Mavic Pro precision landing
2545 9 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I amamazed at the ability of the Mavic to consistantly land on my small helipad. A piece of coreflute as used by realtors and a little paint. I have some farm land over the back fence which is great for flying, even with gusting wind, landing is on the pad most times.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtdVdrvyXp-hiS6QOdcUeldQ_AC2
How do you find the accuracy? How does this compare with other drones?

2017-10-23
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Mine will land within a few inches of where it takes off from when I use "precision home point" method at take off. But when I use RTH, I always, always watch it as it is landing just to make sure that it is doing what it is suppose to do. Probably never will trust it 100%.
2017-10-24
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Locoman Posted at 2017-10-24 02:43
Mine will land within a few inches of where it takes off from when I use "precision home point" method at take off. But when I use RTH, I always, always watch it as it is landing just to make sure that it is doing what it is suppose to do. Probably never will trust it 100%.

The same with me!
2017-10-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. But in the nine months I’ve had my Mavic I’ve only used Rth twice only to make sure it works. I believe Rth is for emergencies only.
2017-10-24
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

great precision
2017-10-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Precision land works fine.  It hates landing on tables or raised up surfaces though.  Stops 100% of the time with unsuitable surface error.  Im guessing the different altitudes confuse it.

RTH isn't an emergency procedure.  It automates the other method of just "holding the throttle stick forward" to fly it home.  Both methods work.  Both methods need someone to monitor its progress.
2017-10-24
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

" Both methods need someone to monitor its progress"  Yup, Yup that's why we call ourselves PILOTS !
2017-10-24
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-24 13:18
" Both methods need someone to monitor its progress"  Yup, Yup that's why we call ourselves PILOTS !

Agree. This was a RTH landing on video, but mostly I manually control. I landed under quite adverse gusting wind the other day. That was a slow process.
2017-10-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yeah, when you think about all the programming that is in that quad, it's amazing that it can do so much so well.
2017-10-24
Use props
UtsavChopra30
lvl.1

India

You can use IR Lock as an addition or if you more concern about the accuracy then you should check the FlytDock by FlytBase.

I hope it will help you.
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules