Offline Maps?
3736 12 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft
Sweden

On my Samsung Tab S2 it seems impossible to download the Offline Map for my home country Sweden. The response I get after klicking the download link is "Please wait" or as now lately after first installed an old version of GO4 with same result and then again the latest version, that it is Downloading...1%. After that it is stuck and nothing more happens. Also after hours of waiting.

The tablet has internet connection as I could install the app from Google Play. Is there something special problematic with this Tab S2?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Try different networks if you can, Besides, do you have any other Android devices? If yes, please have a try. If it persists, please provide me with a screenshot of the About page and a screenshot of the offline map download page.
2017-10-20
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-20 05:02
Try different networks if you can, Besides, do you have any other Android devices? If yes, please have a try. If it persists, please provide me with a screenshot of the About page and a screenshot of the offline map download page.

On my other Android device, the phone with 4G and Wifi, there is no choice for Offline Maps, but the maps work automatically when flying. Via Google Maps?

I tried Another network, but now it says Paused 1% and network unavailable.
The screenshots are here:

2017-10-20
Use props
RaspPiGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35594 ft
Canada

For me, on Android 7, it just sits at Please Wait, and nothing ever, ever happens.
2017-10-20
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Its a known bug on new dji go app ...Make a bug report inside the app..
2017-10-20
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

There's already a discussion about Offline Map not working in the Mavic forum (https://forum.dji.com/thread-116018-1-2.html). Like Anuvis said, submit a bug report  and maybe if enough people complain this will be fixed in the next release.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Pappy3 Posted at 2017-10-20 14:21
There's already a discussion about Offline Map not working in the Mavic forum (https://forum.dji.com/thread-116018-1-2.html). Like Anuvis said, submit a bug report  and maybe if enough people complain this will be fixed in the next release.

The situation is reflected to our engineers. I think they will try their best to solved the problem.
2017-10-20
Use props
TwinTom
New
Flight distance : 6942 ft
Switzerland

I had the same problem I could not download an offline map. From professional software tester and have analyzed the problem. I think I found the cause of the problem and the simple solution. I hope it solves your problem by downloading the offline map.
If the app "HERE WeGo" is installed and the app is used offline, an offline map can not be downloaded in app "DJI GO 4".
procedure:
1. Open the app HERE WeGo
2. Disable the menu item "Use offline app"
3. Close the app "HERE WeGo" and "DJI GO 4". Important App "DJI GO 4" must be closed.
You may have to restart your phone.
4. Start the app "DJI GO 4" and download the offline card
Greetings to the test team of DJI. I hope with the next update of the app "DJI GO 4", the problem is solved with the side effect of the app "HERE WeGo". I wish you success.
HereMap_online.png
2017-10-22
Use props
SG123
New
Flight distance : 9557 ft
Singapore

The offline map is just a piece of junk, wasted my hours trying still asking me to "please wait".. A big company but update us from a lousy app, no wonder so many drones were lost during flight..

2017-10-22
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I think it was yesterday when i got an update message to my DJI GO4 app, it seems to have some new items chek in the main status menu. I had some trouble muself downloading the maps of my country, but succeeded after a couple of tries.
2017-10-22
Use props
Blue17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56010 ft
Germany

I don't even have Here WeGo. And I can download maps perfectly fine in DJI Go 4.1.9, but not in 4.1.10.
2017-10-22
Use props
zeane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62185 ft
South Africa

This is so frustrating, when is DJI going to fix this problem. I hope they appreciate their faulty software when I need to put in a repair or drone fly away situation. I guess we will just need to wait and see if the awful event were to happen. I'm almost too concerned about even flying my (expensive - especially as one lives in South Africa) DJI Spark...

Common guys, get your act together!!!
2017-10-23
Use props
fansd2354270
New
Flight distance : 41237 ft
Ireland

I just got an iPad mini to use wth the spark and the iOS app doesn’t even have the offline maps option. However it does appear on the android app on my oneplus 3.
2017-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules