34272 17 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniChopper4Me
lvl.1
Flight distance : 653 ft
Peru

Hello,

I am having issues getting connected from my iPhone 6 plus to my Mavic controller.  This problem only showed up 2 days ago, and everything seems to be working fine otherwise. I tried using several USB cables connected to the bottom port of the controller as well as the side port with the DJI cable, no thing works.  I made sure to have the side cable disconnected for the bottom port tests.  I was able to link to the Mavic in WiFi mode directly and everything works fine.  Controls, video feed, etc.  I was getting magnetic intereference errors earlier, but I tested again in another spot with no magnetic interference and the issue persists.  I recently upgraded to the iPhone 8 plus, and so in the interim I have 2 phones to test with.  Both are running IOS 11.0.3.

When I power up the Mavic, it goes fine.  Then I power up the controller, it binds and the display is reading correctly.  Connecting the phone with the DJI GO 4 app running never changes the status of the blue button on the bottom right to "Get Connected" and so even if I enter the device, all I have is a black video screen and no readings from the controller whatsoever.

I've tried rebooting every device multiple times, and still nothing.  The indications seem to show that the link between the phone and the controller is the culprit, but after trying with a bunch of different cables, I can't seem to find anything else to try.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this issue?  Unfortunately I'm in Peru not at home, so access to tools and such are limited, but I do have my laptop so firmware replacement is possible.

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you also tried another lightning cable? I do hear that some of the users have a problem to connect the RC with the iOS device after updating the iOS system to iOS 11, so if changing cable doesn't help, please try to upgrade to iOS 11.1 beta 3, then it will work if it is not an RC hardware issue. And our engineers are talking to Apple to solve this issue, hope thing will get sorted soon. Besides, if you have an Android device, please try and see it is if the connecting port issue, if you couldn't get it linked with Android devices, I would recommend sending it in, we will help to check.
2017-10-24
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Since English is not the native language of most moderator here, there are some communication errors...

Many problems of not connecting are resolved by using the USB-cables you got with your device, connected to the bottom USB-port. If that doesn't fix your problem, removing and re-installing of App may work. In case of an Android device, removing of cache from DJI Go 4 app is sufficient.

For remote controlled devices it is normal to first power up the remote then the MP(P)... In case of an Android device, as soon as RC connects to phone DJI Go App will start automatically, in case of iOs device you have to manualy start the DJIO Go App. For powering down, first the MP(P) then the RC...
2017-10-24
Use props
fans39b0641b
New
Sweden

Have the same problem. The app on my iPhone 6s will not connect to the flight controller after uppgrading to iOS11. Just says ”disconnected”. Tried USB to lightning cable, restarting everything, reinstalling the app, resetting the phone to factory resetting without success. It works fine with my iPad,
Please fix this ASAP
2017-10-24
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

This happened to me too and I found out my RC cable is defective. I tried another cable for the bottom USB one and that one worked like a charm. Going to contact DJI for a replacement soon. Apparently the RC cables are known to be defective if you Google it.
2017-10-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The first thing to try is to uninstall the app and reinstall. This can sometimes fix connection problems.
2017-10-24
Use props
MiniChopper4Me
lvl.1
Peru

I was able to get a bit further after upgrading to IOS 11.1 beta 3.  I can now get connected to the controller, but the screen is unresponsive to touch, and all of the "data" is missing: HVel, V Vel, distance, etc.  While the camera buton and settings button are visible, they are not responsive to touch.  In the meantime I'll just need to learn how to perform some of the functions I was used to performing by touching the screen: auto-focus, change from photo to video, looking at the map, etc.

Incidentally, I tried having different cables connected to the bottom port already, and that didn't make any difference.  I actually get the same result using the stock DJI cable on the side port.  I also tried starting up the app first and going into the screen before connecting the cable, but the only difference is the screen gets frozen after the "settings" page comes up (the one you open by pressing to the right of where where it says DJI at the top of the screen normally.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, no change.

I'm unable to attempt downgrading  to IOS 10 on my device unfortunately, the ipsw is no longer signed for the iPhone 6 plus.  I'm fairly confident at this point its a software glitch.
2017-10-25
Use props
fans6d709d77
New

United States

Confirm this is a software glitch. A bad one as a new user I have a pretty expensive brick. Please provide a resolution or else I have to return it. Sad birthday.
2017-10-25
Use props
MiniChopper4Me
lvl.1
United States

I was able to get it working.  When I took the drone and remote outside and stopped using the wifi at the hotel I was staying at in Peru, once the phone started using the carrier internet, everything worked as expected.  I am assuming at this point that its either a blocked port or a blocked site.  Can anyone provide more detail?
2017-10-29
Use props
PlacitasMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321627 ft
United States

Interestingly, I can connect to an iPhone 7s Plus, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6, but cannot get it to connect to an iPhone 6s Plus. I have tried everything suggested here. Seems to be the controller and the phone just don't communicate.
2017-12-31
Use props
RepKK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58780 ft
United States

Can I ask if when you had this problem you were wearing an iWatch that was connected to your iPhone.  I got an iWatch this weekend and am having very similar problem that doesn't go away unless i turn off the bluetooth on my phone.
2018-1-15
Use props
Stitch10925
lvl.1
Belgium

I also experienced issues with the connection between the phone and the remote. Oddly enough it seems like this occured because of my phone having a low battery. As soon as I charged the phone up, the problem went away. Maybe you can give this a try, just to check?

My post about this issue is here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-169995-1-1.html
2018-10-20
Use props
Peter Mills
New
Australia

I had an issue with the USB action on my android phone. Had to select data transfer. It hasn't needed this before, could have been an upgrade issue with phone. Once I had selected data transfer the phone connected to the controller.
2019-7-21
Use props
C8LT3N
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I had the same issue. My old phone broke, so I was trying to connect a different smartphone to the Mavic 2 Pro controller... I unplugged the cable from both the controller and the phone and removed it from the controller mount completely. Then I plugged the cable back into the phone and controller without mounting the phone in the controller arms... and it worked! This isn't necessarily a fix, since the phone isn't mounted, but may help you determine if the USB cable connection is funky between the phone and the controller.

If this doesn't work, I recommend trying to connect to another smartphone with the same USB port-type. If neither phone connects, that means it's definitely a broken cable. If the cable works on the other phone, that could mean the port on your phone could be the issue...

Hopefully this helps. Good luck!
2019-10-19
Use props
Edvīns Dreimanis
New

United Kingdom

Run in to same issue after last update - thought thats cable  goes weird as in the beginning just had to restart app and where fine. Now RC is connecting  to AC as normal but can't get any of mobile device to connect via RC, tried android and ios devices as well as all kind of connection cables at the side and bottom with no luck.

2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6503 ft

United States

What a piece of crap. I've tried all of the above AND tried to connect to three different devices. None of them worked!
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1

United States

Controller will not link to a Samsung A10e. Why???
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1

United States

Wow, my Parrot ANAFI software has worked perfectly EVERY TIME! Highly recommend you all switch over to Parrot!
2021-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules