12Next >
11942 52 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abimsmith
New
Flight distance : 51837 ft
United States

Does the new Pixel 2 work with DJI GO 4 and Mavic Pro? I'm considering upgrading my phone from the Galaxy S5 to the Pixel 2. Any thoughts?
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The Pixel 2 has not been tested and we can not ensure the stability. I would recommend you to test the performance before making the decision.  
2017-10-22
Use props
DanaK6JQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1050499 ft
United States

I can report that DJI Go 4 on my Pixel 2 will work for about 1 or 2 minutes before showing "Disconnected" and video goes gray. I just tested this by hovering the Mavic Pro in my yard. My (original) Pixel is stable.
2017-10-22
Use props
fans682fcbdd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 741939 ft
  • >>>
United States

My pixel 2 xl does the same exact thing.  Works fine for a minute with no lag or anything.  Then it will totally disconnect radio and all.  Almost lost the drone because I was out on my boat when it lost connection.  Had to power off the controller and power back on to get it to reconnect, all while the mavic was RTH over water
2017-10-25
Use props
Unheard
New
United States

Pixel 2 XL is not yet supported.

2017-10-28
Use props
Unheard
New
United States

Unheard Posted at 2017-10-28 13:29
Pixel 2 XL is not yet supported.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/asCke0MnNqu4Tw8PvJV0Upc2_Hda5taF4VAqL8roWTUcmnyD_FGs4QamONrZ-7WLgEKhNYz44MP_8zx3VpxrV3pTz-c8XO7fyYxKzQjJX6Ek7T1PwnIRLYGcVl2ykMHFKRug0H6HAqYqsIrWrPpRMf6q7Xga_kE46ITPeU4oA0-UuPkXgmX0lqWnOdfzjUMIFLnjQ5q_TY_h_iw9oNbnMuIw3vWrcCAXB_7AcBrzCVo6FOfwXDlKDu6V4FJK4e59Zk66IGWbmClf4wvV5RmOK93ngozSDzROsrFtU4010oVYVuwCWugbvK2yO_MMrvwGRBqZ8_jXUvvQlMuY_wdu-z9nlszRV6wj4mB3i7dnAmLPWbJOCzwh1oC3v2SGEkhWORkgVuKKTXz6OLr0nG0M_uo37ts3N9PY71GJ8RfZouESZ7-iGFxFm0JxgE0FnqcpW_abXHO5IFhO16RQxeGKACv3JmbZdbvxmZXPQ-oFLHqsmXONldDm8AsCITWehO47byXvEtcRwGePLpCniIVNDeHuPD8r6KoYRaB1eHimrQqBIb00ydoN_qV9HR6s5PdrM-yGS8j2MvB3_DZRyx9O0n9FMGiVD4ZK_DIc=w873-h1309-no[/img]

After trying again last night, this time it worked. I haven't tried flying it, however.
2017-10-31
Use props
Izulow
New
United States

I have found if I put my pixel 2 in airplane mode it works with no issues. I am also using the main USB connection on the bottom of the RC to the phone.
2017-10-31
Use props
fanscc07be79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117936 ft
United States

I just tried my New Pixel 2 phone with my Phantom 3 standard and it will not connect to the drone.  I'm using an NVIDIA Shield Tablet that works great.  However, I want to buy a Mavic and I won't do it until my Pixel 2 works with the DJI APP.   I need to be as portable as possible when I buy the Mavic and I don't want to carry around a huge tablet.  So please see what you can do about getting the Pixel 2 operational on the DJI GO apps.  Thanks.    
2017-11-7
Use props
DEATHRAT UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117936 ft
United States

Izulow Posted at 2017-10-31 07:48
I have found if I put my pixel 2 in airplane mode it works with no issues. I am also using the main USB connection on the bottom of the RC to the phone.

That didn't work for me.  I am also not connecting via the usb.  I want it to be all wireless.  I guess I'll have to try the usb with the usb C adapter that came with the phone.
2017-11-7
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

Pixel 2XL works for me.
2017-11-7
Use props
DanaK6JQ
lvl.1
United States

Have you tried flying more  than 2 minutes or so? My Pixel works but disconnects after a couple of minutes. It's possible the recent update to DJI Go 4 (2 days ago) addresses this, but I haven't yet had a chance to verify it.
2017-11-8
Use props
fansd309850e
New
Flight distance : 80328 ft
United States

I tried flying my Mavic with my new Pixel 2. It worked okay for about a minute. Then the screen went grey and it lost all connection with the aircraft. Which distracted me for a moment, during which time the Mavic drifted into a satellite dish and crashed. Wrecked two rotors but otherwise the Mavic seems fine. I have not been able to get the app to connect with the Mavic again though. It will not respond to the Pixel 2 in wi-fi mode or in RC mode. I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled with no response.

I switched back to my old Nexus 6 and it worked perfectly. So until DJI figures out how to get it to work with the Pixel 2, I'd avoid using it.
2017-11-19
Use props
fans4418b764
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

Dang the bad luck. I didn't think to check if my 2XL was compatible before ordering. The pro is due in tomorrow. Is this kind of issue common with phones? How about when phone updates are performed?
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_qE6naep
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is happening as well with my pixel 2 xl and dji spark

Today I just break propeller and run to search my spark because it Lost connection after one or two minutes.

Mate this is a Google top phone and example to follow for others Android

DJI need to work on it !!
I'm regretting that I bought a dji.

Spend your money in parrot better.
2017-12-4
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Elsewhere on the forum, don't have the link handy, there's mention that clearing the cache helps with disconnect issues.
2017-12-4
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Any idea when the dji go app will work with the pixel 2? I just got my mavic pro and I can still return it should it be a long time. No use for me to have a broken experience.
2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

DEATHRAT UAV Posted at 2017-11-7 12:27
That didn't work for me.  I am also not connecting via the usb.  I want it to be all wireless.  I guess I'll have to try the usb with the usb C adapter that came with the phone.

If the USB connector that came with the controller doesn't work, try using a cable connected to the bottom of the controller, it seems to work better. I have the Pixel, not Pixel 2, and that helped me. Oh, don't forget to disconnect the one that came with the controller.
2017-12-8
Use props
dji youtuber
New
Flight distance : 229108 ft
United Kingdom

No it doesn't very frustrating, im considering selling my mavic pro, very poor update for android phones
2017-12-10
Use props
dji youtuber
New
Flight distance : 229108 ft
United Kingdom

Robstunner Posted at 2017-12-8 15:22
Any idea when the dji go app will work with the pixel 2? I just got my mavic pro and I can still return it should it be a long time. No use for me to have a broken experience.

Trust me you will be waiting forever im considering selling my mavic pro, poor update for new android phones.
2017-12-10
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Robstunner Posted at 2017-12-8 15:22

There are others on the forum flying successfully with a Pixel 2. I have an original Pixel.

Two things I've done are:
  • Put the phone in airplane mode
  • Use the USB cable (that I got with my Pixel) to connect the phone to the bottom USB port on the controller. If you do this, remove the USB connector on the side of the controller.

2017-12-10
Use props
DanaK6JQ
lvl.1
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-10 17:56
There are others on the forum flying successfully with a Pixel 2. I have an original Pixel.

Two things I've done are:

It might be a coincidence, but after the most recent FW update my Mavic Pro stays connected when using my Pixel 2 for more than 5 minutes at a time (2 flights so far).

2017-12-12
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

DanaK6JQ Posted at 2017-12-12 12:31
It might be a coincidence, but after the most recent FW update my Mavic Pro stays connected when using my Pixel 2 for more than 5 minutes at a time (2 flights so far).

That's great news!
2017-12-12
Use props
DanaK6JQ
lvl.1
United States

Another 10 minute flight today without issue. Might be resolved!
2017-12-12
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

DanaK6JQ Posted at 2017-12-12 18:00
Another 10 minute flight today without issue. Might be resolved!

Is the only change the FW update? Are you still using the DJI supplied USB cable plugged into the side of the controller?
2017-12-13
Use props
DanaK6JQ
lvl.1
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-13 05:25
Is the only change the FW update? Are you still using the DJI supplied USB cable plugged into the side of the controller?

Yes to both questions - but - today I had the same Disconnected issue again.

C'mon DJI, get your act together, Pixel 2 is a popular high-end phone. PM me if I can assist you, no charge.
2017-12-13
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

DanaK6JQ Posted at 2017-12-13 21:54
Yes to both questions - but - today I had the same Disconnected issue again.

C'mon DJI, get your act together, Pixel 2 is a popular high-end phone. PM me if I can assist you, no charge.

Have you tried putting the phone into airplane mode and using a different USB cable to plug into the bottom of the controller? If you use a USB cable to plug into the bottom of the controller, you'll need to unplug the cable from the side of the controller.
2017-12-14
Use props
DanaK6JQ
lvl.1
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-14 05:19
Have you tried putting the phone into airplane mode and using a different USB cable to plug into the bottom of the controller? If you use a USB cable to plug into the bottom of the controller, you'll need to unplug the cable from the side of the controller.

I've not tried airplane mode yet (and suspect that radio activity might be implicated in the disconnect).

I don't understand the comment about a "different USB cable" though. Can you explain?
2017-12-14
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

DanaK6JQ Posted at 2017-12-14 10:43
I've not tried airplane mode yet (and suspect that radio activity might be implicated in the disconnect).

I don't understand the comment about a "different USB cable" though. Can you explain?

Yeah, you don't have to use the USB cable that came with the controller, you can use a different one. I use the cable that came with my Pixel, the USB-C-to-USB standard (pictured below). Use the cable to connect your phone to the controller, using the USB port on the bottom of the controller. When you do this, you have to remove the USB cable that came with the controller and connects to the side of the controller.

In the end, you're just using a different cable and different port to connect the phone to the controller.

My experience is that this has been much more successful than using the DJI-supplied cable.

I hope that helps.

2017-12-14
Use props
n8best
New
Flight distance : 11811 ft
Canada

I have a pixel 2 XL and just got my Mavic in the mail today. Haven't had any huge success. I can either connect via RC cable and get it to fly with no access to the app for view finding or I can connect to the app via wifi and be able to access the camera but completely unable to fly the drone. I would never in my wildest dreams imagined it wouldn't work with a Pixel.

Currently doing a FW update (had to do it via my note 5 as I couldn't get a connection with the controller on my pixel). Hopefully, this will resolve the issue. I've literally been fiddling with this thing for close to 5 hours now to get it to work properly.

DJI, if you see this, we NEED proper support for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. I don't want to have to return this product 2 days after procuring it (I've been wanting one of these drones for months).
2017-12-20
Use props
fans5246d9c6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44547 ft
United States

Works good. Only issue I have is if the app crashes it won’t restart until I restart my phone. Just don’t fly too far away. Hope they fix this....
2017-12-20
Use props
n8best
New
Flight distance : 11811 ft
Canada

So I did all the updating on my drone's firmware and still was unable to get it to work with my Pixel 2 XL. I now have to use my Note 5 as my dedicated viewfinder for my drone controller. I even spoke to two different tech support reps at DJI and they confirmed the Pixel 2 XL isn't supported and there is no news about when they will support that device.
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_qE6naep
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So poor from DJI. Probably work even with cheap Chinese phones
2017-12-23
Use props
fans2a61531d
New

United States

Just got mavic pro and connect with my pixel2 , able to fly but from time to time it will disconnect. I got it reconnect by disable and reenable the USB debugging mode. Any one has suggestion for this disconnection issue?
2017-12-24
Use props
alexmorse
New
United States

I was finally able to get my Pixel2 to talk to the RC!  For me it never worked, and this seems to be a common problem on Oreo, at least for the new pixels.  This is NOT the intermittent problem some people in this thread are describing, but rather if you can't your Pixel2 to talk to the RC at all.

Here's what you do:

Enable developer mode on your phone (Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone then tap the Build number seven times. )
After you've done this, you'll have a new entry on the Settings -> System menu labeled Developer options, open that up
Scroll down to debugging, look for USB debugging, and turn it on.  It will ask you to confirm.

Immediately after doing this, I can connect to the DJI app for the first time on this phone.  

Pretty stoked to go flying!  Now I just have to wait for this rain to clear...
2017-12-24
Use props
fans2a61531d
New

United States

Had the same issue... And when disconnected I deactivate and reactivate USB debugging mode would reconnect the drone... Any update on solution?
2017-12-24
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

@alexmorse
Perhaps you mention something essential here. On some other phones I think developer mode is turned on by default. I use a Huawei P10 Lite (great phone) myself, where that is the case. I have been very pleased with the phone and the use of the DJI Go 4 app. Not a single problem so far (knock on wood).
2017-12-24
Use props
djiuser_qE6naep
lvl.1
Spain

Thinking to buy a mavic pro soon, how is going with the pixel 2 ?
2017-12-26
Use props
Booyah
New

United States

alexmorse Posted at 2017-12-24 12:57
I was finally able to get my Pixel2 to talk to the RC!  For me it never worked, and this seems to be a common problem on Oreo, at least for the new pixels.  This is NOT the intermittent problem some people in this thread are describing, but rather if you can't your Pixel2 to talk to the RC at all.

Here's what you do:

Follow this to get the app connected. I had my Pixel2 XL with USB debugging ON when I tried the app for first time, so never had the initial connection issue. But I initially did face the disconnect after a good minute or so even without flying so I've been using a Samsung S6 since then. But surprisingly, I tried it again today on the Pixel 2 XL, let the mavic sit and it stayed connected more than 15~20 mins without any disconnect.  Would be interested to see if it stays connected while flying too. Hope DJI resolves this soon without this USB debugging workaround
2017-12-30
Use props
Booyah
New

United States

Lol my previous reply's emoji looks like "Dont't follow".

Anyway, I'm happy to report back that after 4 flights, I had 0 disconnects. So yeah, developer options and USB debugging is the way to go for now. I'm running Android 8.1 on the Pixel 2 XL
2018-1-1
Use props
fans6ab20129
New

United States

Regret buying this! Lost a whole afternoon!!! No reason not to work with pixel 2
2018-1-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules