Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Locked Device
3349 29 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Hey guys, the other day I took the drone out to a buddies place (in the bush) to get some pics of his house and the drone said Locked Device, and of course did not work. It fired up normally, did its thing, but didnt go to GPS or vision, was just locked.  I restarted everything, phone, controller, drone, and did not work, still Locked.  I knew I did not have the latest firmware, but was perfectly fine with what I had previously, so I assumed it was a feature to force me to update the drone to latest firmware.  I went to update the drone today and when I turned it on, it wasnt Locked anymore??  Anyone know whats going on?  Id hate to go out again and have it locked not knowing why. Saw this come up when I googled it, but never saw a reason of why it happened.
Any input would be great. Thanks.
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I'm guessing you haven't flown that in a while?  You have to log into DJI Go 4 once, basically so they can spy on you.  When you were at your buddy's house I'm guessing you didn't have an internet connection on your phone.  When you got home and started to screw with it, you did, and all was normal.

If you want to test that everything's going to be OK, put your phone into airplane mode, disable wifi, and hook up the Phantom to see what it does.  Should be fine.
2017-10-22
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

I flew it about a week and a half prior to it being locked. You are correct that I don't have the best signal out there but I did have some data signal on the phone, not strong, could have been in and out.
I have just checked with wifi off, and airplane mode on, and it is not locked, and I am able to fly.
SO, if I am in a place with bad cell signal, I have to turn off wifi, and turn on airplane mode, and will solve this issue?
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

If during that week and a half you didn't update DJI Go 4 nor log out manually or anything of that nature, then I'm afraid I don't know what would have caused it.  I just went through the same thing yesterday but I didn't have an iffy connection to test with, plus I always fly with all interference-causing stuff switched off.  
2017-10-22
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI GO 4 could have updated on its own (being on my phone all apps tend to auto update) and I never noticed, I believe that must be the issue. APP updated itself, then I did not connect to drone before being out of internet range, so it didn't not log in under myself, and locked it out.
I think you are right on this one. Thanks!
2017-10-22
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-10-22 11:27
DJI GO 4 could have updated on its own (being on my phone all apps tend to auto update) and I never noticed, I believe that must be the issue. APP updated itself, then I did not connect to drone before being out of internet range, so it didn't not log in under myself, and locked it out.
I think you are right on this one. Thanks!

There is one other possibility, but I have to admit you should have received a message saying so, did you check to see if you were in restricted airspace.  If you are it will not let you fly there...
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the issue remain if changing to another DJI account? What's the current version of your APP? Please post a screenshot for better analysis, thank you in advance.
2017-10-23
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-22 21:59
There is one other possibility, but I have to admit you should have received a message saying so, did you check to see if you were in restricted airspace.  If you are it will not let you fly there...

When it was locked out i was in the bush and out of signal, it worked again when i tried it at my house in town (which is a no fly zone but i have it all turned off, just fly in known allowed areas)
2017-10-23
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-23 00:40
Does the issue remain if changing to another DJI account? What's the current version of your APP? Please post a screenshot for better analysis, thank you in advance.

Im not sure, I havent tried changing accounts. It worked once I was back in cell signal. I am using DJI GO 4, I am not on the latest firmware, I am using the previous firmware.
2017-10-23
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-23 00:40

It is no longer locked out, is that what you wanted a screenshot of?
2017-10-23
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-10-23 06:53

On one of the previous updates it was mandatory to turn everything on and then sign out of the APP and then sign back into it to regain functionality of most of the special features and geo-fencing.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-10-23 06:53

Thanks for getting back to us, If the same issue appears, please kindly save the screenshot, we'd like to look into it.
2017-10-25
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Bad news. Happening again
2017-12-1
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

I made sure to try it at home this morning before I left and I get out in the bush and device locked...
2017-12-1
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Took screen shot will upload when I make the 2 hour journey back home. Frustrating.
2017-12-1
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

that happened to me not to long ago and it wasnt that i was near an airport but it was an area where planes flew very low and i had to email the faa to get a code in order to fly there.
2017-12-1
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

So before drove home I decided to try some things. I uninstalled the app and then installed it again, at first it popped up device locked then bam switched to warm up and good to go now!.. second time this has happened though and no idea why. I was logged in the app and changed nothing.
2017-12-1
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Changed the battery to do more flying and happened again. Although this time it said to unlock device click here. When clicked it said something about maps resetting or something (was to excited forgot to screenshot) and bam worked
2017-12-1
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Screenshots
Screenshot_20171224-145849.jpg
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Screenshots
Screenshot_20171224-150956.jpg
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Screenshots
Screenshot_20171224-145803.jpg
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

It was locked and didn't let me do anything, once I restarted the drone it popped up that it updated and click to unlock. But controller still needs update. I don't want the new firmware update what can I do
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

It does work after unlocked but this is happening almost every time I go to use the drone
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

It does work after unlocked but this is happening almost every time I go to use the drone
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Screenshots
Screenshot_20171224-163546.jpg
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Screenshots
Screenshot_20171224-163602.jpg
2017-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

surfnhunt Posted at 2017-12-1 07:43
that happened to me not to long ago and it wasnt that i was near an airport but it was an area where planes flew very low and i had to email the faa to get a code in order to fly there.

So, having a Cellular device, with a live network, has another use. Go figure... Haha

Please don't fear updating, if it allows you to actually fly. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-12-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We shouldnt be grounded just because there is an update, thats just wrong, it should be our choice to update or not, more so after seeing issues after updates on here
2017-12-24
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Exactly...........................................  I don't want GEO fencing... I don't fly in NO FLY zones... I fly respectively...
2018-1-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Gubes17 Posted at 2018-1-2 16:59
Exactly...........................................  I don't want GEO fencing... I don't fly in NO FLY zones... I fly respectively...

Then get another manufacturer's aircraft. DJI implements GEO fencing and will not change its posaition on that.
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules