PLEASE HELP Phantom shutting off mid air doing flip and recovering
1517 8 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New

United States

I have a phantom 2 v2 with h3 3d gimbal and gopro hero 3 black... Had many successfull flights including one in the morning... didnt change any settings only did "compass dance" before flight in afternoon.. then mid air i put in ioc course lock and accelerated forward and phantom seemed to shut off and plummet towards the earth.. Just out of fear/reaction I hit the throttle to ascend and the phantom would regain itself and hover (It did a flip)... it was slightly windy so i thought i just got lucky and got some good footage.. but every flight thereafter when i would accelerate forward the phantom does some sort of flip.. on the video it seems as if the phantom shuts off and only regains itself by me trying to ascend out of fright. Please help!!

I been doing imu calibrations... just updated to the new 3.12 firmware... compass dance... same thing just keeps doing flips... scaring me, will be grounded til i get fixed... anyone have any suggestions or possible solution to my problem before I send it in for weeks it seems like other ppl or doing or pay who knows how much to get it looked at????

Please help
2015-4-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Where's the video?
2015-4-8
Use props
New

United States

Here is the video! any suggestions are helpful.. uploaded to youtube

2015-4-8
Use props
New

United States

anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? was happening in naza mode but tried again in phantom mode same thing
2015-4-8
Use props
FlymoUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I also had a flip but was only 10ft of the ground so it hit, limited damage and can a fly again.
I have checked everything but could not find any anomalies.
Hopefully someone will get to the bottom of this.
2015-4-9
Use props
marc.aronowitz
lvl.2

United States

Ok, that's scary.     IMO I would send it back to DJI under warranty and have them check it out.   Be careful!
2015-4-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

My little Syma x5c can do that too but there is a CSC to induce it....2 motors on 1 side are decelerating and the other 2 make the phantom roll....sure your not doing that? ESCs malfunctioning....
2015-4-9
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Wow, I'd love to be able to do that on demand!

Not much help to you solving the problem though
2015-4-9
Use props
New

United States

Thanks... unable to get ahold of anyone over the phone seller or DJI.. just emailed DJI for warranty claim will let you know how it goes..
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules