Video goggles? Camera quality?
7629 30 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andybandy4k
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

is there a way to use video goggles with the new P3?

How do the cameras of the advanced and professional model compare when both set to 1080p? Identical?

Is there any review how the cameras perform against a gopro?

Thanks,
Andy
2015-4-9
Use props
david.moisson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 473323 ft
Belgium

I know that the HDMI adapter from Apple has a lightning port as well as an HDMI out port.
It's not clear to me if the extra lightning port is for charging only or if it passes data as well.
If it does pass data I would think that HDMI goggles like the cinemizer would be possible then.

To be tested I guess....
2015-4-9
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

The HDMI adapter has the lightning port as well, but it is only for charging.  I use the fat shark goggles on my V2, but had to use a HDMI to AV converter because the fatshark is VGA.  I am guessing your question is asking about goggles that receive the video signal not screen emulate.  Not sure on this new one, but would be nice.  Replicating the screen and cabling in is kind of a pain.   
2015-4-9
Use props
joebatt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I use FShark googles on my P2 mainly because I live in the Middle East and its too sunny to see the screen for FPV. I am looking at the Inspire 1 and also the P3 now (mainly because I cant see a reason to spend the extra on the Inspire 3 with the P3 specs being so good) However without being able to use the FShark Googles I will stick to the P2

Any idea if you can actually use them on P3 or Inspire 1?
2015-4-9
Use props
pawel2m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

P3 has no HDMI, so video googles or monitor is excluded. INspire has HDMI so video googles are compatible.
2015-4-9
Use props
andybandy4k
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks for your answer.

Im wondering if the cameras of the advanced and professional model perform identical when set to 1080p.  I don’t really need 4k, but Id go with the professional model if it has the better camera in terms of video quality and not just resolution.

2015-4-9
Use props
david.moisson.m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 473323 ft
Belgium

pawel2m Posted at 2015-4-10 00:10
P3 has no HDMI, so video googles or monitor is excluded. INspire has HDMI so video googles are compa ...

What about using a tablet with hdmi out like the nvidia shield? I think that would work.....
2015-4-9
Use props
andybandy4k
lvl.1

Germany

Someone had a look at this video already?

I'm a bit disappointed regarding contrast and color. What do you guys think?
2015-4-10
Use props
norisknofun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2809094 ft
  • >>>
Austria

The video quality can be worse due the youtube settings etc. We should see the original one. In fact both cameras inspire and p3 have the same spec
2015-4-10
Use props
fernsebastian
lvl.2

Germany

It seems to me that is simply underexposed.
2015-4-13
Use props
Long Hot Summer
New

Netherlands

I heard the Gopro4 is much better in the dark + has a bit fish eye view. But the real difference between the 2 cameras... I'm curious about this too.
2015-4-13
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

I may have good news here for you guys

I have ave the epson bt 200 goggles

Tonight i got a new samsung galaxy tab s 10.5"

I installed both DJI's A1 and PH 2 v+ apps on the TAB S and then started the screen mirroring on the TAB S and the wifi miracast app on BT-200's....

Presto!... live view from the screen from the TAB S... on the Epson BT-200 Goggles.

Flew the PH 2 V+ @ 640x480 30 frames fine.

And now have access to google maps and the ground station functions which i didnt have using the BT-200 on their own.

BTW... the screen on the TAB S is fantastic... clear and bright in full daylight!

Regs Chris
2015-4-15
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

david.moisson@m Posted at 2015-4-9 17:54
I know that the HDMI adapter from Apple has a lightning port as well as an HDMI out port.
It's not  ...

It does not work
2015-4-16
Use props
hqcariello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6095121 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-4-15 19:57
I may have good news here for you guys

I have ave the epson bt 200 goggles

miracast app? I have to try to mirror my DJI Pilot to my BT-200
2015-5-7
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

fernsebastian is correct, the video posted above is just underexposed. In addition, it's a pretty challenging lighting situation with a large dynamic range. Not unlike shooting stills in the midday sun, if you let the camera decide your exposure, AKA auto, you're gonna get stuff like this.
2015-5-7
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-8 03:28
fernsebastian is correct, the video posted above is just underexposed. In addition, it's a pretty ch ...

I agree 100%. It's about manual settings to get the best results. A lot of the shots can also be adjusted in post to up the color contrast and exposure. I think the video looks great, just shot with incorrect settings.
2015-5-7
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

andybandy4k Posted at 2015-4-10 18:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppM2Cjzv6N8

I think you shouldn't be disappointed about contract and color unless you know for sure the settings this pilot was using. Was this is auto mode... did the pilot adjust exposure in that mode, or did the pilot use manual camera settings, and fully adjust shutter, exposure, ISO, and others for this setting? And if he did, is he a good enough photographer to know how to adjust those settings.

I think this video looks plenty stable and sharp, and as far as colors and contract, I've seen other P3 videos from pilots that do know what they are doing in full manual mode, and the results are stunning.

REMEMBER, even with the BEST tools, the results of your output still depends on your skill and experience... not just in understanding photography and videography from a scientific perspective (which does matter to understand manual settings), but even in you skill for artistic composition, etc..
2015-5-7
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

I think you shouldn't be disappointed about contract and color unless you know for sure the settings this pilot was using. Was this is auto mode... did the pilot adjust exposure in that mode, or did the pilot use manual camera settings, and fully adjust shutter, exposure, ISO, and others for this setting? And if he did, is he a good enough photographer to know how to adjust those settings.

I think this video looks plenty stable and sharp, and as far as colors and contract, I've seen other P3 videos from pilots that do know what they are doing in full manual mode, and the results are stunning.

REMEMBER, even with the BEST tools, the results of your output still depends on your skill and experience... not just in understanding photography and videography from a scientific perspective (which does matter to understand manual settings), but even in you skill for artistic composition, etc..
2015-5-7
Use props
ballbreaker4712
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If you use a tablet with a usb and a hdmi like the nvidia shield or the tesco hudl you can connect the goggles to the tab.
I use the Sony hmz t3 they work great.
2015-6-22
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I would be interested to know as well if the 1080P of the Advanced and Pro camera are equal.
2015-6-22
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Check out this link I am the developer of the alien sunglasses wireless fpv system for the phantoms and inspire you may find this helpful with my glasses you can see the phantom the pad and the glasses all at once.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... /page-3#post-395721
2015-6-22
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-23 08:26
Check out this link I am the developer of the alien sunglasses wireless fpv system for the phantoms  ...

Your link doesn't work mate.

I hear the hdmi add on kit will be released for the P3 shortly also?
2015-6-22
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-23 11:15
Your link doesn't work mate.

I hear the hdmi add on kit will be released for the P3 shortly also ...

try it again, my next production run will be ready to deliver the week after the 4th, hopefully the board will be out about the same time.  I have designed a new system just for the p3 with upgrade board and inspire the price will be 399 usd, best price,  for hdmi glasses, better than cinemizer,
2015-6-22
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-23 11:43
try it again, my next production run will be ready to deliver the week after the 4th, hopefully th ...

Looks promising and i'm interested. Do you have a link to any reviews, with video or otherwise? Able to provide a quick walk-through as to how they link to say my Tab S when not using an hdmi input? I'm trying to envision how they interface to a non hdmi tablet...

I remember you also said some time back that there are wifi/miracast? issues with Android lollipop and your glasses - is that still the case or is that related to the lag issues we've been experiencing?

And of course they could easily be used for watching movies or the like, with sound, provided you don't mind looking  like a tool?

Thanks
2015-6-22
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-23 15:57
Looks promising and i'm interested. Do you have a link to any reviews, with video or otherwise? Ab ...

I was having mirror issues that followed along with the lag,  however I discovered  another problem when upgrading the tab s to lollipop, there is a glitch in lollipop that wasnt there with kit kat. it showed up relative to the pilot app and lollipop.

Wifi direct was interfering with the wifi or visa versa. After I got the video to flow on the tab again using your google rollback, the video would still not miracast,  a lock up , if you turn off the wifi and forget any other wifi connects, then when you turn on the mirror feature, it will turn the direct wifi on without interference, the picture then mirrors to my glasses, The picture is very good and even better hooked direct hdmi.  here is another hint for your tab s.

I have found something that might possibly help those using the samsung tab s,  In addition to rolling back google play of course,  download the advanced task manager by infolife llc, and install.

Before you start the pilot app.  and after you have the tab lit up, go to your developer options And scroll to the bottom and check the limit background apps allowed to run to "0"  ,   You may run the task kill from the task manager you just downloaded, before or after you set the apps run to 0, There will only be a few things left running,  (including google play services of course) .

I experience practically no lag, what so ever,  I believe I can tell a physical heat difference just feeling my tab, the tab feels normal.  It does maybe slow  a bit, late in the flight , but I am also mirroring video to my glasses also,  But here is the good thing after 10 min. or so into the flight use your pull down menu.  The task manager may have placed a message there stating that the processor is lagging and do you wish to fix.

Tap fix, and it will tell you that the dji pilot app is lagging the processor ,  tap the repair. and the pilot app., I think speeds back up, if it is lagging at all,  I am still testing and observing, you may want to look at this, and experiment yourself if you have a tab s.  This may apply to other Samsung devices I don't know.  there is also one other thing you may want to look at.

In your developer tools there is another option,  "force 2d  gpu video rendering"  I believe this speeds thing s up further, for a bit, but may heat and lag processor quicker.  Still observing and testing.
Note that you have to set the background app limit to 0 and run kill each time you start.

Flew a full 20 min flight last night , no problems, except that my motors were hotter than ever I could not really touch them,  It was 100 degrees out , and a very long flight, considering that the esc.s  are an integral part of the main board on the P3,  I am not going to do that again.  The tablet felt normal and no lag.  I  hope this helps and you get the  same results.  This may be repeat info. As I have not read this whole thread.

This seemingly works best on lollipop, I have two tabs one kit kat one lollipop,  before last updates the kit kat seemed to work better, opposite now, I got the lollipop tab to clock up to over 40,000 on an tu tu.  right up there with the note 5, the best I can get out of the kit kat now is about 36,000 below nexus and g3.     
2015-6-23
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

be aware if your using the hudl 2 with hdmi out into the fatshark v2 into the hdmi in they do not work as the hudl 2 outputs 720p they need 480p to work well they do for me lol
2015-6-23
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

mark1975 Posted at 2015-6-23 20:33
be aware if your using the hudl 2 with hdmi out into the fatshark v2 into the hdmi in they do not wo ...

Mark
That is why my glasses  are the best option my glasses accept 720 and 1080, with true hdmi input the picture is fantastic,  plus it is formatted to the   16x9 screen size, true hdmi size,  same as the 720 output format of the phantom.  These are the only fpv  glasses system designed specifically, for the phantom and inspire. lots of other glasses display in 4x3 format,  also fat shark are of course more like diving goggles ,  covering your whole face, how do you keep the aircraft in your line of sight, and how do you operate and see the pad, for crying out loud, were flying here, not scuba diving.  I designed this system to look as though it came with the phantom or inspire.  Wy pay more for less.
2015-6-23
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

Have a you kink to the glasses please for me to have a gander
2015-6-23
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-23 20:18
I was having mirror issues that followed along with the lag,  however I discovered  another proble ...

Cheers. How much would shipping to Australia be once you get them back in stock?

Yeah I've seen those options in the developer options but haven't tried them yet. Might try them later but for now I'm flying ok with the other workaround.

DJI really need to fix it in the app/firmware
2015-6-23
Use props
aerial_dronesSD
New

United States

Yes, the video quality is extremely disappointing on the Phantom 3 professional. I have examine all the video setting and can not get good quality video.
2015-7-21
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

P3PO Posted at 2015-6-23 06:34
I would be interested to know as well if the 1080P of the Advanced and Pro camera are equal.

Check out.

Butch
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules