Gimbal not working when moving craft right and left?
846 6 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fergatron
lvl.2
Australia

Hello,

I have been on a chat session with DJI today and yesterday.

Yesterday the Mavic got too hot while I was changing settings indoors and it cut out.
Then that afternoon I got a System Error and it refused to fly because of Downward Vision Sensor Calibration Error.
That night I did a refresh of the current firmware in Assistant 2.

This morning I did a VPS calibration but the cable wasn't long enough (I have a 27 inch iMac) so I had to shut down the Mavic and reattach the cable to my keyboard.
When I got back into Assistant 2 it now told me my already up to date firmware which had also been refreshed yesterday now needed an upgrade.
I did that.
Then a VPS calibration.
Then did a test flight and everytime I went left or right using the right stick I got a really bad tilt effect. Please see video
esp. at 1 minute mark and then 1min55.

What do I do? A complete factory reset? Or do you think there is something going on with the main board what with the hot underplate and system error yesterday.

Love to know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Anna
2017-10-24
Use props
djiuser_j5WbuHi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32323 ft
Thailand

You enter the gimbal setting menu and set gimbal mode at follow mode.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like 2# said, it seems like the gimbal is in FPV mode now, please check if it is in Follow mode. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-10-24
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Check the mode of the gimbal... if in FPV mode swicth to Follow mode... if it is already in Follow mode there is something wrong with the MP. Maybe this then can be solved by refreshing FW via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-10-24
Use props
fergatron
lvl.2
Australia

Mari Posted at 2017-10-24 09:35
Check the mode of the gimbal... if in FPV mode swicth to Follow mode... if it is already in Follow mode there is something wrong with the MP. Maybe this then can be solved by refreshing FW via DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks Mari. Guess what! I checked and it is set to Follow already. I am thinking that with the overheating, the system error and now this then there is definitely something awry with the processor.

Thanks everyone for getting me to check this setting first though.

Anna
2017-10-24
Use props
fergatron
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-24 03:57
Like 2# said, it seems like the gimbal is in FPV mode now, please check if it is in Follow mode. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

Thanks DJI Thor. Problem persists. Gimbal was already set to follow on DJI Go.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fergatron Posted at 2017-10-24 19:47
Thanks DJI Thor. Problem persists. Gimbal was already set to follow on DJI Go.

Sorry for the late reply. Please help to name the firmware version, upload the original video from SD card to Dropbox, and sync your flight records, then PM me the link and your DJI account, I'll forward to the engineers to see if there we could help directly.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules