Will the new PH3 app features also be available on the I1?
1769 20 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard
New

Netherlands

Just wondering...

The new features, available in the Pilot app for the new Phantom 3, will they bey available for use with the Inspire 1 to?
ie. quick editing, Live stream to youtube...

2015-4-8
Use props
garethgr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366201 ft
United Kingdom

I think that those are the questions all of us are currently asking really. They would be silly not to extend the same ability to a bird we all paid a lot more money for.
2015-4-8
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Do you really think the Pilot application currently has any features for P3 that are not available for use with the I1? You do know is the same application, right?
2015-4-9
Use props
garethgr
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-9 16:04
Do you really think the Pilot application currently has any features for P3 that are not available f ...

Yea its the same, app. However probably a newer version with extra features. Like the "follow me", "director" and "live stream".
2015-4-9
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

garethgr Posted at 2015-4-9 16:05
Yea its the same, app. However probably a newer version with extra features. Like the "follow me", ...

Then it is only logical to think that the newer version will have these new features working with the I1 too... except maybe ONE feature that might be restricted when connected to the I1: GROUND STATION.
I say this because the only announced feature that might depend on the hardware used would be the waypoints navigation which may or may not yet be supported by the flight controller's firmware. This is all based on the assumption that P3 comes with Naza M flight controller (like P2V+) while the I1 has the A1 flight controller.
To be honest, I don't really understand the delay for releasing an SDK that works with I1. How different the flight controllers can be? I have a strange feeling about the delay in releasing the Ground Station support and the SDK (they seem somehow related). The I1 can do a lot more than it currently does and this is one of the few cases when hardware capabilities are limited by software capabilities (and not the other way around).
2015-4-9
Use props
garethgr
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-9 16:18
Then it is only logical to think that the newer version will have these new features working with  ...

Well here is holding thumbs they pull their thumbs out ;)
2015-4-9
Use props
Richard
New

Netherlands

Yes I know it is the same application.. but maybe only "connected" to device A will open features other than connected to device "B"... :S
2015-4-9
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

Richard Posted at 2015-4-9 17:48
Yes I know it is the same application.. but maybe only "connected" to device A will open features ot ...

I would not be too surprised...
2015-4-9
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Live streaming to youtube and other video service..  only available for the P3(I'd bet my money on that)... NO SDK for Inspire1 either.
2015-4-9
Use props
Theo ter Haar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Is there smoke coming out of the inspire, or out of my ears? :@
Seen the acuracy of the gps-mode in comparison? Ceiling?
2015-4-9
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-9 23:30
Live streaming to youtube and other video service..  only available for the P3(I'd bet my money on t ...

Life streaming on youtube is NOT NEW.
I can do that anytime with my I1.
I think some are confused here
2015-4-9
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

I'm wondering why everyone keeps referring to follow me and ground station/ waypoint capabilities of the P3. IT DOES NOT HAVE THESE FEATURES. They are referenced as potential features which could be offered by third parties utilising the SDK. NOT current features.
2015-4-10
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

wattsnb@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-10 16:00
I'm wondering why everyone keeps referring to follow me and ground station/ waypoint capabilities of ...

I have been wondering about the same - DJI is going to release a SDK so third party developers can publish apps with Follow me and Ground station.
Personally I have Ground station on my P 2 V + V3, but I hardly use it so not a big deal for me.
What I would like for my Inspire is full functionality of IOC - Course lock ( in place ) - Home lock (missing) and Failsafe ( have return to home).
I would also like to have POI
Do not like the idea of third party apps - would prefer everything in one app.
2015-4-10
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

dundee Posted at 2015-4-10 14:28
I think some are confused  ...

How do you do that in the Pilot app ? I have for sure missed something. I am just curios - I will most likely not use it anyway as I usually switch to airplain mode on my iPhone  when flying.
2015-4-10
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

Like Nilsblix I added a full 2.4GHz Datalink unit to my P2V+ but used it rarely.  I have now sold the P2V+ but have another Datalink unit sat here and will see if it can be added to the P3 when she arrives   No big deal if not but is a shame this feature has been removed. Home Lock and POI are 2 much awaited featured for both my Inspire and the new P3.
2015-4-10
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-10 14:28
I think some are confused  ...

Have the inspire since day one and never seen that feature in the app... You right i think you are confused lol...
2015-4-10
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-10 19:30
Have the inspire since day one and never seen that feature in the app... You right i think you are ...

Not directly from the app no.
But you can live stream from the Inspire1 just like you could with any other device or camera
2015-4-10
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-10 23:36
But you can live stream from the Inspire1 just like you could with a ...

Do you mind showing/explaining how??? Im just curious to know.....
2015-4-10
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wondering why would you want to stream live to YouTube. Maybe I am ignorant
2015-4-10
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-4-11 00:58
Just wondering why would you want to stream live to YouTube. Maybe I am ignorant

Do not misunderstand me - I will not try to livestream from my Inspire 1 to youtube. With my data plan and budget it would never work in an acceptable quality. Beside that I fly with my iPhone in flight mode most of the time. (Just in case someone should disturb me)
2015-4-10
Use props
Richard
New

Netherlands

dundee Posted at 2015-4-10 23:36
But you can live stream from the Inspire1 just like you could with a ...

Dundee,

Can you tell us? How to stream live to any social media? Is that via an app? Or on another way?

Gr.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules