DJI GO 4, Mavic Pro and Pixel 2
11948 52 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans514cb536
New

Germany

Me too, just got the Spark and did not work with my Pixel 2 XL. i am returning the drone and wait for future updates. I am not taking a risk of flying this drone, got disconnected and cause a possible accident.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_Ege9jYM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1296 ft
United States

I tested my wife's new Pixel2 today. Put it in Airplane mode, turned wifi back on. Connected immediately, for the first time, and was able to fly without a problem for about 10 minutes. Feels like success.
2018-1-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Pixel XL original v 8.1.0 no problems
2018-1-19
Use props
Besserwisser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 841316 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This is mind boggling. My guess is that Apple is paying DJI  to keep the apps away from the Android ecosystem.  

The new DJI Air incoming I was hoping that I could throw away my old Samsung tablet I keep around only because it is the only compatible Android device I know.
2018-1-24
Use props
fans7d1af5f0
New
Flight distance : 1586230 ft
United States

Turn on USB debugging; it worked for me.   Couldn't get anything else to work, but as soon as USB debugging was on on the Pixel 2xl everything worked great.  Flew around for about 20 minutes without a hitch.
2018-1-25
Use props
fansbf8bf4a9
New

Australia

I had same issue and my work around was to turn on developer options on the pixel XL 2 and then make sure USB protocal is on media transfer and debugging on. Flew the Mavic around with no disconnectionsit works perfect.
2018-1-25
Use props
fansa429e6b8
New

Ya doesn't work for me either. I've tried all of the suggested fixes. I just get constant connected then  disconnected
2018-4-24
Use props
IronM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11227 ft
Romania

Hi.
I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL with a Mavic Air.
I experienced casual disconnects when the drone was night in sight anymore and found out that fiddling with the small cable got it reconnected. It did this several times until I got enough and used the provided USB to USB C charging cable and connected the phone on the bottom USB port. Since then I've flown 4 batteries in a row without loosing signal.
(it may or may not have to do with developer mode on/off - sometimes I found it on other time off so cannot find a pattern there)
So, WHEN THE APP works, there is no issue with Pixel 2 XL phone, imho.

BUT my problem is not this: After 1-2 days of not using the DJI Go4 app, when trying to open the app it force closes showing that the app is stopped. (not even starting the app). I tried everything and it did not work (clear cache, clear storage, restart phone...). The only thing that works is: uninstall and reinstall the app.

I then found an .APK of the app thinking I can reinstall on the go...but after reinstall the app requires another 80MB of data to be downloaded and then asks you to login to their servers.

BUT this has again more drawbacks: if I use it in an area without GSN signal or internet I can only install it but cannot start the app. So useless again...

Has anyone encounter this also?

Now I don't know what to do...buy Litchi or a Nexus 7 II tablet?!? Either way....more money for something I already paid for!
2018-7-24
Use props
vinnybobdog
lvl.1
Canada

Pixel 2 XL owner here.  I was previously never able to go through three batteries and not experience a disconnect which required me to power cycle the remote to get the DJI Go4 app to reconnect.  This was both scary and a pain.  Then I found this thread.

After enabling USB debugging I just had my first outing where I went through three batteries without issue, flawless!  So thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, my mavic is now flying the way it should thanks to you!
2018-8-28
Use props
EdSkota
New
United States

I'm having the exact issue.  Mavic 2 Pro with Pixel 2 XL
2018-9-28
Use props
Jean-Marc Spaggiari
New

Turning USB debug mode hasn't make any difference for me, however airplane mode works. I can use it normaly. It's just a bit tricky when it's time to update the firmware or the map.

To update the firmware: download it, then application will get disconnected. Turn airplane mode, and now upload the firmware.

Also, when I plug my OnePlus2 it says firmware is up to date. When I plug my Pixel 2 XL it says firmware is outdated ;) Sounds like DJI is experiencing some technical difficulties with the Pixel 2 ;)
2018-10-16
Use props
Yaplonka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277687 ft
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 01:47
The Pixel 2 has not been tested and we can not ensure the stability. I would recommend you to test the performance before making the decision.

Has the pixel 2 been tested yet? Black Friday sale. I want a pixel 2.
Also has Dji disclosed why it's not compatible with so many phones? Maybe it's time to redesign the app from the ground up!
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Yaplonka Posted at 11-22 00:21
Has the pixel 2 been tested yet? Black Friday sale. I want a pixel 2.
Also has Dji disclosed why it's not compatible with so many phones? Maybe it's time to redesign the app from the ground up!

Hi Yaplonka, you may refer to the recommended list here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/downloads For the mobile devices that not in the recommended list, I'm afraid that the stability cannot be ensured, you may test at your end before making the decision.
A.jpg.png
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules