Ideas & suggestions for the Mavic developers/engineers
1569 13 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexTee
lvl.1

Switzerland

The Mavic Pro Platinum brings some cool new features, but not a breakthrough. I hope that the breakthrough comes with the new generation. I don't know if this is the right place to write this, but I could not find any better and hope that someone from DJI will read my post and give my ideas to the development team.

Here is what I (and many of us) would love to have on the new generation of Mavic:
  •       Reliable following mode that would not only work with the optical recognition, but would be connected/following also via the remote control that we carry along anyway. This would then work e.g. when Mavic follows you over a forest path where from time to time a thick canopy of leaves completely covers the person being followed. This way Mavic would not lose you. No extra bracelets and such things are needed…
  •          Hold/block function on the remote. The remote should have a function to totally block it e.g. when you ride a mountain bike and you put your phone into your backpack. This way, any movements of the buttons and levers in the backpack would be blocked = no unexpected crashes
  •          More avoidance sensors: I can well imagine avoidance sensors that would be on the top or even in the back of Mavic, so when it would follow a hiker/biker over a  path in the forest and it would be flying e.g. 2m above the person followed, it would avoid the branches above it
  •       Keeping the set ground clearance also in the follow me mode (or in another special following mode): The next gen should be able to follow a person e.g. on a mountain bike and keep the ground clearance set by the user. If the user sets ground clearance of 20m, Mavic should increase automatically the altitude if it follows the biker that is riding up the mountain and decrease the altitude in such mode if the rider is going downhill. So the ground clearance would be all the time 20m even if the rider starts in 1500m a.s.l. and rides down to 500m a.s.l.
  •          Very cool would be if the new Mavic would have a follow me face up mode, where it would be able to actually go back/reverse and follow/record someone from the front. Here the rear avoidance sensors would come handy. It would be very nice to have videos where you are facing the camera and e.g. riding a bike or running...
I would like to thank the developers/engineers in advance for considering my innovation proposals and invite hereby the forum to bring the ideas for the features that they think would be cool on the new Mavic generation.
Thank you!

2017-10-25
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I should increase your list with a more reliable gimbal and better camera, with 60fps recording; 360 degree view; pano pictures;
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Alex, thanks for the feedback and suggestion. You gave a lot of details and it showed that you were really interested in drone. I would forward those ideas. Thanks a lot.
2017-10-27
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-27 03:10
Alex, thanks for the feedback and suggestion. You gave a lot of details and it showed that you were really interested in drone. I would forward those ideas. Thanks a lot.

Do you really put any ideas we have to the developers for future generations of the drones? if so, what is the process for doing so and how would you feed back to us that this has happened and what the thoughts were from the developers?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bigga J Posted at 2017-10-27 07:02
Do you really put any ideas we have to the developers for future generations of the drones? if so, what is the process for doing so and how would you feed back to us that this has happened and what the thoughts were from the developers?

Yes, we will collect the feedback from users and our engineers will look into the thread. If your suggestion is accepted, we would let you know.
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5a10c9a6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516932 ft
Mexico

Hello all. Hope this helps in future updates. Especially for film makers. More for the Mavic Pro as its my work horse for traveling. A focus peak would work wonders on moving subjects. So you can see what your currently focused on.
2018-3-13
Use props
AlexTee
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-27 03:10

Hi Elektra!

Thanks for your reply! Sorry, I wasn't here for quite a long time.

Seems like the development is running very fast in the business and some of the features that I mentioned are already in the Mavic Air. I suppose that you are looking much into the artificial intelligence in DJI. These guys seem to have good ideas when it comes to drone AI, but I am sure you know them already: https://www.skydio.com.

I saw that Mavic Air can now follow a mountain biker up the hill and increase its altitude, but cannot decrease it, when the biker is going down the hill... I hope that the Mavic Pro 2 will have that fixed and will bring a much more reliable following mode combining optical following and following of the remote in the bikers bag (the remote would be in an "on hold" mode in the backpack).

BTW a faster start of the foldable drones would be also useful. Pairing, combinations of button pushes etc. require quite a long time when mostly the user wants to put it into the sky as fast as possible. Some simplification here and a default flight mode that would be ready faster and after one simple click of the turn on button would be a cool improvement.

Thank you guys that you are following the suggestions of the users and fans. That will make the DJI drones even better than they are!

Best,
Alex
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

AlexTee Posted at 2018-3-14 00:28
Hi Elektra!

Thanks for your reply! Sorry, I wasn't here for quite a long time.

Alex, I really admire your enthusiasm in our product. We will work hard on improving our product, please wait patiently for the new one.
2018-3-14
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I prefer one app for each drone. And combine all the things 3 party apps have like:
Advanced Ground Station editor allowing you to create missions that include advanced operations such as orbits and panorama operations and save for later use.
flying waypoints(gps points) missions with adding div. things on a waypoint like: start stop video recording, make photo, make panorama, orbit with focus on a POI save them for later use.
2018-3-15
Use props
TheRecloned
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516932 ft
Mexico

fans5a10c9a6 Posted at 2018-3-13 15:44
Hello all. Hope this helps in future updates. Especially for film makers. More for the Mavic Pro as its my work horse for traveling. A focus peak would work wonders on moving subjects. So you can see what your currently focused on.

Found the focus peak. jejeje
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_w6J6cRiB2grz
lvl.1

United States

Dear developers & engineers, my question concerns search and rescue with the new enterprise thermal drone. It would be extremely helpful if the DJI goggles could work with the thermal imaging while panning. We could cover more ground faster and easier in thermal mode while observing through the goggles. Thank you. I look forward to your response. Jay J. Fulcher
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_w6J6cRiB2grz
lvl.1

United States

Dear developers & engineers, my question concerns search and rescue with the new enterprise thermal drone. It would be extremely helpful if the DJI goggles could work with the thermal imaging while panning. We could cover more ground faster and easier in thermal mode while observing through the goggles. Thank you. I look forward to your response. Jay J. Fulcher
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_w6J6cRiB2grz
lvl.1

United States

Hello, need an enterprise search and rescue drone that has both zoom and thermal capabilities and both features working in conjunction with DJI goggles.  
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_w6J6cRiB2grz
lvl.1

United States

Hello, need an enterprise search and rescue drone that has both zoom and thermal capabilities and both features working in conjunction with DJI goggles.  
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules