How to make Pano shooting with the gimbal in down position?
5886 11 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wandflur
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hi together

I have seen, that other user have made some Pano shooting from the ground. That means, when the gimbal is down in direction to the earth. I tried to do such a Pano, but with no success.
First I positioned my spark in the sky. Then i moved the camera/gimbal down, so that i can see the earth and myself too. Then I started the Pano shooting. Suddenly the spark moves the gimbal to a horizontal position and shoots the whole Pano in horizontal position.

How is it possible to shoot Panoramas, when the gimbal is always in down position?

Thanks a lot for helping :-).

wandflur
2017-10-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I've tried the same thing without great success.  what i found was the outer edges of my pano, the image was disstorted.  No success here, sorry
2017-10-19
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At the moment you have to do it manually, hopefully in the new .700 fw it will have the little planet capture built in, then you will be able to do what you are trying to do automatically
2017-10-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

That would be the Sphere capture
2017-10-19
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

If you use the 9-images panoramic mode, you have nothing more to do than making the camera look down and trigger the shot.

Then, either assemble the picture in DJI GO or Microsoft ICE (which I prefer).

The image below was done this way. I scaled it down since the original file was 4747 x 4892.

Panorama.jpg
2017-10-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

check this out, he was able to do it.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-115959-1-1.html
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-10-19 06:58
If you use the 9-images panoramic mode, you have nothing more to do than making the camera look down and trigger the shot.

Looking great!
2017-10-19
Use props
wandflur
lvl.2
Switzerland

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-10-19 06:58

Hi

First I made the camera looking down. Then I trigger the shots, but the camera goes automatically in horizontal position and shots the 9 pictures in horizontal mode.

Do I have to press the wheel for the gimbal looking down, the whole time until the last shot is finished?
How exactly does this work?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

wandflur Posted at 2017-10-19 22:13
Hi

First I made the camera looking down. Then I trigger the shots, but the camera goes automatically in horizontal position and shots the 9 pictures in horizontal mode.

Please note that there are two modes in Pano:
1.Vertical mode: Three shots will be captured vertically and then a vertical panorama will be composed.
2.Horizontal: Nine shots will be captured and a panorama will be composed.
If you make the camera look down and trigger the shots, the drone will rotate and take photos.
2017-10-19
Use props
admrobrts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254177 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-19 22:49
1.Vertical mode: Three shots will be captured vertically and then a vertical panorama will be composed.

This is not an option on the Mavic and Spark range as the gimbal have limited range of movement. It can only really face forward or down.

On the Phantom and Inspire range the gimbal can face toward the rear (freely rotate 360°). This allows the camera enough range of movement to capture a downward pano.
2019-5-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

admrobrts Posted at 5-22 08:40
This is not an option on the Mavic and Spark range as the gimbal have limited range of movement. It can only really face forward or down.

On the Phantom and Inspire range the gimbal can face toward the rear (freely rotate 360°). This allows the camera enough range of movement to capture a downward pano.

The 3x3 Pano is working, downwards.
It is actually working in every angle, you position the cam before taking the pano.

For the ground pano, the spark is taking one , the middle picture, and after the  gimbal gets up a little and the bird rotates for the other 8 photos about 45° each shot.
That how it gets "around" the -85° limitation of the gimbal
2019-5-22
Use props
edz2k
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-19 22:49

Hi,

When I fly my mavic 2 pro  drone and try to take a horizontal 3 X 3 pano with the looking down, it automatically moves in horizontal position similar to what wandflur said above.

Am I doing something wrong?
2021-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules