DJI store to stop delivering to Romania
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zsolti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

Hello DJI and fellow pilots. I've got an email today from DJI that from November the 30th the DJI online store will cease delivering Romanian orders due to issues with local laws and regulations. I wonder what those laws and regulations are, because I haven't heard anything from the government on this matter. First, the government prohibits drone users who have their aircrafts registered to use a camera without asking for permission first, now they want to stop drone selling completely in this country? I thought communism ended in 1989, but apparently not. Can DJI offer some explanations as to what laws and regulations will be preventing us to buy products from other EU countries?

2017-10-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

"I thought communism ended in 1989, but apparently not."

I'm afraid not.  Just look at the country where DJI is based.  And Little Rocket Man's little country plus at least 3 others that I can think of.  The commies are still running around loose all over the world.  That's not even including the pinko countries.

Can you not buy from a DJI distributor nearer to you?  They might have a better idea of what's going on or how to bypass the regs.
2017-10-19
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-19 04:33
"I thought communism ended in 1989, but apparently not."

I'm afraid not.  Just look at the country where DJI is based.  And Little Rocket Man's little country plus at least 3 others that I can think of.  The commies are still running around loose all over the world.  That's not even including the pinko countries.

I meant In Romania communism fell in 1989. 28 years later they are trying to stop aerial photography, because they are selling our forests, they are not capable of building highways and etc.
I'll wait till November 30th and see if there will be any DJI products up for sale on local DJI distributors. All this is weird, because current local laws don't prohibit us from buying drones, I'd like to understand the actual reasons why this is happening.
2017-10-19
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

hoax ? you are the only one who received such email?
2017-10-19
Use props
emilburzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317100 ft
Romania

any updates?
2017-10-20
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

djiuser_xLE6O03 Posted at 2017-10-19 07:43
hoax ? you are the only one who received such email?

It's not a hoax. You might have not received an email like this if you don't have DJI credits in your account.

2017-10-20
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

any updates ? ... (as fi curios si eu care e motivul real)
2017-10-24
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Tealk Posted at 2017-10-24 13:29
any updates ? ... (as fi curios si eu care e motivul real)

No answers from DJI. (nu stiu motivul real, dar se pare ca guvernul sau cineva influent incearca sa blocheze comenzile internationale sa cumparam local si sa ne poate monitorizeze mai bine?)
2017-10-25
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

From a User: I have been trying to find out for days why they are doing this.  The only thing I've come up with so far is that the "AACR" (whatever that is) is requiring sellers to get authorization from the AACR in order to sell them.

From DJIThor: This is true, we’re sorry to inform you that Romanian customers will no longer be able to place orders after November 30, 2017 to Romanian addresses due to issues with local laws and regulations. And at this moment we have no plans to re-launch the Romanian DJI Online Stor, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your kind understanding.

2017-10-25
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What's the score if you go over the border (e.g. Hungary), purchase the craft & then return home?
2017-10-25
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Rumania is an EU member country since 1. January 2007 so the following should apply:

Intra-EU trade
  As a business trading within the European Union, the European Economic Area (EEA) and Turkey, you have the right to export and import goods freely. This means that governments may not limit quantities of imports/exports nor restrict trade in any other way.
  If you experience difficulties with public authorities, you can request assistance from our help and advice services.
  The right to free trade also includes the right of free transit throughout the territory of the EU. Once a product - even one manufactured outside the EU - has entered the EU, it can be transported freely throughout the whole EU.
  If you need more information, you can download the guide to the application of Treaty provisions governing the free movement of goods from the EU Bookshop.
  Harmonised rules
  If your products comply with harmonised rules, they can be circulated freely within the EU. This means no restrictions may be put in place; such as limiting quantities of sales. Harmonised EU rules are based on a set of conditions, aimed to protect consumers, public health, and the environment.
  Non-harmonised rules  If your products are not subject to harmonised EU rules, they may be subject to national rules; if this is the case you will still be able to benefit from the free movement of goods on the basis of the principle of mutual recognition (the right to export and import goods freely within the EU).
  Restrictions based on national rules
  Restrictions may still be imposed on products if they would interfere with public interest – in particular on grounds of protection of health and life of humans, animals or plants, environmental protection, public security or public morality. Governments must demonstrate that such restrictions on free movement are justified and proportionate, such as advance authorisation procedures for certain products that present a genuine risk to human health.
  Right of free transit  The right to free trade also includes the right of free transit throughout the territory of the EU, EEA and Turkey. Once a product — even one manufactured outside the EU — has entered the EU, it can be transported freely throughout the whole EU.
  Local and national regulations may forbid the use of drones, but you have the rights to buy things freely within the EU.

Do not attack me for the above diatribe; I did not write it, it comes from Brussels.   

2017-10-25
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2017-10-25 01:09
What's the score if you go over the border (e.g. Hungary), purchase the craft & then return home?

Most probably you have to pay duty as the product wasn't manufactured in EU.
2017-10-25
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Callatis Posted at 2017-10-25 04:50
Most probably you have to pay duty as the product wasn't manufactured in EU.

Actually thats not the case, once the product is imported into the EU, then you can purchase it anywhere else in the EU as a private person. That is the principal anyway.
2017-10-25
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Tealk Posted at 2017-10-25 00:41
From a User: I have been trying to find out for days why they are doing this.  The only thing I've come up with so far is that the "AACR" (whatever that is) is requiring sellers to get authorization from the AACR in order to sell them.

From DJIThor: This is true, we’re sorry to inform you that Romanian customers will no longer be able to place orders after November 30, 2017 to Romanian addresses due to issues with local laws and regulations. And at this moment we have no plans to re-launch the Romanian DJI Online Stor, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your kind understanding.

That seems to be it. AACR (Romanian civil aviation authority) is the equivalent of FAA in USA. The drone regulations do indeed contain a passage that requires sellers to get authorization in order to sell drones.

2017-10-25
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Amazon, eBay and most suppliers on the net will deliver in any EU countries. I recently purchased something from China via a UK supplier, no extra tax, no customs, 30% cheaper than normal, it just took 2 weeks to deliver.
2017-10-25
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

sky wombat Posted at 2017-10-25 01:09

Nothing. We have free borders.
2017-10-25
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-25 12:46
Amazon, eBay and most suppliers on the net will deliver in any EU countries. I recently purchased something from China via a UK supplier, no extra tax, no customs, 30% cheaper than normal, it just took 2 weeks to deliver.

Exactly. There's just no way they can ask authorizations from every seller online.
2017-10-25
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Zsolti Posted at 2017-10-25 12:44
That seems to be it. AACR (Romanian civil aviation authority) is the equivalent of FAA in USA. The drone regulations do indeed contain a passage that requires sellers to get authorization in order to sell drones.

The AACR have no doubt set such requirements, whether it is legal under the EU laws without substantial and documented evidence of the dangers from the use of drones is questionable. It is unlikely to be challenged however, it would cost a fortune and take years to be heard. Get an Amazon “Prime” membership, then at least you get free delivery.
2017-10-25
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-25 13:39
The AACR have no doubt set such requirements, whether it is legal under the EU laws without substantial and documented evidence of the dangers from the use of drones is questionable. It is unlikely to be challenged however, it would cost a fortune and take years to be heard. Get an Amazon “Prime” membership, then at least you get free delivery.

Dockater do you know some stores in Germany where i can find some DJI accesories ?
send me in private some links please

i will travel there and if a store is near me i will go there
2017-10-25
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

Zsolti Posted at 2017-10-25 12:49
Exactly. There's just no way they can ask authorizations from every seller online.

Zsolti,

Replay from a Ro Dealer,

Buna ziua,
DJI Store, nu mai preia / expediaza comenzi in Romania in ceea ce priveste persoanele fizice. In ceea ce priveste dealerii autorizati asa cum suntem si noi, G**x S*****s avem contracte incheiate pentru o perioada de 10 ani. Din acest punct de vedere puteti sa stati linistiti deoarece vom importa si vom avea pe stocul magazinului nostru tot ceea ce tine de dronele sau accesoriile DJI.
Pentru orice nelamurire va rugam nu ezitati sa ne contactati.
Cu stima

English Google Translate
Hello,
DJI Store, no longer takes / send orders in Romania for individuals. As for authorized dealers as we are, G**x S*****s has 10-year contracts. From this point of view you can stay quiet because we will import and we will have on stock our shop everything about  DJI accessories.
For any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards
2017-10-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-25 12:38
Actually thats not the case, once the product is imported into the EU, then you can purchase it anywhere else in the EU as a private person. That is the principal anyway.

"Restrictions may still be imposed on products if they would interfere with public interest – in particular on grounds of protection of health and life of humans, animals or plants, environmental protection, public security or public morality."

I would guess this passage could stop import of drones to single countries if they (the country itself) would do so.

2017-10-26
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Tealk Posted at 2017-10-25 22:04
Dockater do you know some stores in Germany where i can find some DJI accesories ?
send me in private some links please

There are lots of places, Apple dealers, Saturn as well as specialized dealerships for drones and RC equipment, your best bet is the internet or of course the reply from Tealk (reply 20#). Good hunting, that is all part of the fun.
2017-10-26
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Tealk Posted at 2017-10-26 00:02
Zsolti,

Replay from a Ro Dealer,

Thank you.
2017-10-26
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

Thank you Dockter
2017-10-28
Use props
Denis Chifor
New

Romania

Any updates?(Ceva nou?)
2020-2-19
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Denis Chifor Posted at 2-19 04:21
Any updates?(Ceva nou?)

Nothing new and I still have DJI credits stuck in my account without the possibility to use them, because DJI doesn't deliver to Romania.
2020-2-19
Use props
ScoRpioN_95
New

Romania

Any updates? Ceva nou?
yesterday 12:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules