Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Data
4884 31 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

DJI When are you going to fix the battery serial number issue? Some of us use this to monitor the health of our batteries and now we can't!
2017-10-21
Use props
RJ934
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1200377 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a huge issue. It needs to be fixed yesterday!
2017-10-21
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I might have missed this one but what is the battery issue?
Does it effect the p4p?
Does it effect flight performance or safety?
Not trying to take over your post just concerned there maybe an issue im not aware of.
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you be more specific of the battery SN issue? I'd like to check what can I help.
2017-10-22
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 01:20
Could you be more specific of the battery SN issue? I'd like to check what can I help.

Since the two most recent GO updates on iOS the serial number for the batteries used in flight have been stripped out of the flight data. I use this data to check on the health of the various batteries I use. Since the data has been taken away - there is still battery data, but there is no way to identify which battery I was flying. This has helped me in the past identify  a battery with a weak cell that I retired. It is a safety concern and part of my maintenance logs as well. Other apps like Kittyhawk and Airdata also use this data.
2017-10-22
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Have you tried numbering your batteries with a pen or sticker to keep track of which battery is which.
I know that doesnt solve your problem but at least you can easily identify each battery.
2017-10-22
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-22 13:39
Have you tried numbering your batteries with a pen or sticker to keep track of which battery is which.
I know that doesnt solve your problem but at least you can easily identify each battery.

I have them all numbered, however in the data stream provided by the flight logs - there USED to be each batteries serial number transmitted as well. Now that is not there anymore..
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-10-22 10:59
Since the two most recent GO updates on iOS the serial number for the batteries used in flight have been stripped out of the flight data. I use this data to check on the health of the various batteries I use. Since the data has been taken away - there is still battery data, but there is no way to identify which battery I was flying. This has helped me in the past identify  a battery with a weak cell that I retired. It is a safety concern and part of my maintenance logs as well. Other apps like Kittyhawk and Airdata also use this data.

I have checked the device on my hand, the battery SN is available in DJI GO 4. Could you post the screenshot for double check?
2017-10-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-25 01:48
I have checked the device on my hand, the battery SN is available in DJI GO 4. Could you post the screenshot for double check?

Yes the serial number shows up in the app, but not the flight data created by Go in its latest version.  This data has been there for a long time but now it is gone.
2017-10-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

On a similar note: I was truly expecting iOS Go app to get Battery Life returned for us.

Android version still have theirs.

Why can't we get this Important parameter put back in the iOS app for us?

@DJI-Ken was supposed to look into this, but now that he has been vacant from his forum mod personality...

RedHotPoker
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-10-26 12:48
Yes the serial number shows up in the app, but not the flight data created by Go in its latest version.  This data has been there for a long time but now it is gone.

Double checked, which software do you use to review the flight records? We can not ensure this on the third party software, please check the error message of battery in App if something goes wrong.
2017-10-28
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-28 02:08
Double checked, which software do you use to review the flight records? We can not ensure this on the third party software, please check the error message of battery in App if something goes wrong.

This has nothing to do with third party software.. It has to do with removing data output from DJIGo that has always been available. There is no reason for it - the data has always been there in the past versions of GO and now it isn't.  I don't understand the reasoning behind it - is DJI going to start taking away more and more data from us to see with newer versions of DJIGo?  
2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-10-28 08:30
This has nothing to do with third party software.. It has to do with removing data output from DJIGo that has always been available. There is no reason for it - the data has always been there in the past versions of GO and now it isn't.  I don't understand the reasoning behind it - is DJI going to start taking away more and more data from us to see with newer versions of DJIGo?

"is DJI going to start taking away more and more data from us to see with newer versions of DJIGo?"
Yes it seem so, has been going on since this summer, Smart RTH toggle, Gimbal Yaw adjust, HDMI overlay toggle and possibly more i don't remember right now.
I am still convinced their FlySafe team need the space in order to add up their (often false) No Fly- and various Warning zones.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-10-28 08:30

Sorry, I'm a little confused now. Please refer my reply in 8# and kindly offer the screenshot for better assistance. Thank you in advance!
2017-10-30
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-25 01:48

I have the same issue.  I have numbered each of my 4 batteries, but when I review the logs, it goes to "Default".  I keep track of it by hand in a separate database, but it's work.  I shake my head when I review the logs and my drone has forgotten which one it was.  Also, it has forgotten the number of times it was charged.  I keep very accurate records and I know, but something changed in the last firmware and it no longer is accurate... It's not terrible... it's only off by 5-6 charges (depending on the battery)... but it is wrong.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-10-30 06:30
I have the same issue.  I have numbered each of my 4 batteries, but when I review the logs, it goes to "Default".  I keep track of it by hand in a separate database, but it's work.  I shake my head when I review the logs and my drone has forgotten which one it was.  Also, it has forgotten the number of times it was charged.  I keep very accurate records and I know, but something changed in the last firmware and it no longer is accurate... It's not terrible... it's only off by 5-6 charges (depending on the battery)... but it is wrong.

As far as I know, the battery SN can be found in DJI GO for now. I'm not sure what are you referred exactly, sorry about this.
2017-10-30
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 23:45
As far as I know, the battery SN can be found in DJI GO for now. I'm not sure what are you referred exactly, sorry about this.

Sorry, but the point is that it was taken out of the data in the flight logs. I can look at the battery and the GO app when I am flying, but if I am looking at my flight logs and want to know which battery was being used that had a cell reading low compared to others for a particular flight and that battery is a safety risk - that data is no longer included in the flight logs.. To me this is a safety issue and one that should be addressed. It is NOT in the flight logs anymore. This has NOTHING to do with third party software.. It has to do with omitted data - data that can spot performance trends that could potentially lead to failure of a MAJOR component of flight.. The battery - the heart of the aircraft..
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-11-2 14:01
Sorry, but the point is that it was taken out of the data in the flight logs. I can look at the battery and the GO app when I am flying, but if I am looking at my flight logs and want to know which battery was being used that had a cell reading low compared to others for a particular flight and that battery is a safety risk - that data is no longer included in the flight logs.. To me this is a safety issue and one that should be addressed. It is NOT in the flight logs anymore. This has NOTHING to do with third party software.. It has to do with omitted data - data that can spot performance trends that could potentially lead to failure of a MAJOR component of flight.. The battery - the heart of the aircraft..

It seems that we are not in the same page...I want to help you, but it will be difficult to locate the status without your cooperation...
2017-11-3
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-11-2 14:01

yes, exactly, perfectly said, right on point... couldn't agree more!  
2017-11-7
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-11-7 10:33
yes, exactly, perfectly said, right on point... couldn't agree more!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they care at all. I really don't want to jump on the bandwagon feeling this way but it is obvious they don't care. In DJIGo's last update they said that they would take away the warning when you go into sports mode that pops up, but it is still there.. Oh well - guess it's just what we have to deal with.. smh
2017-11-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 01:45
It seems that we are not in the same page...I want to help you, but it will be difficult to locate the status without your cooperation...

In earlier versions of the flight record it used to record the battery serial number. The current flight records do have data on the battery including the voltage in each cell throughout the flight, temperatures etc,  but the actual battery serial number is no longer there. We know that the battery serial number is displayed in the GO 4 app while the drone and RC are turned on so it should be easy for the techos to include that serial number in the flight record again.
2017-11-7
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-11-7 15:52
Unfortunately it doesn't look like they care at all. I really don't want to jump on the bandwagon feeling this way but it is obvious they don't care. In DJIGo's last update they said that they would take away the warning when you go into sports mode that pops up, but it is still there.. Oh well - guess it's just what we have to deal with.. smh

I have come to accept, that DJI is thinking bigger than just the Phantom 4 crowd.  The last "Big" upgrade to the phantom 4 was the color black.... (WOW!)   I don't like it, but I do understand it.  They are focusing on higher end lenses (can you say higher $$ margin?)  They just released a subscription ($100 per month) to play Drone Airport... they are thinking big.  I understand this.  I wish that my drone was more in line with what they were doing, but it's not.  The phantom purchasers are just the cash cow, paying for the advanced and cooler things in other areas.  Wish it was different,,,,, but it's not.
2017-11-9
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-11-9 11:45
I have come to accept, that DJI is thinking bigger than just the Phantom 4 crowd.  The last "Big" upgrade to the phantom 4 was the color black.... (WOW!)   I don't like it, but I do understand it.  They are focusing on higher end lenses (can you say higher $$ margin?)  They just released a subscription ($100 per month) to play Drone Airport... they are thinking big.  I understand this.  I wish that my drone was more in line with what they were doing, but it's not.  The phantom purchasers are just the cash cow, paying for the advanced and cooler things in other areas.  Wish it was different,,,,, but it's not.

Actually I think the Phantom 4 series has just been put in the bin. There have been several firmware updates to the Mavic and Spark and numerous GO 4 app updates for the Spark, a few for the Mavic and nothing for the P4 series. There seem to be numerous gimbal issues and half the population is running the beta firmware but still no formal firmware update.
2017-11-9
Use props
jdelgadoesteban
lvl.1
Flight distance : 693412 ft
Spain

Ah so it's no only me then! Anyone knows how to get the internal serial off the logs to add it manually to DroneLogBook?
2017-11-15
Use props
jdelgadoesteban
lvl.1
Spain

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-22 13:39

I do this as well but does not fixed the issue of the data being imported to DroneLogBook with no serials.
2017-11-15
Use props
jdelgadoesteban
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 23:45

Hi, would you be able to show me where on the Go app you can see the serial number of the battery, I have the Phantom 4 version and I can't see the serial anywhere, at least if I found it this way I could match it up manually to my labelled batteries and then input tis manually in DroneLogBook which is a real pain as it used to be done automatically.

Cheers
2017-11-15
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Seems as though the last update to DJI Go put this data back into the logs!! Thank you DJI (even if it wasn't intentional haha)..
2017-11-19
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

jdelgadoesteban Posted at 2017-11-15 07:42
Hi, would you be able to show me where on the Go app you can see the serial number of the battery, I have the Phantom 4 version and I can't see the serial anywhere, at least if I found it this way I could match it up manually to my labelled batteries and then input tis manually in DroneLogBook which is a real pain as it used to be done automatically.

Cheers

Hi

Not sure it would be actual anymore, the post above sounds like your problem is solved but this picture should give a clue of where to look for batt.s/n.

Screenshot_2017-10-19-14-35-30.png
2017-11-19
Use props
jdelgadoesteban
lvl.1
Spain

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-19 21:44
Hi

Not sure it would be actual anymore, the post above sounds like your problem is solved but this picture should give a clue of where to look for batt.s/n.

Hi thanks for that very useful, I will check on my app and report back.

Cheers
2017-11-20
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

jdelgadoesteban Posted at 2017-11-20 05:06
Hi thanks for that very useful, I will check on my app and report back.

Cheers

NP. Hope you get the issue resolved the right way (info back in the flight logs).
2017-11-20
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

More and more and more data will be stripped....only the earliest Pilot and firmware were written by DJI. Today, is written by an US corporation and anytime your bird goes in for repair, that (all) data is mined...to ensure that, embedded macros are now used.
Happy flying.
2020-11-16
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

for instance, on the P4P I can't see the  S/N but I can if I put the battery on another Phantom...it's not important to me, but if I recall correctly, not original batteries don't show S/N in the app so it could be useful if the DJI app is improved sometime!
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules