Inside abandoned metal Factory GPS loss - quick tips video
2601 28 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Hi, Its been a while since Ive flown. I took it out for a quick fly today at a large factory I found abandoned.Most of the flight was ATTI, a little drifty, very low light. I edited the flight up into a little video

2017-10-22
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the video!
The pause button did not help me when I crashed my mavic into the window protection bars... It just continued drifting towards to window bars, just like a strong magnet and iron. Did not get damage luckily.
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done!
2017-10-22
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

I saw a few times you mention "remember the pause button". What do you mean by that?

Thanks.
2017-10-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice, but dude, if you ever needed a mask during urbexing, this is it -- prop wash kicks up a lot of potentially nasty stuff you don't want coating your lungs.
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the video!
2017-10-22
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

romeotango Posted at 2017-10-22 07:58
I saw a few times you mention "remember the pause button". What do you mean by that?

Thanks.

It is the fastest way to cease input from the remote.
I always like to tell people to remember this, it should be the first thing you press if in trouble.

It will still drift if going fast enough, the pause button does not stop all movement of the drone. In a panic it is a good option. You should always be ready to fly away from danger though, Pause won’t stop all problems, but can give you some breathing space in a panic.
2017-10-22
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-22 09:00
Nice, but dude, if you ever needed a mask during urbexing, this is it -- prop wash kicks up a lot of potentially nasty stuff you don't want coating your lungs.

You are so right. I did come unprepared as I saw this place riding and had the drone in my bag. It did create some great atmosphere for my still shots. I had the police (crime Investigation) turn up not long after shooting this. They thought I was painting, let me keep all my shots but asked me to move on.

It was very dusty - The Mavic also would think there was an obstacle when it hit the dust. I was impressed with that.
2017-10-22
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Here is a still shot
365AE456-1CBC-4271-8DCC-9373EE667762.jpeg
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

How many lead paint chips do I need to eat in order to get my pause button to start working like that?
2017-10-22
Use props
Jimmy007
Second Officer

United States

Great tutorial.  One day I will be brave enough to try this.
2017-10-22
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Singapore

Bax Posted at 2017-10-22 14:47
It is the fastest way to cease input from the remote.
I always like to tell people to remember this, it should be the first thing you press if in trouble.

HI Bax,

Thanks for your response

So can I safely say that pause is the "STOP" button ?  In case of emergency, press the pause button, the bird will come to a stop and hover, is that correct (of course theoretically)?

Thanks
2017-10-22
Use props
Tyredecals.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pause button does nothing when in ATTI mode. The Mavic has nothing work with to stabilise so it will continue to drift. Excellent tips though..

Here is a few extra tips for indoors.
Inertia is not your friend and keep away from ceilings and walls (vortex suction).
Hand launch if you are surrounded by metals.
Use a torch and shine on the ground or do what i do and attach some bright bike leds. This gives the VPS a chance to hold position..Watch out for ATTI descend drops - no GPS and no VPS may cause the the mavic to drop to a restricted altitude (DJI's way of stopping users from flying near airports by covering the GPS antenna and forcing ATTI mode).

2017-10-22
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yeah, I've flown my Mavic a lot and am very comfortable piloting it.  After quite awhile, I decided to try ATTI mode inside my house and promptly flew it into a wall.  No damage, thankfully, but I think I'm cured for flying indoors.  ;)
2017-10-22
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Tyredecals.com Posted at 2017-10-22 18:30
Pause button does nothing when in ATTI mode. The Mavic has nothing work with to stabilise so it will continue to drift. Excellent tips though..

Great advice regarding the torch. Thanks for the heads up on ATTI drop. It was in and out of gps signal at times, it felt quite sluggish to respond sometimes and it did seem to have vortex drift when close to walls and the roof.
The Police came and kicked me out this day, didn’t get to put the 2nd battery in.
2017-10-23
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Singapore

Thanks for the tips
Will be looking out for LED bike lights
2017-10-23
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Singapore

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

Will be looking out for some LED bike light
2017-10-23
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Do the bike LED add much weight?
Where did you order yours?
Thanks
2017-10-23
Use props
Tyredecals.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bax Posted at 2017-10-23 14:52
Do the bike LED add much weight?
Where did you order yours?
Thanks

Ordered mine on ebay. About 5-10 each.
Very light... Not sure what it weighs though..
I used velcro on the rear legs so you dont get unwanted lights in your video.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100LM ... PgLTX8Mi8pENx9Du6Qw

Bike Lights on Mavic Pro

Bike Lights on Mavic Pro

Velcro strapped bike lights on Mavic Pro

Velcro strapped bike lights on Mavic Pro
2017-10-23
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Tyredecals.com Posted at 2017-10-23 17:00
Ordered mine on ebay. About 5-10 each.
Very light... Not sure what it weighs though..
I used velcro on the rear legs so you dont get unwanted lights in your video.

Thanks, look great I think I’ll order.
A little more light on these spots will be great
2017-10-24
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Updated today, all batteries, remote, and Mavic. Now it shows MISMATCHED FIRMWARE error, won't take off. Ive reinstalled DJI GO, refreshed firmware a few times. No luck
I have never had troubles upgrading, anyone know a fix?
2017-10-24
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Great tips. Good to know.
Ubfortunately, indoor flying is not for me!
2017-10-25
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Forget about the pause button in atti mode
2017-10-25
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-22 20:08
Yeah, I've flown my Mavic a lot and am very comfortable piloting it.  After quite awhile, I decided to try ATTI mode inside my house and promptly flew it into a wall.  No damage, thankfully, but I think I'm cured for flying indoors.  ;)

Prop guards are your friends in that situation.
2017-10-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-10-24 23:56
Updated today, all batteries, remote, and Mavic. Now it shows MISMATCHED FIRMWARE error, won't take off. Ive reinstalled DJI GO, refreshed firmware a few times. No luck
I have never had troubles upgrading, anyone know a fix?

This usually happens when one of the batteries wasn't updated -- do you get no matter which battery you use?
2017-10-25
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-25 06:29
This usually happens when one of the batteries wasn't updated -- do you get no matter which battery you use?

Hey Machina,

Na happened with all batteries, really had no reason and the warning was different than I have received before when forgetting the battery update.

Spent the day chatting to service after doing  all the troubleshooting I could. They want  me to send it in

I reluctantly plugged my other Mavic in to the same computer and upgraded with the same download, it worked no problem and all the batteries were already upgraded.

Odd, happened to one Mav and not the other, exact same process different drones different results
2017-10-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-10-26 05:24
Hey Machina,

Na happened with all batteries, really had no reason and the warning was different than I have received before when forgetting the battery update.

Weirdness, did they have you try downgrading/re-upgrading your firmware? Can you even do that these days?
2017-10-26
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-26 07:50
Weirdness, did they have you try downgrading/re-upgrading your firmware? Can you even do that these days?

I tried the downgrafe upgrade thing but didn’t help, tried restoring default ... nothing. They didn’t have me do anything other than provide screenshots.
I always screen grab errors just in case.

2017-10-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-10-26 15:13
I tried the downgrafe upgrade thing but didn’t help, tried restoring default ... nothing. They didn’t have me do anything other than provide screenshots.
I always screen grab errors just in case.

Geeze. Well, good luck, at least you can fly your second one while the first is being looked at.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules