2645 21 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crammm69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4596 ft
United States

Hi Everybody,
Brand new here. I had a dji spark for a few days with the fly more combo and the controller stopped syncing. DJI wanted me to send it in for repair, but because I had just purchased it I contacted Amazon and they allowed me to return the drone. Now I want to get another, but cannot decide if I should get another Spark Fly More Combo, or spend a little more on a Certified Refurbished Mavic Pro. I loved the Spark for the few days, but I am worried I may have the same problem. Any recomendaions would be great!
Thanks,
Cramm
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

If you encounter problems with your new spark, you can ask us for help. I think the new one will function well. Both spark and mavic are good products.
2017-10-18
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

I’d probably stick with the spark. I have the phantom 3 and the spark and almost impulse purchased a Mavic Pro the other day (financing is so nice!) but then I thought about how much more convenient the spark is and is also quieter, and how my phantom just sits in its case and backed out. I only speak from my experience.
2017-10-18
Use props
doZer the ogre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78563 ft
United States

Hey Cramm, I got a spark and love it. it's fun to fly, it's quiet and it's in the air quick.
I have had to reprogram the controller to the drone a few times. it's not that time consuming, just looking up to remember the button combo.

That being said. all drones are gonna have connctions and therfore all are going to have connection issiues.

I personally just got the MPP and plan on keeping both the spark and mavic. they each have their place. they both take equally good photos but in rather different pakcages.
I look forward to better video but not looking forward to the computer power required to edit it...

Also spark so much more portable. easier to charge on the fly with a micro usb chord... that to me is worth keeping in the fleet. 3 batteries in 40 min is about 36 mintues of flight time.  On the Mavic batteries take much longer to charge, but will last 20 plus minutes.  
2017-10-18
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
United States

Ehh so I bit the bullet today due to the financing option and ordered a refurb Mavic Pro. Hope I’m happy with it
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Javey Posted at 2017-10-19 08:31
Ehh so I bit the bullet today due to the financing option and ordered a refurb Mavic Pro. Hope I’m happy with it

Curious how you like the MP!
2017-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Javey Posted at 2017-10-19 08:31

You won’t go far wrong with that purchase, Mavic is a great craft, congratulations and good luck.
2017-10-19
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
United States

I'll let you guys know, as a dedicated Spark user.  I am particularly attached to my spark, however I am willing to try something else as a new experience.
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Javey Posted at 2017-10-19 10:33
I'll let you guys know, as a dedicated Spark user.  I am particularly attached to my spark, however I am willing to try something else as a new experience.

Always nice to try new things.
I am very curious how you like the MP compared to Spark
2017-10-19
Use props
crammm69
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the replies. I guess my biggest thought is how much more reliable will the mavic be. From reading on here, I am seeing a lot of people having fly aways and other problems with the spark
2017-10-19
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Have both, they both great. Mavic is just a beast compared to the spark
2017-10-19
Use props
crammm69
lvl.3
United States

Also has anyone purchased the refurbished mavic? What qualifies them as refurbished? Im guessing they have been crashed and sent in then fixed?
2017-10-19
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
United States

crammm69 Posted at 2017-10-19 14:28
Also has anyone purchased the refurbished mavic? What qualifies them as refurbished? Im guessing they have been crashed and sent in then fixed?

Returned in less than 7 days, unsatisfied customers I would think.  They have to be in like new condition to return.  Then they rigorously test them and refurbish anything that needs refurbished to look and act like new, then they come to us.  I bought my Phantom 3 refurb and it's been great, I haven't noticed any difference than new.  Also comes with the same warranty as a new one.
2017-10-19
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally after owning both drones, you will be much happier with the Mavic.
2017-10-19
Use props
crammm69
lvl.3
United States

I guess I will go with the mavic pro. I hope I can enjoy it with one battery for awhile before caving and buying another
2017-10-19
Use props
Ricardo Alba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Brazil

+1 mavic the range and 4k 3axis gimbal worth it
2017-10-19
Use props
doZer the ogre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78563 ft
United States

it's a tough choice. i got both... feel like I'm spoiled, i would have to get at least one spare battery...
2017-10-19
Use props
crammm69
lvl.3
United States

Has there been an update regarding the sparks performance? I have been searching on here reading the threads and noticed a lot of the problems were occurring a few months back. Have there been any updates that have helped the spark with reliability. Im also leaning towards mavic for this reason. I may be wrong, but I feel like there are less issues being that it has been around for awhile now.
2017-10-19
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
United States

I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the spark's performance.  Never disconnected, except when I flew too far and when that happened it flew back to me.  I was impressed.  
2017-10-19
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
United States

Ok not to re-bump an old post but I promised to follow up.  Mavic Pro arrived and I've flown about 5x now so have some valuable feedback.  

Spark Pro's-

Easier to set up and take off right away
PANO MODE which stitches automatically (Mavic you have to manually stitch)
Weight, much more compact

Mavic Pros-

Range (obviously)
Speed
"Clearer" pictures, although Spark also takes some nice ones!
Seems quieter, although I'm sure that is subjective.  It's not as high pitched of a noise.

Loving the MP so far, but I'm sure I will be toting both with me in my travels and use whichever is better for my situation at the time.  My Phantom 3 will probably just sit and collect dust now, unfortunately.
2017-10-28
Use props
crammm69
lvl.3
United States

Javey Posted at 2017-10-28 20:00
Ok not to re-bump an old post but I promised to follow up.  Mavic Pro arrived and I've flown about 5x now so have some valuable feedback.  

Spark Pro's-

Thanks for all the feedback, I ended up with the Mavic Pro. It was for sure the best decision. The range is amazing as well as all the photo/video controls. I also thought it seemed quieter than the Spark, or at least less annoying to hear.
2017-10-29
Use props
gezzer300
Second Officer
Flight distance : 697851 ft
United States

There are good deals on refurbished Mavic Pro at the moment. Like through ne.  Thinking about it myself
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules