SPARK Firmware v01.00.0700 only on 2018
3297 24 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

My best guess v01.00.0700 for SPARK will be available around first quarter of 2018. DJI has been a joke on this, DJI GO 4 having functionality that is not backuped by the firmware.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Firm ware = Fantom ware
2017-10-25
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The hardware and firmware are pretty mature, while the go app has lots of space for improvement.
That why there are more go app than firmware updates, I think.
2017-10-25
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
United States

heliman Posted at 2017-10-25 04:33
The hardware and firmware are pretty mature, while the go app has lots of space for improvement.
That why there are more go app than firmware updates, I think.

That doesn't excuse DJI to have features on DJI Go for SPARK that aren't available to the current firmware. The x7 firmware is overdue at least by 2 months.
2017-10-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

patiently waiting to see when the new firmware will be available.
2017-10-25
Use props
fansa4502aab
lvl.1
Russia

I've asked online support and they say "within this month"
But it's really second time when new firmware announced in APP update
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We don't have any news of the firmware update time frame at the moment, please kindly pay attention to the release note of our official website. There will be an update once it is available. Thank you for your patience.
2017-10-25
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-25 05:50
We don't have any news of the firmware update time frame at the moment, please kindly pay attention to the release note of our official website. There will be an update once it is available. Thank you for your patience.

Our patient is running low as Hela with this firmware joke from DJI for Spark.
2017-10-25
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

Personally, I prefer to wait longer and get a stable new firmware, than get it right now and have my spark crashed due to some bug and insufficient testing.
2017-10-25
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

At least DJI is pushing updates and fixes for the app which right now needs more attention than the firmware anyways. I'll be happy to patiently wait for a proper firmware that has been tested and will produce a better flying experience.
2017-10-25
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

_pk Posted at 2017-10-25 06:26
Personally, I prefer to wait longer and get a stable new firmware, than get it right now and have my spark crashed due to some bug and insufficient testing.

Right? Me too.
2017-10-25
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
United States

2 months to get a stable firmware? Some R&D group on DJI needs to be replaced.
2017-10-25
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

LOKY Posted at 2017-10-25 05:57
Our patient is running low as Hela with this firmware joke from DJI for Spark.

Just imagine that the new unreleased firmware has a bug in it that causes the Spark to randomly fly away and crash.

Now are you willing to wait a little longer? ;-)
2017-10-25
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

LOKY Posted at 2017-10-25 08:41
2 months to get a stable firmware? Some R&D group on DJI needs to be replaced.

I think you misunderstand how difficult software actually is.  Most likely the people at fault are whoever put the note of the firmware in the release notes for Go 4.   This sounds like a mistake with marketing more than engineering, as it is very obvious that x7 was no where near ready.  When talking about firmware updates for a device with 4 spinning blades that flies, you kinda want to make sure that everything works.  Rushing it out the door and having drones fall out of the sky is far worse than a few people being very impatient.  It is very likely they discovered a serious bug and are testing like crazy before they release it to the wild.

The drone flies very well on x6 firmware, and most of the features that are expected can be achieved in Litchi or AutoPilot.  I would suggest enjoying the device you have now, and be pleasantly surprised when new features come your way.
2017-10-25
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
United States

1px0ff Posted at 2017-10-25 08:50
I think you misunderstand how difficult software actually is.  Most likely the people at fault are whoever put the note of the firmware in the release notes for Go 4.   This sounds like a mistake with marketing more than engineering, as it is very obvious that x7 was no where near ready.  When talking about firmware updates for a device with 4 spinning blades that flies, you kinda want to make sure that everything works.  Rushing it out the door and having drones fall out of the sky is far worse than a few people being very impatient.  It is very likely they discovered a serious bug and are testing like crazy before they release it to the wild.

The drone flies very well on x6 firmware, and most of the features that are expected can be achieved in Litchi or AutoPilot.  I would suggest enjoying the device you have now, and be pleasantly surprised when new features come your way.

Hello 1px0ff, only a background here, I don't misunderstanding how difficult firmware is, I work with software for more than 30 years, and worked on R&D for long time with microprocessor firmware. If my R&D group takes 2 months to delivery a software update to our clients (that by the way are one the biggest ones here in US), you can bet that personal changes will happen). SPARK for me is just kind of fun stuff, but what get on my nerves sometimes, is when they release a "front end" feature, that , well , depends on the "backend" that who knows when will be released, my bet is 2018. So, just "venting" . . .
2017-10-25
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

TranceMist Posted at 2017-10-25 08:48
Just imagine that the new unreleased firmware has a bug in it that causes the Spark to randomly fly away and crash.

Now are you willing to wait a little longer? ;-)

Who knows?!
2017-10-25
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

I am almost certain that new firmware will contain a critical bug....
2017-10-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Patience is a virtue!
2017-10-25
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

There is a lot of very whingy posts on this forum in the last few weeks. Tell me, other than your initial outlay, how much money do you contribute to DJI for further developments?
Be patient, enjoy your drone and when the updates are complete, they will be released.
2017-10-25
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Waiting waiting waitin....
2017-10-25
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
United States

Lyons90 Posted at 2017-10-25 11:44
There is a lot of very whingy posts on this forum in the last few weeks. Tell me, other than your initial outlay, how much money do you contribute to DJI for further developments?
Be patient, enjoy your drone and when the updates are complete, they will be released.

Are you just joking , right? "how much money do you contribute to DJI for further developments?" I really hope you are just doing a big joke, because that is the lamest argument I saw in near a decade. How much money do you think DJI earn on each drone they sell? DJI is one of the largest drone manufacturer around (maybe one reason they are lazy). I don't think they are in need of any monetary help for their R&D department, unless of course the power in charge, just put an end on outside manufacturing from overseas.

Sorry, but I can't stop LOL. That is mad as a meat-axe, maybe I am starting to be popular as a rattle snake in a lucky dip.
2017-10-25
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

LOKY Posted at 2017-10-25 16:18
Are you just joking , right? "how much money do you contribute to DJI for further developments?" I really hope you are just doing a big joke, because that is the lamest argument I saw in near a decade. How much money do you think DJI earn on each drone they sell? DJI is one of the largest drone manufacturer around (maybe one reason they are lazy). I don't think they are in need of any monetary help for their R&D department, unless of course the power in charge, just put an end on outside manufacturing from overseas.

Sorry, but I can't stop LOL. That is mad as a meat-axe, maybe I am starting to be popular as a rattle snake in a lucky dip.

No, not a joke at all.
The amount of money the make on the hardware sale means absolutely nothing. Do you understand how a business works?? I may be wrong, happy to be corrected, but I have seen no SLA regarding future releases of new features, so any additions is because they CHOOSE to.
In what way are they lazy? In less than 6 months of being released, there have been 2 firmware updates and a 3rd that will be released before the 6 month mark. And this is for a device that is one of their cheapest.
Some of the comments regarding how DJI operate that I have read from Spark owners is absolutely ridiculous, especially coming from customers who have paid peanuts to own their hardware.

I, for one, am very happy with my purchase, and I am happy to wait as long as DJI take to release any form of updates. The age of entitlement is a frustrating one.
2017-10-25
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118 ft

Netherlands

LOKY Posted at 2017-10-25 09:08
Hello 1px0ff, only a background here, I don't misunderstanding how difficult firmware is, I work with software for more than 30 years, and worked on R&D for long time with microprocessor firmware. If my R&D group takes 2 months to delivery a software update to our clients (that by the way are one the biggest ones here in US), you can bet that personal changes will happen). SPARK for me is just kind of fun stuff, but what get on my nerves sometimes, is when they release a "front end" feature, that , well , depends on the "backend" that who knows when will be released, my bet is 2018. So, just "venting" . . .

Maybe you should go work for DJI  IT department
2017-10-28
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

It seems to me that they are busy integrating the Aerospace into the new firmware. This can be priority.
2017-10-28
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Firmware v01.00.0700 is now available
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now