Bestem Snap-On Prop guards- base won't fit in case
1405 8 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

I got these today, they seem great much lighter than the previous guards I had but they still feel sturdy. My problem though is that the base pieces won't fit in my case's foam cutout. Should I just leave it how it is where they're like resting on the foam or cut down the foam to fit? It seems like how it is now the phantom is going to get jostled around too much since it's not in there snugly. IF I need to cut what's a good method, just use a Xacto knife?
IMG_3790.jpg
2015-4-8
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Just push it down a bit, my Summitlink snap on guards are the same. Actually it gives you snugger fit. If you see dents in the foam from the landing gear tabs you are fine.
2015-4-8
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-4-9 10:36
Just push it down a bit, my Summitlink snap on guards are the same. Actually it gives you snugger fi ...

yeah I have the Summitlink ones too and they're able to be pushed down into the foam, these aren't. it's kinda hard to see in my photo but these have a little tab that extends out over the foam so the body doesn't get down snugly.
2015-4-8
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Push down a little to make a indentation then use that indentation for a pattern and cut away a little at a time till it fits properly, yep, I would use a Xacto knife
2015-4-8
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I just ordered a set from Bestem Aerial, is that what yours are cayers13?
2015-4-8
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i used a dremmel tool and carved out  foam to allow for my prop guard mounts
2015-4-8
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

A Dremel tool should work fine, just be careful. At 30,000 RPM it would go through that foam like a hot knife through butter.
2015-4-8
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes bill, it does.  i tried both the dremel and exacto knife on both of my cases.  the exacto knife worked better on the more rigid/dense/packed foam and the dremel tool worked better on the looser less packed foam.  both worked well so im sure you could get by with either if you had to.
2015-4-9
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-4-9 11:00
I just ordered a set from Bestem Aerial, is that what yours are cayers13?

yep, they look like they're going to work better for me than the Summitlink. I'd say around nearly half the weight but they don't feel flimsy or cheap. the only thing that worries me is they're not much longer than the prop so if you hit something hard and it flexes the prop might hit it.
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules