2513 22 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

Hi guys,

this has probably discussed a lot already but since I couldn't find a thread. I'm curious about some opinions if I should get the DJI Care Refresh for my Spark or not. Also some experiences from people who crashed their drone and used DJI Care sucessfully or not would be great. Any help/tipps is appreciated. Thanks
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI Care Refresh offers up to 2 replacement units in one year. I would suggest to buy it as it covered the pilot error as long as the drone is retrieved.
2017-10-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Since the Spark is my first copter I have bought care refresh but luckily have not needed it yet (hopefully never will). I consider it being a relatively small extra investment providing a lot of security.
2017-10-19
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-19 02:02
DJI Care Refresh offers up to 2 replacement units in one year. I would suggest to buy it as it covered the pilot error as long as the drone is retrieved.

So it basically covers my mistakes? Lets say I fly it against a wall (of course not on purpose) and the log files clearly show an pilot error. I get a new product for a small extra price?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you buy the dji care refresh? If your drone crash and it is caused by user error, you can use DJI Care Refresh to help you reduce the lost.
2017-10-19
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-19 02:06
Did you buy the dji care refresh? If your drone crash and it is caused by user error, you can use DJI Care Refresh to help you reduce the lost.

I did not buy anything so far. Still have a few hours until the 48 hours after activation are passed.

Guess I'll get it then
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JDK92 Posted at 2017-10-19 02:09
I did not buy anything so far. Still have a few hours until the 48 hours after activation are passed.

Guess I'll get it then

You can also find more detail information through our website about DJI care refresh.
http://www.dji.com/cn/service/dj ... ndsite&from=nav
2017-10-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

JDK92 Posted at 2017-10-19 02:06
So it basically covers my mistakes? Lets say I fly it against a wall (of course not on purpose) and the log files clearly show an pilot error. I get a new product for a small extra price?

Yes, that is what it does. There is just one quite fundamental condition: You have to be able to return the remainings of your Spark to DJI. I have seen only very few and very exceptional cases here where a replacement was made although the Spark was lost and could not be retrieved.
2017-10-19
Use props
Pez942
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166512 ft
United Kingdom

I used the care refresh recently due to pilot error. See my thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-115008-1-1.html and it worked great. They sent me out a refreshed spark in around 10 days for the €49 price. If I didn’t have it then I would have had to pay for the full cost of getting mine repaired. I would definitely recommend it or certainly some type of crash cover that is also offered by some resellers.
2017-10-19
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I would get it as it's an insurance that if you crash due to pilot error (happens to all of us), then you can get a new/refurbished spark at a fraction of the cost.  The turn around time from DJI is pretty quick.  I bought mine and have had a few close calls. I'm sure it's a matter of time before I make a mistake and crash my spark.  
2017-10-19
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

If i understood care gives u not only repacement  (2 times for additional pay) but also rapair - from mail from support i have info that neigher replacement or rapair is 49euro for first - so if dron can be rapiered dji doesnt reapir it for free but also for €49 ? If u insist to replacement or it cant be repaired in this price is replacement?
2017-10-19
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Germany

Great! Thank you very much guys. I bought it. I hopefully will never use it but I feel more save flying my little friend from now on
2017-10-19
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Germany

One last thing:

I received an email now: DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement

It says: The service is valid for 12 months, starting on 2017/10/19 and ending on 2018/10/18.....
And then the whole Service is described and my Aircrafts S/N and other details are listed. Is that it or do I have to do anything else? Can I see somewhere that my aircraft now actually has DJI Care Refresh?
2017-10-19
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

You should be good now!  Just keep that email.  
2017-10-19
Use props
Pez942
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166512 ft
United Kingdom

The email agreement is all you need. If you ever need to use it then you just indicate on the repair request that you have care refresh and print your agreement off and put it in the box with the spark you are returning. DJI cover the postage on it. DJI contact you then with the quote for the repair or if you wish to use your refresh. That’s all there is to it, but fingers crossed you will never need it.
2017-10-19
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Germany

Alright perfect. Thank you very much guys.
2017-10-19
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

JDK92 Posted at 2017-10-19 06:12
One last thing:

I received an email now: DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement

here? https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

medyq69 Posted at 2017-10-19 05:22
If i understood care gives u not only repacement  (2 times for additional pay) but also rapair - from mail from support i have info that neigher replacement or rapair is 49euro for first - so if dron can be rapiered dji doesnt reapir it for free but also for €49 ? If u insist to replacement or it cant be repaired in this price is replacement?

If the drone gets crashed, we will send you quotation, you can choose if you would like to pay for repair or use DJI Care Refresh.
Of course if the drone has malfunction in waranty period, we will repair/ replace without any charge.
2017-10-19
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

One of these things that by the end of the year it might be your best investment ever, or a complete waste of money... I just like the piece of mind, shame it is just for one year.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

medyq69 Posted at 2017-10-19 05:22

One point needed to be clarify: The DJI Care Refresh only offers replacement. If you want to repair the drone without using DJI Care Refresh, I'm afraid that you have to pay the repair fees, please kindly note.
2017-10-24
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

I think of it like car insurance.. It's cheaper to pay the insurance and deductible then it is to buy another one. Also, it's something you purchase and hope you don't have to use.
2017-10-24
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Since I am brand new to drones, I purchased the DJI Care Refresh for my Sparky.  Seemed like a reasonable investment.

Also note, you CANNOT refresh or extend your refresh after your 1 year period.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-10-24 18:36
Since I am brand new to drones, I purchased the DJI Care Refresh for my Sparky.  Seemed like a reasonable investment.

Also note, you CANNOT refresh or extend your refresh after your 1 year period.

I also agree that DJI Care Refresh is worth buying. And that's right, Todd, DJI Care Refresh can only purchase once and have 1 year's validity period. If a user has any other questions about DJI Care Refresh, he can also contact djicare@dji.com for more information. Enjoy your time.
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules