Slow photos/dropped app.
1069 6 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

I am having an issue when taking photos. It is slow to respond, sometimes waiting 30 seconds for the "shutter sound" and the button to stop spinning. Sometimes it works as it always did, click, done. Most the time it is click, wait and wait and wait. Sometimes the app just shuts down.

History:

I have not updated anything since the dreaded July 6th firmware that I am still dealing with. Go4 App, may have auto updated at some point. This has only been happening the last few weeks. I have used the same SD cards since I got the thing over a year ago. I feel it is a slow app. Screen is locked until photo is finalized. If it hit the photo button multiple times, it waits about 20 seconds and snaps all the pictures at once. Serious lag issues. Using iPad mini 4.
2017-10-20
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Slow shutter speeds for me lead to a very long spinning wheel.

I've noticed that sometimes if I click too fast, the image is not recorded too.  More with the RAW+JPG when that occurs.  The still camera needs some more attention by DJI, imho.
2017-10-20
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-20 09:40
Slow shutter speeds for me lead to a very long spinning wheel.

I've noticed that sometimes if I click too fast, the image is not recorded too.  More with the RAW+JPG when that occurs.  The still camera needs some more attention by DJI, imho.

Yea, I only shoot RAW and never had issue until about 2 weeks ago. This is happening during daylight hours, so the shutter is not purposely slow.
2017-10-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-10-20 09:58
Yea, I only shoot RAW and never had issue until about 2 weeks ago. This is happening during daylight hours, so the shutter is not purposely slow.

Do a test in jpg only and see if it's still a problem.
If it doesn't you know it's associated with writing the much larger raw files.
Do you really need raw files?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please refer to Labroides's suggestion to see if the problem persists when you select JPG format.
I also suggest to reset camera settings and try another SD card.
2017-10-28
Use props
Andy Budgie B
New
Flight distance : 445568 ft
Ireland

I am having this very same problem and with different drones, I have also tried different memory cards. It was happening on my 4 Pro and now it is happening on my 4 Pro V2! Could it be an issue with the app (iOS on iPad Mini 4)
2019-2-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Andy Budgie B Posted at 2-18 06:48
I am having this very same problem and with different drones, I have also tried different memory cards. It was happening on my 4 Pro and now it is happening on my 4 Pro V2! Could it be an issue with the app (iOS on iPad Mini 4)

Try formatting the card in the aircraft, after copying off any files you want to keep. DJI stuff the card full of hidden files that are no use to you whatsoever, only a format will erase them.
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules