Spark will not take off
21156 25 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maverijk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1017 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have just bought a new Spark but can’t get it to take off. I must be missing something very basic . Batteries and Spark all have latest firmware updates.Is it possible that I it won’t fly because I live in a restricted flying area. Any help or advice welcome. Thanks
2017-10-21
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Does the app give you an error when you go to take off ?
2017-10-21
Use props
Maverijk
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

No, error is given but it does say care should be taken while flying in the area
2017-10-21
Use props
Maverijk
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I don’t know if this message is always shown or is particular to the area I live in
2017-10-21
Use props
fans11f5b63f
New

Netherlands

My Spark also not connects. My phone (iPhone 5s) will not scan the QR code. Not funny, it cost me hours and still not working...
2017-10-21
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

Maverijk Posted at 2017-10-21 04:19
No, error is given but it does say care should be taken while flying in the area

That message shouldn't prevent it from taking off.
Do you have a good gps signal ?
Also, are you using the RC or mobile device to control the Spark ?
2017-10-21
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Try indoors in "ATTI" mode. This way you can find out either the problem is because of the drone or something else.
2017-10-21
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Also make sure you are logged in to the go app.
Scanning the QR code did not work for me, so I did it manually (like probably everybody else had to).
2017-10-21
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the Spark will not take off until a home point is set on the map with a strong GPS signal if you are in beginner mode. You will hardly ever get a GPS connection sufficient to create a home point if flying indoors. Is that the case?
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with 9#. It is not available to take-off indoor when your are in Beginner Mode as there is no GPS signal. Please check and confirm.
2017-10-21
Use props
Maverijk
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-21 22:18
Agree with 9#. It is not available to take-off indoor when your are in Beginner Mode as there is no GPS signal. Please check and confirm.

All fixed. Thanks for your support
2017-10-28
Use props
fans3f4b5480
New

Mexico

ACW Posted at 2017-10-21 11:39
I believe the Spark will not take off until a home point is set on the map with a strong GPS signal if you are in beginner mode. You will hardly ever get a GPS connection sufficient to create a home point if flying indoors. Is that the case?

hi can tou help me to repair my spark??
i’m tryn for hours to erease from de screen: can’t take off
all items are refresh with the newest  versions and nothing changes, led ligth from the all 4 motors are red
i do all steps inclusive in the dji assistan 2
2017-10-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans3f4b5480 Posted at 2017-10-28 22:20
hi can tou help me to repair my spark??
i’m tryn for hours to erease from de screen: can’t take off
all items are refresh with the newest  versions and nothing changes, led ligth from the all 4 motors are red

If all of the LED's on the Spark are red that means the battery is too low or at a critical power level or there is a malfunction. You will need to be more specific. Are all four lights red as soon as you turn it on? Do any of the lights flash - if so, what sequence do they flash? Do you have any warnings pop up or malfunction alerts listed in the aircraft settings within the app?
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Maverijk Posted at 2017-10-28 21:43
All fixed. Thanks for your support

You are welcome! Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.
2017-10-30
Use props
Lord Sparky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16014 ft
Singapore

Just gt my drone two days back n it doesnt auto take off frm e ground. The motor starts n doesnt fly off. I’ve calibrated both compass n imu as wat mention. But when i active palm launch. Its smooth. Any ideas why??  
2017-12-4
Use props
Thunderfoot1991
New
Flight distance : 136900 ft
United States

fans11f5b63f Posted at 2017-10-21 08:17
My Spark also not connects. My phone (iPhone 5s) will not scan the QR code. Not funny, it cost me hours and still not working...

Aside from the QR code on the drone it does have the username and password written on it to use instead if the QR code does not work.
2017-12-4
Use props
fansdd0bbe01
New

United Kingdom

We had this problem when we bought ours. Turns out our phone was not compatible to activate it. We had to use my grandma's iPhone 6s to activate it then we could then fly using our Samsung J5. We took it back to the shop before this and the manager of Maplins used is Samsung Note 8 and it did not work on this. We called Dji and they advised that it hasn't been tested on this device yet and said there is a list of compatible devices. It's a shame they don't state this on the outside of the box or inform the stockists of this fact. They don't even state what is inside the box of the fly more combo.
2018-4-28
Use props
fans6f4c4b0e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157766 ft
South Africa

Hi DJI, my spark just won't take off, been fine always, this morning when I tried to take off spark bounced and crashed, firmware and app latest, battery fully charged ...any ideas
2018-9-18
Use props
djiuser_dlWLLhr5aDo9
lvl.1
France

https://youtu.be/ABql0bgdn_c
Here,s my solution To fou again before new update ca me out. Enjoy
2018-9-24
Use props
djiuser_gXGaBwK1yxz5
New
Flight distance : 23045 ft
United Kingdom

My spark wont take of from the floor. Just stays there blades spinning. Any ideas.
2018-12-9
Use props
djiuser_gXGaBwK1yxz5
New
Flight distance : 23045 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 02:53
You are welcome! Wish you have a great time on flying the drone.

My spark wont take of from the ground the props are all spinning but it stays put.
2018-12-9
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

So if your drone won't take off, you may be in GPS mode or beginner mode and can't take off until home point is set after acquiring adequate GPS signal. That is considering your device is properly connected to the quad if you don't have the TX (controller/radio) or your device is connected to the radio. In rare cases you may have to reconnect your TX to the spark itself. This is very rare.
If your spark still does not respond, an IMU calibration may help.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_gXGaBwK1yxz5 Posted at 12-9 14:16
My spark wont take of from the ground the props are all spinning but it stays put.

Hi there, is there any error message in the App? And do you start the motor with App or RC sticks? Please kindly upload a short video for better assistance, thank you!
2018-12-10
Use props
jimenez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2546 ft
El Salvador

hellow dji spark owners am sure alot of you are have cannot take off or your 4 ligths are solid red and some get a ESC status error when i first got this error a had crash my drone for the second time the first time the motor pin bend a little making it stuck when turning but i just replace the motor myself and work fine again the second time my drone crash the motor pin just got push down hiting the ESC Electronic speed controller wich controls the motor if 1 of the 4 ESC get damage you WILL get this problem with your drone

The fix  is change the ESC ELECTRONIC  SPEED CONTROLLER on the side that is damage more likely will be the motor that was hit or crash the picture you see is the part under the motor i change it and work just fine

dont waste time on downgrading your firmware or upgrading it it wont work must change the and drone will take off like a charm am sure this will help other or text if u need any more info
15469284418313359731925426769346.jpg
15469284887304904407238765580273.jpg
2019-1-7
Use props
Esteban Sanper
New

Mexico

jimenez Posted at 2019-1-7 22:32
hellow dji spark owners am sure alot of you are have cannot take off or your 4 ligths are solid red and some get a ESC status error when i first got this error a had crash my drone for the second time the first time the motor pin bend a little making it stuck when turning but i just replace the motor myself and work fine again the second time my drone crash the motor pin just got push down hiting the ESC Electronic speed controller wich controls the motor if 1 of the 4 ESC get damage you WILL get this problem with your drone

The fix  is change the ESC ELECTRONIC  SPEED CONTROLLER on the side that is damage more likely will be the motor that was hit or crash the picture you see is the part under the motor i change it and work just fine

hi friend

I have the same issue. I purchase a spark from second hand really cheap, the damage is crash. All on the spark works, can connect with the cell, connect with and RC, I can see the image, the spark was crashed and one of arm was broke. I replace the housing put all the components on the new housing in the device and appear works well. all looks like  can fly without problems, but first appear the message: can´t take off, before of few attepms, the app show the warning: 2N Error ESC.  I replace the ESC on these motor, and the warning dissappear, but have the same issue: Can´t take off. any idea about what can be bad?

2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_xhoPyj1TlGzS
New

Guyana

Crashed my dji spark and had to replace the rear left motor after replacing the motor everytime I try to take off , all the props start spinning and it would drift to the left and would cancel the take off. Anyone can help?
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules