Just Scored a iPad Mini 4 128 GB Wifi Only!!!!
1600 28 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Just like the title said....now what?
How do I proceed w/ this since I have no clue how (Android guy).
iPad mini 4 got 128 GB wifi only and and a IOS 11.0.3 installed.
Downloaded/installed Go 4 from app store and Google Map app so I can cache my map.
I connected the RC to iPad w/ supplied lightning cable and won't  connect...there's no hand shake between the 2.
What am I doing wrong,  did I download the wrong GO 4 app, android instead of ios (I don't think so)?
Cable on the side was removed long time ago since I've been using the USB to connect my androids.
Is IOS 11.0.3 compatible w/ DJI app or should I downgrade to previous IOS and how?
Thanks for any help and suggestions......oh yeah I don't have other cables to try coz this my 1st apple.                                                
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using a regular ipad with wifi only and mine is compatible with the 11.0.2 and also using my iPhone 6+ with 11.0.3  with no problems.  Try deleting app and re-load again.  
2017-10-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-10-22 17:50
I am using a regular ipad with wifi only and mine is compatible with the 11.0.2 and also using my iPhone 6+ with 11.0.3  with no problems.  Try deleting app and re-load again.

Thanks for the reply, I deleted and re installed GO apps a several times already and no joy.
Can I use the lightning cable supplied w/ the iPad or I need to get a data cable.
Seems like the supplied cable is for charging only and not for data transfer...like I said I'm clueless w/ apple.......thnx.
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use a plain ole' lightning cable on mine with no problem.
2017-10-22
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use this cable from Amazon:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is recommended to use the original cable of your iPad. Have you tried to refresh the OS of your iPad mini via iTunes?
2017-10-22
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-10-22 18:31
I use this cable from Amazon:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P66F35A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Exactly what I use and works like a charm.
2017-10-23
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

There are times I have to completely shut down and restart the Ipad to get the Go4 app to work. My hookup goes: 1) Turn on Ipad 2) Turn on RC 3) Connect Ipad to RC thru either port 4) Open DJI app, checking version should go through process, go into Mavic, you should see 'aircraft disconnected' 5) Start up Mavic and all should be good to go.

If you leave the RC and Ipad connected and just swap out batteries on the Mavic between flights, everything should stay good. If you disconnect the Ipad from the RC, you'll have to shut down and restart the Ipad  mini 4 again. Like you, I was(and is) an Android guy, and in android you can 'force stop' the app to completely close it down. I havn't found a way to do that in IOS yet.
2017-10-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
United States

Joepub1 Posted at 2017-10-23 06:11
There are times I have to completely shut down and restart the Ipad to get the Go4 app to work. My hookup goes: 1) Turn on Ipad 2) Turn on RC 3) Connect Ipad to RC thru either port 4) Open DJI app, checking version should go through process, go into Mavic, you should see 'aircraft disconnected' 5) Start up Mavic and all should be good to go.

If you leave the RC and Ipad connected and just swap out batteries on the Mavic between flights, everything should stay good. If you disconnect the Ipad from the RC, you'll have to shut down and restart the Ipad  mini 4 again. Like you, I was(and is) an Android guy, and in android you can 'force stop' the app to completely close it down. I havn't found a way to do that in IOS yet.

I will try all the suggestions here....thnx guys!
For the meantime the morning weather is so nice I think I'll go out and do some flying around w/ my proven setup.............THANKS ALL!!!!!!
2017-10-23
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-10-23 06:58
I will try all the suggestions here....thnx guys!
For the meantime the morning weather is so nice I think I'll go out and do some flying around w/ my proven setup.............THANKS ALL!!!!!!

Hi Eagle_Eye,

As far as I understand, you must unplug everything on the side of your Mavic RC before you connect your iPad mini 4 to the bottom port of your Mavic RC, otherwise the bottom port will just be disabled.

Henry
2017-10-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-10-23 07:06
Hi Eagle_Eye,

As far as I understand, you must unplug everything on the side of your Mavic RC before you connect your iPad mini 4 to the bottom port of your Mavic RC, otherwise the bottom port will just be disabled.

Thanks Henry, as for the side cable it's been long gone like I stated on the 1st post.
Anyway thanks for pointing that out, very useful for real beginners........thnx.
2017-10-23
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-10-23 07:54
Thanks Henry, as for the side cable it's been long gone like I stated on the 1st post.
Anyway thanks for pointing that out, very useful for real beginners........thnx.

Ah! My fault, overlooked your statement in Post#1.

You'd better grab this moment of nice weather with your proven setup first, and figure out the iPad Mini 4 w/ iOS 11.0.3 later.

Have a nice day!

Henry
2017-10-23
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

I'm running iOS 11.1 and DJI Go 4.0.8, runs great.
2017-10-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-10-22 18:11
Thanks for the reply, I deleted and re installed GO apps a several times already and no joy.
Can I use the lightning cable supplied w/ the iPad or I need to get a data cable.
Seems like the supplied cable is for charging only and not for data transfer...like I said I'm clueless w/ apple.......thnx.

You do need a data cable.  If the one you have is charging only it won't work.  Data is exchanged between the controller and the iPad.
2017-10-23
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Joepub1 Posted at 2017-10-23 06:11

Force Stop the app by double-clicking the home button till you see your running processes, then swipe the DJI Go 4 app up, off the screen.
2017-10-23
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I use the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5" with no problems. I started using the Lightning cable that came with the iPad, but have since switched to a 12" cable from Anker.

1) Remove the DJI (or any other) cable from the left side of the controller.
2) Plug your own USB/Lightning cable into the connector at the bottom of the Mavic's controller.
3) Turn on the controller.
4) Plug in the Mavic's battery, and turn on the Mavic.
5) Wait until you feel the controller vibrate after it connects to the Mavic.
6) Plug the lightning end of the USB/Lightning cable into the iPad and wake the iPad.
7) Start the DJI Go 4 app.

I follow the above steps EVERY time I fly, and it works EVERY time.  I've never had the DJI Go 4 app crash (I've had the iPad overheat and shutdown, one time, while flying in direct sunlight in 93-degree weather... but that's another issue!)
2017-10-23
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

The cable provided with the iPad is for charging and data, so that one does work for sure...

I have a iPad 4 Mini Wi-Fi, iOs 11.0.3 and latest App version, works like a charm... make sure there is no dust of dirt in the connector-ports...
2017-10-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
United States

Guys!!!!I got it!!!
Thanks to all for your help/suggestions.
2017-10-23
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-10-23 10:02
Force Stop the app by double-clicking the home button till you see your running processes, then swipe the DJI Go 4 app up, off the screen.

Thank you, new to IOS and it worked  like you said.  Just like android, just didn't know how to get there. Happy flying.
2017-10-23
Use props
CDavid
lvl.1

United States

It is also a good practice to close (Force Stop  for Android) any open apps on the iPad using the same double click the Home button and swiping any open apps upwards. I try to make sure there are not any apps running when I use the Go 4 app. I also just bought an iPad Mini 4 128GB wifi that will be dedicated to flying.

David
2017-10-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-10-23 11:48
Guys!!!!I got it!!!

What did the trick?
2017-10-23
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-10-23 11:48
Guys!!!!I got it!!!

Can you fill us in ?
2017-10-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
United States

Well, hooked the the mini to itune after I put it on recovery mode then reset and update IOS.
After it reset and updated connected the mini to RC (supplied cable), powered RC ON w/c auto open GO 4 app and it didn't even prompt to tap "GO FLY" or "Enter Device".
It proceeded to camera view w/c shows "aircraft disconnected", powered ON the MP and BAM!!!!!it's ALIVE!!!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!
2017-10-23
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-10-23 17:23
Well, hooked the the mini to itune after I put it on recovery mode then reset and update IOS.
After it reset and updated connected the mini to RC (supplied cable), powered RC ON w/c auto open GO 4 app and it didn't even prompt to tap "GO FLY" or "Enter Device".
It proceeded to camera view w/c shows "aircraft disconnected", powered ON the MP and BAM!!!!!it's ALIVE!!!!!

Great !!

Now have fun with it !
2017-10-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
United States

Yup!!!flew 2 full batt this afternoon after solving the issue and it's solid, seems like the MP is more responsive.
And oh yeah I'm still on FW 400 and flying w/ low noise props, noticeable noise drop.
2017-10-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Always,

1- turn on the remote

2- turn on the MP

3- once the MP initialized turn the GO4 on
2017-10-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-23 04:28
Exactly what I use and works like a charm.

I have been using this cable for almost year now and never disconnect or shut down. Best $10.00 I ever spent.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's great to hear that the connecting issue was resolved. Actually, our related department is talking to Apple to solve this problem, hope all will get worked soon.
2017-10-24
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-10-23 10:10
I use the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5" with no problems. I started using the Lightning cable that came with the iPad, but have since switched to a 12" cable from Anker.

1) Remove the DJI (or any other) cable from the left side of the controller.

I use the same start up sequence for running Android on the P3P, Mavic & P4P, have tried other sequences IE: DJI App on, controller on, AC on and have issues connecting ect... this sequence works for me every time as well.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules