Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgebguedes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1097188 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi, everybody

I have a P4P and I used it literally 3 times. But I am having some strange tears and glitches on the live video feed that shows on my phone. It doesn't show any weak image signal warning or anything like that.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus 256gb running the most recent version of iOS 11, my DJI GO 4 app, the drone and the RC all have the most recent firmware too. When I look into the videos on the SD card, everything is okay, the video quality is perfect without any problems or frame drops. But the live video feed on the DJI GO 4 app (and the cache video) is horrible, it's really frustrating cause I can't see the shoot that I'm taking. Just so you guys can have an ideia, here is the phone cache video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jxehepj3qtphyi/drone.mp4?dl=0

Also I tried to change the frequency from 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz on the app. But everytime I launch the RC, the app and the drone again, it always appears set to 2.4GHz and I have to manually set again to 5.8GHz. Is this normal? It should save my frequency preference once I choose 5.8GHz?

And do you guys have any ideas about the live video tears? It worries me, such an expensive equipament...
2017-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The glitches are relatively normal. The real video is that which is recorded on the SD card in the aircraft. At the same time, a lower resolution copy of the signal is transmitted from the aircraft to the RC unit so you can see the same image the camera sees. The SD card will not show any glitches, as it is recorded straight out of the camera, and MPEG streams do not drop frames anyway.

But the transmission path back from the aircraft may often contain video problems due to the transmission path and also the ability of your phone to handle the video data. One way to reduce the problems is to shut off caching of the video on your phone, this can be done in the menu system of the Go App.. You really don't need the cache ayway, as you have a much better copy on the SD card. But shutting off caching will reduce the workload on your phone and may result in less problems.
2017-10-19
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-19 15:56
The glitches are relatively normal. The real video is that which is recorded on the SD card in the aircraft. At the same time, a lower resolution copy of the signal is transmitted from the aircraft to the RC unit so you can see the same image the camera sees. The SD card will not show any glitches, as it is recorded straight out of the camera, and MPEG streams do not drop frames anyway.

But the transmission path back from the aircraft may often contain video problems due to the transmission path and also the ability of your phone to handle the video data. One way to reduce the problems is to shut off caching of the video on your phone, this can be done in the menu system of the Go App.. You really don't need the cache ayway, as you have a much better copy on the SD card. But shutting off caching will reduce the workload on your phone and may result in less problems.

Thanks for your answer! I will try to disable the video cache and see if it gets better.

And about the frequency thing... I went to settings on the app and chose 5.8GHz. Could you tell me if it's normal every time I restart the RC, app and the bird it always set to 2.4GHz again? I thought that my frequency preference would be saved but never is...
2017-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

georgebguedes Posted at 2017-10-19 16:03
Thanks for your answer! I will try to disable the video cache and see if it gets better.

And about the frequency thing... I went to settings on the app and chose 5.8GHz. Could you tell me if it's normal every time I restart the RC, app and the bird it always set to 2.4GHz again? I thought that my frequency preference would be saved but never is...

I can't say about the frequency thing, I have a P3P and it does not allow you to choose 5.8Ghz.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

georgebguedes Posted at 2017-10-19 16:03

It is normal, no worries, the drone will detect the frequencies and switch to the better one automatically once it is restarted. Besides, for the LIve video issue, I would recommend you enable the Airplane mode of your phone, then run the DJI APP.
2017-10-19
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-19 22:32
It is normal, no worries, the drone will detect the frequencies and switch to the better one automatically once it is restarted. Besides, for the LIve video issue, I would recommend you enable the Airplane mode of your phone, then run the DJI APP.

Thank you! I'll try this as soon as I have a chance to fly and I'll let you know how things worked out
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

georgebguedes Posted at 2017-10-20 10:22
Thank you! I'll try this as soon as I have a chance to fly and I'll let you know how things worked out

Okay, please keep us updated!
2017-10-23
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Sorry for the delay, I have been really busy with work on the last 3 weeks but I got a chance to fly the P4P this past weekend. I disabled cache video but I didn't enable airplane mode on my phone cause when I did that the mobile data was disabled and the map didn't load properly. Then I notice something interesting: on iOS 11, when you turn off the WiFi or Bluetooth via control center, it just disconnects from current access point and devices but it doesn't really turn them off and that was what was happening on my previous flights. To fix that, I went to settings on the iPhone and manually turn them off and this actually helped a lot: the tears and glitches on live video feed were significantly reduced, so my guess is that the iPhone WiFi and Bluetooth was interfering with the remote signal. Another thing: I was shooting in 4k 60fps. When I changed to 1080p 60fps the live video feed was even better, with just a little bit of glitches sometimes. So my guess is that when filming in 4k the phantom has a hard time to process the frames and save them on the SD card and this impact the live video feed transmission.
2017-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules