Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go 4.1.14 released for iOS

What's New in Version 4.1.14
Spark:

1. Added Spherical Pano sub-modes (with firmware v01.00.0700).
2. Fixed an issue where cached QuickShots couldn't be viewed without an SD card.

Inspire 2:
1. Added support for the Zenmuse X7, DJI’s new Super 35 6K camera.
2. Added support for the new DJI Cinema Color System (with latest firmware).

Editor:
1. Added an AutoEdit button to the Playback menu, allowing users to quickly create and share short videos.
2. Added new filters, music, and opening titles.
3. Optimized album management.
4. Users can now directly import CrystalSky files from the Album tab.

2017-10-25
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305413 ft
United States

... and will be there finally .700 firmware new app is referring to?
2017-10-25
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Third App update with no FW-update.
Nice Dji.
2017-10-25
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Haha, sorry DJI I don't take you serious anymore
Dam it get the firmware right and then do new software releases. It's ridiculous that you come with new "features" but make them dependable on an "upcoming" FW update.

expect the following options in new app:
* Raw video
* 4k video
* waypoints
* RAW photo
* Range extend 7km

... by the way you need firmware .99999 for this to activate ;)

2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-10-25 02:53
Third App update with no FW-update.
Nice Dji.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on it being released later today or tomorrow.

However, I think I probably said the same thing 2 months ago when they first announced .0700.  
2017-10-25
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

LOL, a good LOL for this morning. DJI has been a joke. What is good an APP without the firmware to backup the functionality? 0.7 will be ready ONLY on 2018.
2017-10-25
Use props
23jacks1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1299206 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I wonder if this version will report the battery serial info in the flight log?
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The new version crashes on my iPhone every time I try to go into the Spark whether I am connected to the Spark itself or not.
So far it is working okay on my iPad.  
2017-10-25
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-25 04:11
The new version crashes on my iPhone every time I try to go into the Spark whether I am connected to the Spark itself or not.

Which iPhone model?  I have a 8+ and it is working fine so far.  I haven't flown yet though.  Waiting for daylight.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just deleted the app from my phone and re-downloaded it from the app store.  I logged back in, was asked to update the fly-safe database for geo-fencing and now it appears to be working again with no crashes.  I have not flown with it yet though.  Just connected successfully with no crashing.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-10-25 04:17
Which iPhone model?  I have a 8+ and it is working fine so far.  I haven't flown yet though.  Waiting for daylight.

iPhone 6s with iOS 11.0.3.
2017-10-25
Use props
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

Just checked the German IOS App store, no update shown as available.  Now what?
2017-10-25
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

This version also expects my wifi-only ipad to be connected to the rc and Internet at the same time to update the go 4 fly safe database.
So how did you do that?
(I wonder why the spark has to be connected simultaneously).
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

heliman Posted at 2017-10-25 04:24
This version also expects my wifi-only ipad to be connected to the rc and Internet at the same time to update the go 4 fly safe database.
So how did you do that?
(I wonder why the spark has to be connected simultaneously).

Both of my devices have cellular service, so that isn't an issue I've had to face.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobD Posted at 2017-10-25 04:23
Just checked the German IOS App store, no update shown as available.  Now what?

Wait patiently?  Based on the release notes, it doesn't appear to have any features you are likely to miss much until its gets to your app store.

Quite honestly, until the .0700 firmware is released, none of us are really getting much new since 4.1.10.
2017-10-25
Use props
fansfa5741ad
lvl.2
Germany

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-25 04:11

I have the same issue. IPhone 6s Plus iOS 11.
2017-10-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

LeChuck71 Posted at 2017-10-25 02:59
Dam it get the firmware right and then do new software releases. It's ridiculous that you come with new "features" but make them dependable on an "upcoming" FW update.

Let me just point out that you got the spark knowing what you were getting.  It's nice that you want all these things, but the reality is, you should have purchased a MavicPro.  Most of the things you listed aren't doable on the Spark, regardless of how many firmware they release; no 4k video, range is limited to WIFI only, no RAW vidieo.

I purchased my Spark knowing what I was getting and not pointing fingers at DJI for not doing anything to give spark owners something that was never promised.  In theory, you don't buy a Civic and then expect Honda to convert your car to an Acura.

The Spark is an amazing drone that contains features not found in any other drone on the market.

my 2 cents ...
2017-10-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-25 04:29
Wait patiently?  Based on the release notes, it doesn't appear to have any features you are likely to miss much until its gets to your app store.

Quite honestly, until the .0700 firmware is released, none of us are really getting much new since 4.1.10.

its probably app stability upgrades.  Firmware will come soon; my assumption.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-10-25 05:30
Let me just point out that you got the spark knowing what you were getting.  It's nice that you want all these things, but the reality is, you should have purchased a MavicPro.  Most of the things you listed aren't doable on the Spark, regardless of how many firmware they release; no 4k video, range is limited to WIFI only, no RAW vidieo.

I purchased my Spark knowing what I was getting and not pointing fingers at DJI for not doing anything to give spark owners something that was never promised.  In theory, you don't buy a Civic and then expect Honda to convert your car to an Acura.

I think the poster's comments were intended in jest of the current situation with firmware and not as a real expectation of features.   I think they were making light of the release of software 2 months ago that referenced added feature that did not work without a firmware update that still hasn't been released.  At least that is how I took it.  If that was the intent it is a fair poke at the way the software/firmware has been deployed,  It could have been executed better.
2017-10-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-10-25 05:51
I think the poster's comments were intended in jest of the current situation with firmware and not as a real expectation of features.   I think they were making light of the release of software 2 months ago that referenced added feature that did not work without a firmware update that still hasn't been released.  At least that is how I took it.  If that was the intent it is a fair poke at the way the software/firmware has been deployed,  It could have been executed better.

i completely agree with you.  
2017-10-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

LeChuck71 Posted at 2017-10-25 02:59

On a different note.  My previous post may have been related to the middle section of your post.

I do agree with your first comment.  I too am a little disappointed in DJI for releasing now 4 new versions of the APP without a firmware update.

DJI, it would be nice if a communication came with each APP or Firmware release that gave us more information to what is included and when we should expect a firmware update.
2017-10-25
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

Downloaded the update and had a little fly around the kitchen. No issues with app crashing. One thing I didn't check, was to see if the OTG cable is still locked as I flew wifi. Will check again tomorrow.
2017-10-25
Use props
Yuddh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46821 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Had the same issue with the app crashing after update. Deleted and reinstalled and works fine. However the no fly zone update consistently fails since last update.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yuddh Posted at 2017-10-25 12:21
Had the same issue with the app crashing after update. Deleted and reinstalled and works fine. However the no fly zone update consistently fails since last update.

I was able to update the no fly database without any issues.  Both of my devices do have cellular data services though.  I think some with WiFi only devices were reporting some issues since they can't be connected to both the internet and the device at the same time.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've also found a 3rd new update not documented in the 4.1.14 release notes.  When switching into Sports Mode, you now get a popup with 4 warnings about how dangerous Sports Mode is and to proceed with caution.  It appears for me every time switching to Sports Mode and does not have a "do not show again" option.

2017-10-25
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

4 warnings? Where?
The whole left part of my iphone SE is already full of popups that I can’t dismiss while steering.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It is one big popup with 4 items listed.
IMG_0333.PNG IMG_0334.PNG
2017-10-25
Use props
pashas_dad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982723 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-25 04:26
Both of my devices have cellular service, so that isn't an issue I've had to face.

I saw it was a very colorful sunset tonight so I tried launching the Spark after updating the GO4 app.

I had the new version of the app crash with my iPad mini4 (WiFi only) and Spark also. I do not have cellular service but I did the following and it worked.

I deleted the GO4 app and reinstalled it.

When I restarted the app, I had to log in to my DJI account so had to switch to my home WiFi to do so. Then I switched back to RC WiFi but it wanted to load the NoFly zone database, so I just switched to my home WiFi connection again and when it completed and wanted to update the aircraft, I switched it back to the RC WiFi connection.
Just go back and forth with WiFi connections as the app is asking for info. See if that works for others to overcome the app crashing. It worked for me.

Did the reload in less than 5 minutes and still got this picture of sunset. That's the Manhattan skyline way in the background. Taken from Long Island, 40 miles east of NYC.

Sunset pano (180deg) from Long Island, Oct 25, 2017

2017-10-25
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Thanks.
Probably a safety feature:  Block the fpv view at any opportunity and force the pilot to let go of the sticks and fly LOS while trying to dismiss messages.

2017-10-25
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yep the sport mode pop up was highly annoying today! You should be able to choose not to show again. I didn't even realized it was there at first, horses around a bunch in sport and went to check my battery - whoop there is was, every time I flicked that switch.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2017-10-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the upgrade DJI.
2017-10-25
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
Malaysia

How do you get the DJI Go 4 app to show the version number?
2017-10-25
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
Malaysia

Virgil Quick Posted at 2017-10-25 16:51
How do you get the DJI Go 4 app to show the version number?

Found the version number.
2017-10-25
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

Rawsome Posted at 2017-10-25 15:16
Yep the sport mode pop up was highly annoying today! You should be able to choose not to show again. I didn't even realized it was there at first, horses around a bunch in sport and went to check my battery - whoop there is was, every time I flicked that switch.

S-mode popup is super annoying... can't agree more.

The repetitive popups in other places are just as annoying.
2017-10-25
Use props
djisparky
New
Flight distance : 1109 ft
Australia

I have an iPhone 6s running 11.0.3, no issues with running the app here.
2017-10-25
Use props
Expedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What an annoying  popup. Pretty sure I will „love“ it even more if I am in need of sport mode I.e. fighting against heavy wind gusts, flip the switch and then have to dismiss that message *sigh*
How about making it go away forever in the settings dji?
2017-10-25
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

@IOS users: If screen estate is more important to you that quickshots, try the free app vr pro for spark/mavic/phantom.It can do full screen without clutter.

2017-10-26
Use props
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

I checked again, and it appears all of you are late.  My App is the latest version and it shows as installed on 18 October.
2017-10-27
Use props
bety
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097644 ft
Vietnam

Since DJI GO4 v4.1.14 impossible to load the satellite map of flight data. The application closes every time.
2017-10-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules