123Next >
14338 112 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Edit: Sorry had to reuse this thread, please see in the end of this thread!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As mentioned before this anoying box pop up down right from time to time telling "DJI Recommends: How to make your first post", guess this is nice for new users but ...

From time to time we see users that can't start their own thread, so i clicked the box in the cormer and came to this link., and wondering a lot, where does it say how to make your first post?
Why does the anoying popup  not go to a place telling what the box say?

dji_recommends.png
xv_points.png
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Scroll up, they made the wrong anchor I guess.
It is in the first section.
2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-22 05:51
Scroll up, they made the wrong anchor I guess.
It is in the first section.

Well the popup still send people to the section linked.
Still there could be some better instructions as this forum is not always easy to understand, also many have problems posting pictures even due to missing points or they have not found out they have go to advanced in order to upload a picture.

I think that if the system can see users already has made a thread at some point, it can omit the popup or find some other "DJI Recommends" to link to. :-)
2017-10-22
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

It’s annoying when it keeps,popping up, I wish we could turn it off permanently.
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-22 07:40
Well the popup still send people to the section linked.
Still there could be some better instructions as this forum is not always easy to understand, also many have problems posting pictures even due to missing points or they have not found out they have go to advanced in order to upload a picture.

Yeah, it can be improved for sure.
The anchor is definitely wrong and this pop up rather obsolete.
(at least after 2 posts)
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlanHd Posted at 2017-10-22 07:58
It’s annoying when it keeps,popping up, I wish we could turn it off permanently.

True, they should store your closing action in a cookie (oh wait, we will have to agree upon cookies then)
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-22 08:22
(oh wait, we will have to agree upon cookies then)

How do you think you stay logged into the forum without having to re-enter your password on every page?
2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-22 08:29
How do you think you stay logged into the forum without having to re-enter your password on every page?

Session cookies would do it.

But for sure that is not what is used here.
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-22 08:31
Session cookies would do it.

But for sure that is not what is used here.

Sure.  The only difference between session cookie and persistent cookies is the expiration.  They are still cookies.

And do you really completely close down your browser all the time?  I don't think I've closed mine ever except for when I want to update it.  So no difference between the two cookies in practice.
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-22 08:29

I don't have that problem. Chrome remembers my logged in state and I don't have to log in again. (never actually)
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-22 08:35
Sure.  The only difference between session cookie and persistent cookies is the expiration.  They are still cookies.

And do you really completely close down your browser all the time?  I don't think I've closed mine ever except for when I want to update it.  So no difference between the two cookies in practice.

I always close my browser before shutting down, so that is not a problem.
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-22 09:43
Chrome remembers my logged in state and I don't have to log in again. (never actually)

That's my point.  Your browser does so with cookies.  It's not due to something unique Chrome does; any browser that supports cookies acts the same.  I don't ever have to log in either.  Point is, you already agreed to cookies.  Session or otherwise; doesn't matter which.

Regarding your 2nd post, you actually shut down your machine?? Wow electricity must be expensive over there?  I'm paying $0.115 per kWh and even that is high compared to urban locations here.

But on the original topic here:  Someone said it was possible to block that popup with adblockplus.  I spent a moment trying the other day to figure out which path to block and couldn't immediately find it.  I recall seeing a request pop by about newposts or something like that but I didn't try blocking that one.  For anyone who is really annoyed with the popup, I guess adblockplus is where you want to be looking.  Until DJI gets rid of the damn thing.
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-22 09:47
That's my point.  Your browser does so with cookies.  It's not due to something unique Chrome does; any browser that supports cookies acts the same.  I don't ever have to log in either.  Point is, you already agreed to cookies.  Session or otherwise; doesn't matter which.

Regarding your 2nd post, you actually shut down your machine?? Wow electricity must be expensive over there?  I'm paying $0.115 per kWh and even that is high compared to urban locations here.

Hahahahaha.
No it is more about my PC lifetime. Everything that moves wears down.
So if I shut it off....
And a habit to be able to clean memory etc.

I think it should be possible with adblocker. I know what you have read.
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Solved.  Just add this filter rule to your AdBlock Plus filters list, and no more popup:

forum.dji.com###sitefocus
2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-22 10:10
Solved.  Just add this filter rule to your AdBlock Plus filters list, and no more popup:

forum.dji.com###sitefocus

Thanks, i'll test this right away.
Still thinking DJI should make some decent instructions and link to those. ;-)

I have yet to find out how to use the pictures like in other forums so they are placed where i want them in the post, they always end up in he bottom sorted by filename. :-/
2017-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-22 12:08
Thanks, i'll test this right away.
Still thinking DJI should make some decent instructions and link to those. ;-)

You need to tap in the post, where you want the pic to be located, before you tap the pic. image.jpeg

It's just that easy.

RedHotPoker

2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-22 12:34
You need to tap in the post, where you want the pic to be located, before you tap the pic.[view_image]

It's just that easy.

I have tried that, a few times by writing my post first making some space afterwards and then click the picture icon for uploading.
dji_recommends.png

But it never turned out as i hoped it to do so i have ended up just knowing they would be in the bottom sorted by the filename.

Now trying again, if the pic is not in the bottom, then thank you.
So i just need to figure out why sometimes it show the file name, sometimes not, regardless if i have used the 'description' box or not.

2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-22 12:34
You need to tap in the post, where you want the pic to be located, before you tap the pic.[view_image]

It's just that easy.

Nope didn't work out, you can see the space where i had the cursor when clicking upload ... :-/

Edit: Now tried to edit the above post several times, i can drag a box out of the picture dialog, scale and so on, but when saving it still stick to the bottom.
2017-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-22 13:04
Nope didn't work out, you can see the space where i had the cursor when clicking upload ... :-/

Edit: Now tried to edit the above post several times, i can drag a box out of the picture dialog, scale and so on, but when saving it still stick to the bottom.

Not sure what sequence that you are using,
image.jpeg
but it's simple to place the pic where ever you wish it.

image.jpeg Works for me...

image.jpeg
No problem, what so ever...

RedHotPoker

2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Giving it up, now it stick to the top of the post and wont move from there.
2017-10-22
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I find it hard to believe that DJI's forum construct could have flaws or anomalies in it...I think you all are just looking at it wrong...NOT!
2017-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Like I stated above, you need to touch the area of the post that you want the pic to be, before touching the pic to place it.
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-22 21:11
Like I stated above, you need to touch the area of the post that you want the pic to be, before touching the pic to place it.
[view_image]

LoL, out traveling and using my Linux laptop on the hotel, now i see the picture all over my post above, on a windows machine at home only one picture was shown ... :-/

Firefox on both machines, guess i have to try my next picture attachment from this laptop and see how it turns out ...

Sorry to all for the picture spam above (if some should have noticed) B)

Thanks, RHP
2017-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-24 12:56
LoL, out traveling and using my Linux laptop on the hotel, now i see the picture all over my post above, on a windows machine at home only one picture was shown ... :-/

Firefox on both machines, guess i have to try my next picture attachment from this laptop and see how it turns out ...

Eh, no problem, as you are getting the hang of the ropes on this ship of fools. Ha

Seriously, can you post your pics where you want them, now? image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2017-10-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-24 13:01
Eh, no problem, as you are getting the hang of the ropes on this ship of fools. Ha

Seriously, can you post your pics where you want them, now?[view_image]

Lets test, trying to put the only pic i have at hand below this line

Screenshot at 2017-10-24 21-56-53.png

And above this one ...
2017-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Does the pic show up in the upload window?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-24 13:01

Seriously, can you post your pics where you want them, now?[view_image]

Well closer, the pic came in place (small) without the filename but still it stick in bottom with filename. Grrrrr
2017-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-24 13:11
Well closer, the pic came in place (small) without the filename but still it stick in bottom with filename. Grrrrr

Like learning a new melody on the keyboard, practice makes perfect.

Keep at it, young feller.... Ha

Three lefts will make it right. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-10-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-24 13:11
Does the pic show up in the upload window?

Yes when i haveuploaded i see the small box in the dialog, that was what i dragged out in the text field.
Screenshot at 2017-10-24 23-14-01.png
Now tried to delete the picture and save, still the big bottom one is there and at the picture icon it look like a picture is in the post but i can't see/move it in the post and not in the upload dialog anymore
2017-10-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-24 13:23
Yes when i haveuploaded i see the small box in the dialog, that was what i dragged out in the text field.

This was what i saw when posting the above post ...
A picture tell more than 1000 words i guess ;-)

Screenshot at 2017-10-24 23-21-05.png

Now i think i am on track, has just been able to edit a few posts above, strange thing is i have to do a new upload in order to see and delete the pic from the dialog box when first dialog is closed. Then both new pic and other(s) is in the dialog.
2017-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You don't drag the pic, just tap in the screen where you want the pic located,

and then touch the pic in dialog box, and it will transfer itself. Simple

RedHotPoker
2017-10-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-24 13:30
You don't drag the pic, just tap in the screen where you want the pic located,

and then touch the pic in dialog box, and it will transfer itself. Simple

Think i am on track, now the thread look a less messy, still not feel sure it will do as i want when it count :-)

Looking forward to test on the windows again at home, thanks once more, if nothing else i now know how to make my next new thread with pictures might placed where i want them
2017-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-24 13:52
Think i am on track, now the thread look a less messy, still not feel sure it will do as i want when it count :-)

Looking forward to test on the windows again at home, thanks once more, if nothing else i now know how to make my next new thread with pictures might placed where i want them

I can only hope! Ha
I shall place them where ever, when ever...
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

image.jpeg
2017-10-24
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just noticed this little box doesn't pop up on my screen any more
2017-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would be nice to turn off permanently
2017-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I dont see it either
2017-11-3
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Dale 68 Posted at 2017-11-3 04:38
Just noticed this little box doesn't pop up on my screen any more

Think you're right, it is gone at the moment.
Not sure if it has just been replaced by a function making the word "Phantom 4 Pro" or "P4P" to a link pointing to Mavic in the store, has been wondering many of the new post has some odd links in the first post.
Think that DJI should not modify the content people post if that is what is going on!
2017-11-18
Use props
Andrew Mavurayi
lvl.1
South Africa

My dji mavic pro takes short video clips all the time, 18 seconds to be precise. Is there a setting to change this?
2017-11-21
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Andrew Mavurayi Posted at 2017-11-21 01:53
My dji mavic pro takes short video clips all the time, 18 seconds to be precise. Is there a setting to change this?

I can't tell, only have experience with P4P minus (+)
But you seem to have enough point to start a new thread yourself ;-)
2017-11-21
Use props
VE7ABR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317651 ft
Canada

https://ruclip.com/video/OxpsdW9 ... hantom-4-spark.html
2017-11-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now