Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO flight records stats inaccurate
2619 22 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Hey guys,

I just recently got the MPP and starting flying around with it, but noticed a few problems with the app. First thing that I noticed is that my top altitude shows a negative value, despite not flying lower than the takeoff altitude. I also noticed my top speed is slower than what I ran. I also noticed that the standard HERE map is just blank. My satellite and hybrid views work, but even then, the small screen is covered by the giant HERE logo. Here are the solutions I tried, which were all unsuccessful:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  • Attempting to download offline maps (errors out by showing network is unavailable, even though I have wifi, data, and location enabled)
  • Clearing local flight records and resyncing with cloud
  • Making sure everything is up to date, including drone, batteries, controller, and Android app
  • Calibrating everything prior to flight (compass, IMU, gimbal, and remote)
  • Made sure barometer isn't defective (it shows 0 feet on take off and does not go negative at anytime)

So I'm kinda stuck here and could appreciate some help or insight as to what else to do. Are these just bugs in the app that I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance.
2017-10-19
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

"Calibrating everything prior to flight (compass, IMU, gimbal, and remote)"

That is something you shouldn't do, in my opinion.
Do you have strong phone signal when and where you flight?
2017-10-20
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-20 08:44
"Calibrating everything prior to flight (compass, IMU, gimbal, and remote)"

That is something you shouldn't do, in my opinion.

I only did it once since it I got it out of the box and don't plan on repeating it. However, my first few flights, I put my phone on airplane mode, but didn't do it for the last few and I had strong signals then. I'm starting to wonder if putting in airplane mode the first flight could've disrupted the data.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide a sample screenshot of what you're getting?
2017-10-20
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... go out and fly your MP... don't bother the false information in the app, will change with your next flight

My top altitude says 143 meters, I'm sure it is incorrect but who bothers... not me...
2017-10-21
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-20 18:58
Could you please provide a sample screenshot of what you're getting?

2017-10-21
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-10-21 00:54
... go out and fly your MP... don't bother the false information in the app, will change with your next flight

My top altitude says 143 meters, I'm sure it is incorrect but who bothers... not me...

Didn't change in the next few flights. Looks like its just the app that's getting inaccurate values, but I would like the standard map view to work. :/
2017-10-21
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

... since version 4.1.0 we all have problems of some kind with the app... DJI needs to do some serious debugging...

Off-line downloading of the maps doesn't work for most of us, read the many posts on this forum about it. Be patient and wait for the next update, hoping that some of the problems are fixed.
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you also own an MP, below your avatar it only shows MP not MPP just wondering if it will show an MPP there.
2017-10-22
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-10-22 13:37
Do you also own an MP, below your avatar it only shows MP not MPP just wondering if it will show an MPP there.

MPP, is there a unique one for the MPP?
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

AEM74 Posted at 2017-10-22 15:43
MPP, is there a unique one for the MPP?

I was just wondering, it says Mavic pro you would think it will say something different.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

What's the current version of your APP? Please try to clear the cache restart, download the Here Maps app. Download your location in the Here Maps app first, then launching DJI GO 4, the continents and countries will finally shown for download.
2017-10-22
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 22:59
What's the current version of your APP? Please try to clear the cache restart, download the Here Maps app. Download your location in the Here Maps app first, then launching DJI GO 4, the continents and countries will finally shown for download.

Will this work for both iOS and Android?
2017-10-24
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

App for iOs has no option for off-line downloading maps... for as far as I know... would be nice to have this option, there is not allways internet or cell coverage...
2017-10-24
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 22:59

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, but I wanted to provide an update before I tried this method. I flew again a few days ago and my map worked! It only lasted that one flight and then the map went back to being blank. My top altitude reset to 0 feet for what it's worth and is now stuck there.

My app version is the latest one, 4.1.10 on Android. I followed your instructions exactly as stated and unfortunately it did not work. The map still appears blank and I still get the "Network Unavailable" error despite having a strong WiFi connection (same error on LTE).
2017-10-24
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

AEM74 Posted at 2017-10-24 16:24
Hey, sorry for the delayed response, but I wanted to provide an update before I tried this method. I flew again a few days ago and my map worked! It only lasted that one flight and then the map went back to being blank. My top altitude reset to 0 feet for what it's worth and is now stuck there.

My app version is the latest one, 4.1.10 on Android. I followed your instructions exactly as stated and unfortunately it did not work. The map still appears blank and I still get the "Network Unavailable" error despite having a strong WiFi connection (same error on LTE).

What  is in settings, applications info, permissions on your device?
2017-10-24
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-10-24 17:02
What  is in settings, applications info, permissions on your device?

Camera, contact, location, microphone, phone, and storage all permitted. Notifications allowed as well.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AEM74 Posted at 2017-10-24 16:24

Thanks for getting back to us. I just got the latest news from our engineers that it is the issue of Here Map server. We are working on this and will fix it soon.
2017-10-27
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 01:36
Thanks for getting back to us. I just got the latest news from our engineers that it is the issue of Here Map server. We are working on this and will fix it soon.

Good to hear that the dji engineers are working on it and they will have a fix soon...   I still waiting for my MPP to be shipped and hopping all the bugs are fixed by the time I get it.  If not I'll be working through them like everyone.  Happy flying
2017-10-27
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 01:36

Great to hear! Any news related to the inaccurate stats?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AEM74 Posted at 2017-10-27 19:34
Great to hear! Any news related to the inaccurate stats?

All the info you offered have been forwarded to our engineers for double check, we will come back if there is any update.
2017-10-28
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-28 03:04
All the info you offered have been forwarded to our engineers for double check, we will come back if there is any update.

Thanks for the help.
2017-10-28
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
United States

Double post.
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now