1627 8 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Went flying today and got a automatic update notification that my DJI Go 4 app was not consistent with aircraft firmware.  I tried to update it from version 4.1.09 to latest version 4.1.10.  Although it downloaded it, it would not install.  So, I uninstalled my current version of DJI Go 4 and then tried to reinstall latest version from PlayStore.  Now, I get an error on the DJI Go 4 page saying "your current device is not compatible" and it does not give me a option of downloading earlier version of app.  So, I am asking if DJI is indeed not going to support the most popular Android phone on the market or is this just some anomoly in the PlayStore?  I'm running a SamSung Galaxy S8 with Android 7.0 ...
2017-10-22
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've solved this myself, apparently I can download and install directly from DJI support page, though, my S8 gives me a "Permission" error.  It seems the latest DJI Go 4 app has not been approved by the PlayStore and by default my device does not install apps from unverified sources.  Interesting......
2017-10-22
Use props
Bapekaws
New
Flight distance : 291519 ft
Singapore

hi i also have the same problems with you and i'm using S8+.

so did you downgrade the DJI go 4 app?
2017-10-22
Use props
AlexMil72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565194 ft
Italy

@BengalBoy
If you were unable to install the app downloaded from DJI website because you didn't get it from PlayStore, you may  check this:
http://eguides.sprint.com/suppor ... nknown_sources.html

In case you have installed it succesfully, you can manage the application permission - see:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00048234/

Hope this helps.
2017-10-22
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlexMil72 Posted at 2017-10-22 20:23
@BengalBoy
If you were unable to install the app downloaded from DJI website because you didn't get it from PlayStore, you may  check this:
http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/samsunggalaxys8s8plus/content/samsung_galaxy_s8_s8_plus_ug/unknown_sources.html

Thanks, it installed easily from DJI's website under "support" and "software".  It seems it doesn't have a verified certificate for download directly from the PlayStore, at least, my device needed special permission to install it referencing that issue.  However, installation went easily and I signed in.  Next time I hope to have all the new features like "quick shot" available for use with my Mavic.  Thanks for your advice!
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-10-22 22:21
Thanks, it installed easily from DJI's website under "support" and "software".  It seems it doesn't have a verified certificate for download directly from the PlayStore, at least, my device needed special permission to install it referencing that issue.  However, installation went easily and I signed in.  Next time I hope to have all the new features like "quick shot" available for use with my Mavic.  Thanks for your advice!

You can use the quick shot feature with the new version now. Enjoy your drone!
2017-10-27
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yep I have the S8 plus and I just downloaded 4.1.10 from apk mirror about 3 weeks ago it has run Flawless for me I do run the phone in 1080P mode though
2017-10-27
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-27 00:57
You can use the quick shot feature with the new version now. Enjoy your drone!

Thank you!  I've enjoyed watching the DJI features improve from model to model and in the Mavic's case, since model release.  I really enjoy the photographs & videos they enhance or make easier to capture professionally.  I shot this Donzi at 25mph using ActiveTrac.  It really makes it much easier to fly and shoot professional looking video on a moving target.  Flying my old Phantom 2 Vision+ required maintaining distance and constant altitude while giving left or right yaw.  With ActiveTrac its just a left/right stick to fly a almost perfect circle around the selected subject, even at high speed.  

Using ActveTrac to follow a Donzi at 25mph. I'm able to smoothly fly around it by simply giving it ...

Using ActveTrac to follow a Donzi at 25mph.  I'm able to smoothly fly around it by simply giving it  ...
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-10-29 17:05
Thank you!  I've enjoyed watching the DJI features improve from model to model and in the Mavic's case, since model release.  I really enjoy the photographs & videos they enhance or make easier to capture professionally.  I shot this Donzi at 25mph using ActiveTrac.  It really makes it much easier to fly and shoot professional looking video on a moving target.  Flying my old Phantom 2 Vision+ required maintaining distance and constant altitude while giving left or right yaw.  With ActiveTrac its just a left/right stick to fly a almost perfect circle around the selected subject, even at high speed.

That's a cool picture. I think you can shoot more with the quick shot. Thanks for your positive view on our products.
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules