone.... and this was before I uploaded 11.0.3 system update.
2017-10-30
Use props
fanse43596e4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202887 ft
United Kingdom

Just to support what someone else on this thread said, I had the same problems as others have experienced running iOS 11 on an iPhone 8+ I tried a regular lightning connector going from the phone into the full sized USB port and everything works perfectly. A bit annoying as I don't really want a long white lead trailing under the controller but, for the time being, a workaround.
2017-10-30
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

fanse43596e4 Posted at 2017-10-30 07:43
Just to support what someone else on this thread said, I had the same problems as others have experienced running iOS 11 on an iPhone 8+ I tried a regular lightning connector going from the phone into the full sized USB port and everything works perfectly. A bit annoying as I don't really want a long white lead trailing under the controller but, for the time being, a workaround.

I will try the main usb plug again, however the first try didn't work . . .
2017-10-30
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Works fine on my iPhone 8 Plus...
2017-10-30
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-10-30 13:28
Works fine on my iPhone 8 Plus...

Posting your exact configuration will help DJI resolve the problem.
Please post.
  • IOS version
  • Model of IPHONE 8
  • Model of Drone.
  • Which USB port is being used between phone and controller.
  • Symptoms of any problems if present.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansc0544422 Posted at 2017-10-28 19:54
i have noticed the app seems to not support iOS 11.1. same issues with me. the app will open but freezes, I can see preview but cannot press anything on the screen. very frustrating!

What is the APP version? Have you upgraded it to v4.1.15?
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tadaima Posted at 2017-10-30 06:17
Ok, I got  the app to load upon reinstall in my iPhone 8+. The App found my Mavic, but the camera won't register. I flew as a cameraless drone.... and this was before I uploaded 11.0.3 system update.

Have you got any error message? Could you please provide some screenshots about this issue for better assistance?
2017-10-31
Use props
fans146d86c2
New
United States

I own an iphone 8 plus and everything worked okay with my mavic pro
2017-11-1
Use props
robarias
New

United States

Try this:

Ok so having spent the better part of the afternoon trying multiple solutions here is what has worked for my ipad pro 10.5 and iPhone 8+ both running ios 11.1 and DJO go app version 4.1.15.

Step by step guide, needs to be followed in order or it seems to not work:

- Delete dji app from ios device
- reboot device
- reinstall app
-reboot device
- turn on mavic
- Open app and connect to controller
- turn on controller
- when ready, select "enter device"
- go to the camera tab under settings in the dji app, and select "reset camera settings"
- go to the custom controls area and set the "C1" to not identified.  Basically leave the c1 setting blank.
- Go and fly...
2017-11-2
Use props
InTERpLAY
New
Flight distance : 65689 ft
Bulgaria

Here is my experience related to this issue:
When i was trying to connect DJI GO 4 app with my iPhone(i tried small and big USB ports, with different cables) - the APP does not recognize connection between phone and controller at all, no green dot, no blue aura around "Enter device >" button.
Environment details: iPhone 7 128 GB, iOS v.11.0.3, DJI GO 4 version 4.1.15
... then i updated my iOS version to 11.1.0 and this fix the issue. Now i am able to connect phone to controller but steel not tested in flight.
2017-11-3
Use props
medialegend
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202887 ft
United Kingdom

InTERpLAY Posted at 2017-11-3 06:39
Here is my experience related to this issue:
When i was trying to connect DJI GO 4 app with my iPhone(i tried small and big USB ports, with different cables) - the APP does not recognize connection between phone and controller at all, no green dot, no blue aura around "Enter device >" button.
Environment details: iPhone 7 128 GB, iOS v.11.0.3, DJI GO 4 version 4.1.15

Sorry if this seems obvious but you did remove the small USB from the controller socket before you tried to use the larger connector? If not, it won't work.
2017-11-3
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

fanse43596e4 Posted at 2017-10-30 07:43

I did the same thing, but bought a 12 inch cable.  Nice to have that  solid connection without a lot of extra wire.
2017-11-3
Use props
InTERpLAY
New
Flight distance : 65689 ft
Bulgaria

medialegend Posted at 2017-11-3 08:13
Sorry if this seems obvious but you did remove the small USB from the controller socket before you tried to use the larger connector? If not, it won't work.

I've tried both options - with small cable plugged in and without small cable at all.
2017-11-3
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

InTERpLAY Posted at 2017-11-3 14:26
I've tried both options - with small cable plugged in and without small cable at all.

The new VERSION of IOS 11.2 Beta 2 reintroduces the problem AND now I CAN NOT USE THE second USB solution either !  Double screw!
2017-11-3
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 18:50
For the connecting issue, please try to reinstall the app, reboot the mobile device, or try to refresh the mobile device's system. Besides, if it is possible, could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to look into?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

How would you like me to privately send you the link?
2017-11-3
Use props
spiest78
New
Flight distance : 57034 ft
United Kingdom

For what it's worth, it IS working if I set the Mavic Pro to WiFi mode (switch on the aircraft)

I have an iPhone 8 Plus, running iOS 11.1 with all software updated, incl DJI Go App 4. I cannot connect to the aircraft, said Mavic Pro, using either the mini cable on the RC nor via a standard Apple USB to Lightning cable via the bottom USB port on the remote. No matter what I do, it won't connect.

DJI Customer Service informed me that the iPhone 8 Plus is not supported, which is a standard answer... I tried my iPhone 5S, also on iOS 11.1 and it also won't connect.
Their helpdesk quality is very poor.. only standard answers at the level of "did you plug in the power cable"

HOWEVER, when I switch to WiFi mode, I am able to connect on my iPhone 8 Plus and everything is normal. Of course, I don't want to fly in WiFi mode, but just saying: it works.

Which leads me to believe it is an iOS 11(.1) cable/driver issue. Because: It worked fine on iOS 10.x. Now it doesn't, on two different phones on iOS 11. It doesn't work on either cable, Apple official USB to Lightning cable nor the mini usb cable to lightning on the remote. And WiFi connection does work. That does not leave many options open :-)

2017-11-6
Use props
fansb393c839
lvl.1
United States

@DJI Thor.     Or anybody really.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

While running iOS 11.0 and earlier I was able to fly my mavic and use the DJI go 4 app problem free.

This past Friday night I updated my iPhone to 11.1
Saturday I had my drone in my backpack, hiked miles into the woods to get the shot I wanted & the app does not work.

It connects, when I click start flight it loads the camera screen so I can see what the camera see’s
But all the options that are normally displayed on the screen are all gone. Well most of them, the only controls I am left with is the camera flip button, the camera settings button, and the playback button.
     None of these buttons are responsive. And after having the app open for a few seconds it just crashes anyway.

Back to my @DJI Thor .... I followed the instructions on locating the diagnostic files / crash files from my phone for the app that you had posted.

I have them on my desk top, is there anyway I can email you these? Or a certain place you would like me to post them on here?

This is my first time posting.

Oh, and as far as trouble shooting this problem I deleted / reinstalled the app. -didn’t work. And reset my phone -didn’t work.

Thanks.

Here’s a screen shot of what I seeing when I connect to my mavic to start flight. As I said these buttons are not responsive and the app crashes within a minute.
DEFB95A1-034B-4916-8619-C6BE7BAE5197.png
2017-11-7
Use props
fansb393c839
lvl.1
United States

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

While running iOS 11.0 and earlier I was able to fly my mavic and use the DJI go 4 app problem free.

Saturday I had my drone in my backpack, hiked miles into the woods to get the shot I wanted & the app does not work.

It connects, when I click start flight it loads the camera screen so I can see what the camera see’s
But all the options that are normally displayed on the screen are all gone. Well most of them, the only controls I am left with is the camera flip button, the camera settings button, and the playback button.
     None of these buttons are responsive. And after having the app open for a few seconds it just crashes anyway.

Back to my @DJI Thor .... I followed the instructions on locating the diagnostic files / crash files from my phone for the app that you had posted.

I have them on my desk top, is there anyway I can email you these? Or a certain place you would like me to post them on here?

Oh, and as far as trouble shooting this problem I deleted / reinstalled the app. -didn’t work. And reset my phone -didn’t work.

Thanks.

Here’s a screen shot of what I seeing when I connect to my mavic to start flight. As I said these buttons are not responsive and the app crashes within a minute.
2017-11-7
Use props
fansb393c839
lvl.1
United States

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

Thanks.

2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

0DAY Posted at 2017-11-3 16:38
How would you like me to privately send you the link?

I replied you on another thread, our engineers are working hard on it. Hope it will be addressed soon.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansb393c839 Posted at 2017-11-7 14:48

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

Hi, I had replied your OP, please check.
2017-11-8
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270469 ft
Hong Kong

i have bought a new iPhone 8 plus over the weekend. It comes by default with iOS 11.1.
I use a standard Apple usb to lightning cable to connect the phone to my Mavic Pro.

Unfortunately the DJI Go 4 app wont connect to the drone. I also have an IPad running iOS 11.0.2
When I change the connection of the lightning cable to the iPad, the Mavic immediately connects.

After reading the above discussions it looks like there  is clearly an issue with the iPhone 8 and iOS 11.1

Can DJI help so I can fly my expensive drone again ASAP? Thanks
2017-11-12
Use props
Ivar Contreras
New
Flight distance : 38094 ft
Mexico

I have the same problem with my P3S, any solution for the moment?
2017-11-17
Use props
MWDesign
lvl.1
Flight distance : 554705 ft
Australia

New version of DJI GO just arrived on iOS (v4.1.18) which works with my 8+
Can finally enjoy my new phone with my drone!
2017-11-17
Use props
fans89e0bd5f
lvl.1
United States

MWDesign Posted at 2017-11-17 21:07
New version of DJI GO just arrived on iOS (v4.1.18) which works with my 8+
Can finally enjoy my new phone with my drone!

I have that version and it is not working, it is as if the remote control did not connect
2017-11-24
Use props
fans89e0bd5f
lvl.1
United States

Today I bought the mavic pro white and an iphone 8+ and when I connect it worked perfect but after I made the update on the phone I stop working, it is as if I did not connect the remote control with the iphone, on the iphone I have version 11.1 .2 and in dji go 4.1.18
2017-11-24
Use props
DMTCOV 8
lvl.1
United States

Had issue with the DJI go 4 app with iOS 11.1.2 Only status in App was disconnected. Updated to iOS 11.2 and immediately connected. I did have an initial slow connect for live camera view but just waited and the view came on. Now after restart all connects and loads correctly
2017-12-3
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans89e0bd5f Posted at 2017-11-24 18:36
Today I bought the mavic pro white and an iphone 8+ and when I connect it worked perfect but after I made the update on the phone I stop working, it is as if I did not connect the remote control with the iphone, on the iphone I have version 11.1 .2 and in dji go 4.1.18

I had the same problem. Updated to IOS 11.2 and all works good.
2017-12-3
Use props
CookieUK
New
Flight distance : 85 ft

United Kingdom

i have i phon8 plus, Iphone x , ipad pro, ipad mini - all running latest ios 11.2.1 (15c153) . ALL  worked with my mavic pro until today, now the only kit that will connect is the iphone X .
all the others simply say - Not Connected. Rebooted everything multiple times ,upgraded all firmware if available . What’s really going on please?
same outcome using RC USB at base for all items.
2017-12-23
Use props
Randy Fonda
New
United States

Do the 11.2.1 update. It will get you going.
2018-1-6
Use props
rhinostudio
lvl.1
United States

I'm using the iPhone 8+ on a dji phantom 3P with the dji go app. No far no problem.my version IOS is  11.2.1 (15C153) on a Sprint network, I'm using P3X_FW_V01.11.0020 version on the DJI go app and so far no Problem
2018-1-8
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven’t read all this thread but I do know that with the MPP I had to update to a new phone which is s just the iPhone 8 ( not the plus) and all works good. I had a lot of issues with my iPhone 6 shouting down, locking up and not turning back on, also was receiving CPU notifications on the DJI GO4 App screen, I believe Apple slowed down the processor on the last few updates. With the new iPhone 8 it is working great. Just thought I would throw this out there in case someone else was having issues with older iPhones.
2018-1-8
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-20 07:31
I cannot understand why you are having this much trouble. Have you considered returning your iPhone 8+ for another one?

I commented to you on my post with a screenshot of my software version / FW. I am on iOS 11.0.03 as of 2 days ago.  Only had the DJI Go 4 App crash once, but most likely a fluke. it was rock solid yesterday

Phew ... just lashed out on an iPhone 8+ for the extra screen real estate and improved CPU specifically with drone flying in mind ... my heart was racing for a second there!
2018-2-23
Use props
rhinostudio
lvl.1
United States

Im flying with my iPhone 8 plus and a iPad 5th generation and no problems but I did notice  that both devices get really hot in 1 flight.
2018-9-16
Use props
EKMurakami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165079 ft

United States

Just got an iphone 8 plus.

I was going crazy trying to get app to display the camera.  It would only show how to connect to the drone.

Someone posted to change the wire from the phone to the remote controller.

it works now!
2020-2-17
Use props
EKMurakami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165079 ft

United States

Try changing out the lightning plus.  I hope it works for you.  It worked for me.
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules