Upgrade question: P3 camera on P2?
1856 6 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niels.rameckers
New

Netherlands

Got my Phantom 2 for a few months now, I wonder if it will be possible to upgrade the Phantom 2 with the new 4K camera?I really love the P2, only downside for me is the image quality...

Does anyone know?

2015-4-8
Use props
t.mcwaters
lvl.3
United States

Answered on the P3 FAQ...answer nope, nothing on compatable backwards for P2
2015-4-8
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

Dang, I would buy that camera to for my P2 in a heart beat, bird is fine, but I HATE fisheye....and I'm not buying a new bird anytime soon, oh well, LR5 will still be used lots I guess.
2015-4-8
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Just look it up yourself straight from DJI instead of posting it:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/faq
2015-4-8
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

flydronefly Posted at 2015-4-9 10:37
Just look it up yourself straight from DJI instead of posting it:

http://www.dji.com/product/phanto ...

It doesn't say anything on there that is is not.  It says it's permanently attached, but so is the one on my P2.   

I doubt that it is, but if you don't want to help, fine, dont, but you don't tell me to look somewhere and there is not an answer there that I can see.  If there is, please point it out and I will apologize.
2015-4-9
Use props
kss113
lvl.2
United States

I would also think that when they release firmware for the drone camera etc.. it would be for the factory configuration and not modified versions with new cameras.  And I doubt they would make smart enough software to tell id you have the p2 camera or the p3.
Maybe we can cross our fingers and hope they release a 4k camera for the p2.  But then the software would have to be smart enough to know which camera you have installed.  I think this is very doubtful, but there is always a chance.
2015-4-10
Use props
jcgureghian
New

United States

tender@sasktel. Posted at 2015-4-8 21:25
Dang, I would buy that camera to for my P2 in a heart beat, bird is fine, but I HATE fisheye....and  ...

The fisheye effect can be removed if you have Lightroom and shoot raw.  Do it all the time - it works great.
2015-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules